OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sat in on Trae Young work out this morning at the academy in Sherman oaks.

He may measure out at 6'2, but man he's a short 6'2. As in his profile / limbs are really short, making him look small as hell.

Besides that, he's an elite level shooter and ball handler. I was heavily impressed by what Drew and pure sweat were putting him through and how easily he was getting through It all.

He may measure out at 6'2, but man he's a short 6'2. As in his profile / limbs are really short, making him look small as hell.

Besides that, he's an elite level shooter and ball handler. I was heavily impressed by what Drew and pure sweat were putting him through and how easily he was getting through It all.

How do you think he’ll fare in the NBA?

How do you think he’ll fare in the NBA?

Fit matters, but his skill is just too great to ignore. I think he'll be fine. Really good. More Steve Nash than Steph Curry, but I don't see how he doesn't end up being a really good pro. If he gets past the top 8 I think it's a mistake IMO.

Fit matters, but his skill is just too great to ignore. I think he'll be fine. Really good. More Steve Nash than Steph Curry, but I don't see how he doesn't end up being a really good pro. If he gets past the top 8 I think it's a mistake IMO.

I just worry about him being a huge liability defensively. After watching JJ Redick and Belinelli get murdered over and over again against the Celtics I can already see it :lol:

I just worry about him being a huge liability defensively. After watching JJ Redick and Belinelli get murdered over and over again against the Celtics I can already see it :lol:

Meh, I mean he doesn't project to be a good defender, but Nash wasn't, and it took steph awhile before he became above average and even now, come Monday the Rockets are going to seek him out. Not that I throw defense out of the window, but if Trae Young comes close to maxing out offensively, all he has to do then is just not be terrible on defense, which I believe can happen. (Years from now when he's stronger, more experienced, etc.)

The thing that's going to make or break trae, and they're working with him on this every day, is his finishing at the rim. His handle, shooting and IQ are so good that he'll be able to make the right reads out of PnR almost immediately, including getting to the rim. The problem is once he gets there. Peak Nash was at like 70% at the rim, steph shot 66% at the rim this season. If he gets to around there, all star.

Have you see any other guys Drew's been working with and how do they look? Just from his IG, I know I've seen Mo, Melton, Justin Jackson.

Despite Trae Young's "red flags" (Defense, Finishing at the rim, profile) he checks off the 3 most critical traits in a high level PG for the NBA today:

- He can make off the dribble 3's. He obviously proved this in college.

- He can playmake out of the PG position and out of PnR. He has real vision and made a lot of advanced reads as a freshman.

- He frys bigs on switches. This is HUGE. The fact that out of PnR, you can't leave your big on him makes his gravity / impact potentially tangible from Day 1.

Despite Trae Young's "red flags" (Defense, Finishing at the rim, profile) he checks off the 3 most critical traits in a high level PG for the NBA today:

- He can make off the dribble 3's. He obviously proved this in college.

- He can playmake out of the PG position and out of PnR. He has real vision and made a lot of advanced reads as a freshman.

- He frys bigs on switches. This is HUGE. The fact that out of PnR, you can't leave your big on him makes his gravity / impact potentially tangible from Day 1.

Yup. If Yogi Ferrell, JJ Barrea and Seth Curry could figure it out...then I got faith in Trae.

He’s way too skilled at the important parts of a PG at such a young age. His ball skills, shooting and vision are too good to pass up outside of the top 5/6 to me.

How is my fellow Terp Justin Jackson looking?

That’s my guy, bro. He’s been diligent as far as being a hard worker, there everyday. His shoulder has limited how much he can actually do, but he’s been shooting really well for the most part.

That’s his avenue into the league IMO. Gotta be a knockdown shooter which he has the potential to do so and has solid wing size.

That’s my guy, bro. He’s been diligent as far as being a hard worker, there everyday. His shoulder has limited how much he can actually do, but he’s been shooting really well for the most part.

That’s his avenue into the league IMO. Gotta be a knockdown shooter which he has the potential to do so and has solid wing size.
Good to hear. I really liked his potential after his performance last year. Shoulder was clearly effecting him in the games he played this year. His game is pretty much the epitome of how basketball is played now though. 6’9”ish dude that can shoot 3s, rebound, and put the ball on the floor a bit.

Yup. If Yogi Ferrell, JJ Barrea and Seth Curry could figure it out...then I got faith in Trae.

He’s way too skilled at the important parts of a PG at such a young age. His ball skills, shooting and vision are too good to pass up outside of the top 5/6 to me.
There's just too many more positives than negatives. Especially when you compare him to other successfulish guards

Get him in an exceptional fit he gonna average 8-9 assists out the gate

This class will be special just like this past class

Haven’t said it in a while so I thought I’d chime in and say Jaren Jackson is ****ing trash.

This is the first year in like 5 years where I don't give a **** about the lottery :lol:

Used to plan that day for months.

Feels good to have the Sixers make it this far in the playoffs and still look forward to the lottery.

Back
Top Bottom