Official NBA 2k13 Thread

playstation store got 2k13 for $30 since its all star weekend...downloading now 
nthat.gif

for those who dont have the nba all star weekend dlc text nba2k to 777483

it will then tell you to put in your year of birth. for example 1984. once you text that it will ask you what system you prefer xbox or ps3. put in xbox for example. then they will send you a code for free

if its already been said my bad. if not dont forget to hit the props button :smokin

it will then tell you to put in your year of birth. for example 1984. once you text that it will ask you what system you prefer xbox or ps3. put in xbox for example. then they will send you a code for free

if its already been said my bad. if not dont forget to hit the props button :smokin

looks like they going to charge me monthly tho?...i am good

What are the charging monthly for?

if its already been said my bad. if not dont forget to hit the props button
smokin.gif

They wont charge you anything, unless you dont pay for data and text messaging through your service which I assume most people do anyways

In that case just text them "STOP"

I don't know if this is the first year they have the Guitar Hero type Dunk Contest but I'm liking it a lot so far.

This game is garbage for online competition. If you don't use an elite team with a overrated superstar you won't win many games against the majority of cheesers. I've played over a 100 games using the Blazer. My win record is at 70% but the majority of my losses are to the elite teams containing overrated players. The cheeses people do include going into the post via spin or dropstep with allstar and pumping faking 1000x then making a shot or passing out to a wide open player. It's like most of these players have some kind of magnet attracting defenders that don't need to. Another cheese is done my quick pgs is to move the control stick left and right widely and make the defense non-existent. Then there are the cheesers that put Lebron to PG or switch Curry and Thompson to create mismatches. The list of cheeses is never ending. 2k nerfed the stealing cheese, now they need to nerf the signature skills and improve off-ball defense. Other cheeses include how ratchet Jamal Crawford and Carmelo are at shooting and even tight defense not altering their shot. A big one that annoys me is the 4th quarter cheese and change of momentum.

So moving someone to another position is a cheese? Scoring with hmmmm a scorer is a cheese, The Blazers Losing to the Heat is a cheese

how about you can't adjust to different ways of playing ?

So moving someone to another position is a cheese? Scoring with hmmmm a scorer is a cheese, The Blazers Losing to the Heat is a cheese

how about you can't adjust to different ways of playing ?
It isn't sim ball/realistic to put Klay at the point man.

This game is garbage for online competition. If you don't use an elite team with a overrated superstar you won't win many games against the majority of cheesers. I've played over a 100 games using the Blazer. My win record is at 70% but the majority of my losses are to the elite teams containing overrated players. The cheeses people do include going into the post via spin or dropstep with allstar and pumping faking 1000x then making a shot or passing out to a wide open player. It's like most of these players have some kind of magnet attracting defenders that don't need to.[/SIZE] Another cheese is done my quick pgs is to move the control stick left and right widely and make the defense non-existent. Then there are the cheesers that put Lebron to PG or switch Curry and Thompson to create mismatches. The list of cheeses is never ending. 2k nerfed the stealing cheese, now they need to nerf the signature skills and improve off-ball defense. Other cheeses include how ratchet Jamal Crawford and Carmelo are at shooting and even tight defense not altering their shot. A big one that annoys me is the 4th quarter cheese and change of momentum.

This is by far the biggest gripe about online competition (I know I've *****ed about it several times in this thread). When you're on defense, too often the game will render you incapable of defending a star player just to give them an advantage. So the game will "magically" stick your player in quicksand even though you've swtiched onto him and are trying to move him out to Ray Allen three seconds before a pass is even made. Or your defender just jogs past Lebron rather than make contact with him.

My thing is that if I KNOW exactly what a guy is doing, I should have a decent chance at stopping it. Not having the game basically shut the lights out on my controller for 2 seconds to give players using Lebron or KD a window to have their way with me.

I know KD and Lebron and Kobe and those guys are supposed to be special and their competition is often intimidated in real life... but come on...

Maybe the only reason why it irks me so much is when I play dudes who instant replay some wild *** shot they hit with Lebron like they're good at the game. NO, you're not...

Last edited:
I mean it's not realistic but I think it's a little overboard to complain about stuff like that. You can EASILY go to preferred defenders and put your PG on Curry all the time and the rest of the matchups fall into place. Now he has an undersized Curry on your SG and a bad man defender in Klay on a faster PG.

The cheese that bothers me is the 1-3-1 and not because I can't beat it, I normally pick it apart but I like calling plays and playing real basketball. Against the 1-3-1, offense is the same every time down. Give it to who ever is at the 3 point line and look for the opposite corner or the center cutting inside. If it's not that, call a horns play and look for the corners after giving it to one of the big guys. From there, it's just moving the ball. It's just annoying when I'm trying to play realistic ball and I have to play zone offense the WHOLE GAME.

Yeah, switching around positions isn't really cheese IMO, it's just an annoyance. In my mind, I'm sitting there thinking, dude you think you're being smart and **** putting Lebron as your PG and whatnot but there's a reason why the Heat don't do that in real life. And it takes a 10 second pause to switch around your defensive matchups to be the way they're supposed to regardless of position.

5-0 so far...haven't faced the heat yet...last year I used to whoop the heat with any team...but I have a feeling it'll be a lil tougher this year cause they let the star player do some unrealistic **** this year

I mean it's not realistic but I think it's a little overboard to complain about stuff like that. You can EASILY go to preferred defenders and put your PG on Curry all the time and the rest of the matchups fall into place. Now he has an undersized Curry on your SG and a bad man defender in Klay on a faster PG. .
Bingo!!!!!

I mean it's not realistic but I think it's a little overboard to complain about stuff like that. You can EASILY go to preferred defenders and put your PG on Curry all the time and the rest of the matchups fall into place. Now he has an undersized Curry on your SG and a bad man defender in Klay on a faster PG.

The cheese that bothers me is the 1-3-1 and not because I can't beat it, I normally pick it apart but I like calling plays and playing real basketball. Against the 1-3-1, offense is the same every time down. Give it to who ever is at the 3 point line and look for the opposite corner or the center cutting inside. If it's not that, call a horns play and look for the corners after giving it to one of the big guys. From there, it's just moving the ball. It's just annoying when I'm trying to play realistic ball and I have to play zone offense the WHOLE GAME.

Bruh in the NBA you have to make adjustments to stop something that is working. If someone feels that a zone is a more effective way for them to get stops than how does it bother you that they are ummm trying to win?

Next i'm gonna hear that double teaming Alot is a cheese too

Bruh in the NBA you have to make adjustments to stop something that is working. If someone feels that a zone is a more effective way for them to get stops than how does it bother you that they are ummm trying to win?

I swear NT skims through 85% of posts.

Did you read the post bruh?

98% of the time I DESTROY zones. I said it's annoying because when I play I like calling plays and running an actual offense. Against the 1-3-1, you just have to freestyle or run zone offense - which bores me. :rolleyes Everyone that plays the 1-3-1 plays it because they can't play man defense. They stay in it even if I'm winning by 40.

I swear NT skims through 85% of posts.

Did you read the post bruh?

98% of the time I DESTROY zones. I said it's annoying because when I play I like calling plays and running an actual offense. Against the 1-3-1, you just have to freestyle or run zone offense - which bores me. :rolleyes Everyone that plays the 1-3-1 plays it because they can't play man defense. They stay in it even if I'm winning by 40.

Think about it though, half the people playing these games don't have high basketball IQ's. They iso with Bron or Rose on one end of the floor and let the game run its defense all game.

Its like the guy who runs play-action plays all game and then throws a hail mary on 4th down in madden. Yeah, its frustrating, but **** it.

1 step closer to jordan on my team once i get him i will build around him, but until then my team is stacked to you guys thinking its gray with those cheese bronze players, once to get to seed 3 its all
legends /allstars everything no chance beating magic and lebron which u will see alot, so join the club and spend that VC or be stuck at 3rd seed

I wish there was some sort of way to custom your my teams gear and shoes, or at least adjust jersey numbers, and unlock every legend in my team so teams are more diverse, but guess there gonna wait till season is over.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom