Official NBA 2k13 Thread

Did you hear me say that 2K needs to take their roster management more serious? I know it is an issue. It is a pride thing on 2K's part. The issues stem from

A. Properly re-rating everyone will leave less than desired overall ratings, which would turn off a lot of people.
B. There are plenty of talented roster makers on OperationSports and 2K won't reach out to any of them.

It doesn't bother me that much until I want to play online and I see someone like Ray Allen getting tip dunks.

Something needs to be done but that is why they give us 2K Share. To download so many wonderful roster projects. I can't complain about THAT. But they need to do more out of the box. But I guess in their eyes, "Why do it when we know OS will do it."

And the whole, "I want to leave everything default and crank up the difficulty" logic is outdated and very macho. First off, 2K would even admit, the higher the difficulty, the more the CPU will CHEAT. Yes CHEAT. They will tell you this. So playing on HOF won't give you a fair game. The CPU will CHEAT.

Put down your pride and download rosters and sliders. That is why they were put into the game. You aren't less of a man/gamer if you use custom anything. No need for that attitude man.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Did you hear me say that 2K needs to take their roster management more serious? I know it is an issue. It is a pride thing on 2K's part. The issues stem from

A. Properly re-rating everyone will leave less than desired overall ratings, which would turn off a lot of people.
B. There are plenty of talented roster makers on OperationSports and 2K won't reach out to any of them.

It doesn't bother me that much until I want to play online and I see someone like Ray Allen getting tip dunks.

Something needs to be done but that is why they give us 2K Share. To download so many wonderful roster projects. I can't complain about THAT. But they need to do more out of the box. But I guess in their eyes, "Why do it when we know OS will do it."

And the whole, "I want to leave everything default and crank up the difficulty" logic is outdated and very macho. First off, 2K would even admit, the higher the difficulty, the more the CPU will CHEAT. Yes CHEAT. They will tell you this. So playing on HOF won't give you a fair game. The CPU will CHEAT.

Put down your pride and download rosters and sliders. That is why they were put into the game. You aren't less of a man/gamer if you use custom anything. No need for that attitude man.
not giving you an attitude with you at all my man. my issue is with the gaming industry and their newfound complacency as a result of implementing sliders. it's like they don't have the slightest clue as to how to go about setting up rosters, player tendencies, potential (which btw is BS, a players rating should always be indicative of performance, upside is cool and all but if say player X gets hurt with a torn ACL, his overall shouldn't go up anyways next season because of his %#$@!++ potential), AI, and CPU difficulty. I agree with you actually on all fronts except 
"I want to leave everything default and crank up the difficulty" logic is outdated and very macho. 

What's the point of even including difficulty then? Just give me difficulty sliders/sliders period and no option to choose difficulty.

Matter of fact, just send me the game engine and stuff, at this point we might as well start making our own games. 
laugh.gif

Just tired of the same rehashed, refurbished BS year in and year out. 

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

See all of that is fine and dandy but is it really too much to ask to have a fun, playable game out of the box?
It's sliders and customization that allows the sports gaming industry to be lazy and complacent. Frankly I don't want to tinker with ANYTHING, I want to crank the difficulty up and have fun playing a challenging yet PLAYABLE game.

But no, obviously that's too much to ask for. We have to download custom rosters or we have to go in an edit everything ourselves. 2K and EA can both go @#*! themselves. I'm really at a point where gaming is losing all its charm and it's a shame because I'm more than willing to shell over 59.99 + tax EVERY SEASON for a good game, I guess they don't want my money. 
Couldn't agree more. I'm already paying 60 bucks for a game then I have to tweak it myself in order to male it enjoyable? Cmon.
I'm done with 2k, and it sucks because I actually do enjoy playing with my boys and etc. but it's not even worth it at this point.

No, I am not saying you are giving me AN attitude. I am speaking about your, "I don't want to change anything but the difficulty" attitude/outlook. When the game is clearly full of issues than can be alleviated by custom rosters/sliders, I think it is borderline foolish (no offense) to have an outlook like that. And then complain! I don't get it. The tools are there for you to use. Use them and be thankful that they are there. You "might" enjoy the game even more. Because now all I see are complaints.

guess we just have to agree to disagree on that front DC, I couldn't disagree with you more bro.

we shouldn't HAVE to retool anything. I don't want to spend an exorbitant amount of time going through every team fixing ratings, tendencies, and potential. I don't want to spend hours playing and retooling difficulty sliders either.

Then every time I play someone I have to adjust to a set of sliders that I'm not accustomed to. It just takes the fun out of the whole experience for ME. Kudos if you don't mind it, you have more patience than I.

My god, are you reading what I am saying?

I agree that we shouldn't HAVE TO do all of that. But guess what, we HAVE TO do all of that to get a realistic playing BASKETBALL GAME. So if you really want a realistic playing BASKETBALL GAME, you will use the tools that are offered to you. There are no if ands or buts about that. If you don't use those things, you will not get a realistic basketball game.

You can complain about the game and that is fine. But if you are given a way to fix it and you refuse to use it, that is on you.

Again, the tools are there, use them.

But it is irresponsible of 2K to put out a game with their rosters and tendencies neglected like they currently are.

You can't knock something until you try it. I really don't see how having custom sliders/rosters will take out the fun factor but ok. You are trying to convince yourself that the game is meant to be played on default everything. If that is how you feel, then fine. But the tools are there. Use them.

I enjoy the game as a basketball game. I don't see why you wouldn't TRY the suggestions I am offering you?

PS: You don't have to change anything everytime you play. You save the rosters, you save the settings/sliders. They are there when you play (offline). Nothing to it.

Now online, that is a cheesefest. Good luck with that madness.

Analogy of what you are doing Sneaks:

I move into an apartment that has f*** up heating. I have a few options

A. Move (Trade the game in)
B. Bundle up with hoodies and sweatpants and buy a space heater (Download custom rosters/sliders)
C. Simply complain about the heat and sit in the out in clothing that isn't conducive to keeping the body warm (Playing everything on default and complaining about things)

You are chosing to do C instead of B. Yes, you shouldn't have to do all of that because the heat should work in your building. But guess what? It doesn't. Humans adapt and adjust.

Hope that makes more sense.

My god, are you reading what I am saying?

I agree that we shouldn't HAVE TO do all of that. But guess what, we HAVE TO do all of that to get a realistic playing BASKETBALL GAME. So if you really want a realistic playing BASKETBALL GAME, you will use the tools that are offered to you. There are no if ands or buts about that. If you don't use those things, you will not get a realistic basketball game.

You can complain about the game and that is fine. But if you are given a way to fix it and you refuse to use it, that is on you.

Again, the tools are there, use them.

But it is irresponsible of 2K to put out a game with their rosters and tendencies neglected like they currently are.

You can't knock something until you try it. I really don't see how having custom sliders/rosters will take out the fun factor but ok. You are trying to convince yourself that the game is meant to be played on default everything. If that is how you feel, then fine. But the tools are there. Use them.

I enjoy the game as a basketball game. I don't see why you wouldn't TRY the suggestions I am offering you?

PS: You don't have to change anything everytime you play. You save the rosters, you save the settings/sliders. They are there when you play (offline). Nothing to it.

Now online, that is a cheesefest. Good luck with that madness.
I actually do tinker with the rosters already using the edit tool. I've spend countless hours editing players, changing guys to their correct role/position (this REALLY pisses me off, I have to go in and set the correct roles for every team or else opposing franchise teams will be all messed up because of guys being disgruntled with their roles. Take Ginobli or Harden for example, you CAN'T let them come off the bench as the 6th man because they'll be pissed off with that role so you HAVE TO set them as starters. %@!!?!). Tinkering with potential and what not. 

I really don't want to anymore though, 
laugh.gif
. It's really time consuming and playing an 82 game franchise + playoffs is time consuming enough at it is (especially since I play 7 minute quarters).
I'll give the slider thing a try again, didn't enjoy tinkering with it the first time. But I'll give it a go just for you DC. 
grin.gif

You don't have to do anything. Just download my Rosters/Sliders. Yea roster editing is tiring.

Under my name on 2K Share for 360. :smoke8

I just want people to enjoy the game man. I'm not getting paid any commission to talk about this stuff.
"DCAllAmerican" - GamerTag

And I suggest turning off Player Roles in Association Mode.

But we will be releasing an Association File that has all 30 teams controlled so there won't be any foolishness done.

Just read this. All info you need is here.  - http://www.operationsport.../showthread.php?t=520717

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

They put Durant, rose and Griffin on the cover
laugh.gif
Its terrible.
2K62612.jpg
 I really didnt mess with 2k 12s rosters or anything like that, I mostly played online cause I dont live close enough to my friends where we can meet up in person so it was the best I could do. Prob going to be more involved with 13 though, if they build upon what 11 was.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Three of a Kind: NBA 2K13 Sees a Winning Hand in Durant, Rose and Griffin[/h1]
After a three-year arms race, mostly against themselves, NBA 2K's cover kingmakers seem to have de-escalated the situation while still communicating the greatest-ever reputation the game has worked so hard to earn.

NBA 2K13, as was rumored, will feature Blake Griffin of the Los Angeles Clippers, Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls and Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant, all three 23 years old, all three part of the league's next generation of superstars.

The three will share the same cover. There will not be three different covers, as there was for NBA 2K12. The new cover also features a revised NBA 2K logo.

"This year, it's clear that, with the lockout over, and a fresh breath of air pushed into the sport we're doing what I call the Masters Green Jacket transition, from the legends of the game to the new legends of the game," said Jason Argent, the 2K Sports vice president of marketing.

All three players were rookies of the year, Durant in 2008, Rose in 2009, and Griffin in 2011. Rose also was the 2011 MVP and is a three-time all-star, though he tore knee ligaments in the first round of the playoffs this season, and the top-seeded Bulls fell to Philadelphia.

NBA 2K12 went with a trio of legends. NBA 2K13 tapped three 23-year-old rookies-of-the-year to sell future greatness. (Click for full size)

Durant's Thunder just lost in their first trip to the NBA Finals though Durant and his young team are seen to be at least conference champion contenders for some time to come. Durant has won the league's scoring title, made the all-star game, and the All-NBA first team the past three consecutive years. Durant also, snarkily enough, was to have been the cover star for the aborted NBA Elite 11; EA Sports' NBA simulation gets back on shelves this year.

Griffin became the first rookie in eight years to make an all-star team when he was voted to the 2011 squad. In two seasons with the Clippers, he's been performing jaw-dropping dunks, well before Chris Paul arrived in a trade this year and turned L.A.'s second franchise into "Lob City."

On their own, any of these three would have a tough time following the previous three acts. Together, they make a strong showing.

NBA 2K10 got Kobe Bryant, the active player most often called the greatest of his generation. NBA 2K11 landed Michael Jordan, the greatest player of all time. NBA 2K12 went and got three of them—Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.

Trying to outdo that would have been extremely expensive. LeBron James is the only player who would come to mind, and after paying the massive freight on him in a championship season, 2K would still have to revisit this dilemma next year.

That's not to say 2K Sports is pushing out Jordan. A teaser image meant to give clues as to the cover subjects included the Brooklyn Bridge, which Argent admitted was tied to Jordan (he was born there.)

Pressed for specifics, he remained mum. "Michael Jordan is a part of our game and our marketing plan, in a similar capacity to the way he has been in the past," Argent said.

And again, this is only the cover reveal; 2K Sports has said nothing about the game's features, beyond the acquisition of NBA All-Star Weekend festivities, which will be made available as a general preorder bonus to all customers.

"We have one of the biggest announcements ever," Argent vowed, "if not the biggest ever in the history of the 2K Sports franchise ever coming in a couple of weeks. I think you'll be surprised. Pleasantly."

nerd.gif

Link.

So let get this straight they stop putting MVP's that won the title
And start putting cats that got knock off the playoffs... Lebron will never be on the
Cover now

And start putting cats that got knock off the playoffs... Lebron will never be on the
Cover now

Originally Posted by staystrong

Cover now

This cover was done before the Finals concluded.  I'm sure, we at least hoping, that they would put LBJ on the cover next year.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by staystrong

Cover now

This cover was done before the Finals concluded.  I'm sure, we at least hoping, that they would put LBJ on the cover next year.
Nope, highly doubt that. Lebron would have been on the cover awhile ago, his price is too steep though.

Back
Top Bottom