OFFICIAL NBA 2K19 Thread | Available Now

Here we go again with you for another year
IMG_20180605_235137.jpg
Yea because EYE am the one speaking of Live in a 2K thread.

Right

lol watch out DC now you're being a jerk and deserve for 10 nerds to like each other's responses to you for the next 5 pages.

I enjoyed last years. Didn't "feel" as real as 2k but the less grinding and loot boxes is much appreciated IMO.
2K has EA beat in the presentation department, but I would have to say I felt more realism in EA. I'm saying that from a MyTeam/LUT perspective though.

Lives shot meter felt better to use than 2Ks.. (really hope they're not going back to the one from last year)
Live doesn't make it to where you have to spend a crazy amount of money just to get a good squad.
Playing on ball defense for Live was a lot better than 2K.
I did feel like the action in the paint needs to be worked on by both companies.

The only thing 2K has them beat in is graphics, animations and presentation.

I enjoyed last years. Didn't "feel" as real as 2k but the less grinding and loot boxes is much appreciated IMO.

2K was a better basketball game than live but live was a more fun game if that makes sense

playing the street games with a couple homies was a lot of fun

and they weren't out to try and get every nickel possible out of you, your guy actually got better by playing games what a novel concept

2K was a better basketball game than live but live was a more fun game if that makes sense

Definitely makes sense. Haven't touched a Live game in years it's been always 2k. Last year 2K was such a grind fest took the fun out IMO. Decided to try live, I think I got it for like $8 and I was surprised. I hope this years 2K learned from last years mistakes.

Definitely makes sense. Haven't touched a Live game in years it's been always 2k. Last year 2K was such a grind fest took the fun out IMO. Decided to try live, I think I got it for like $8 and I was surprised. I hope this years 2K learned from last years mistakes.

same exact situation fam

cashbanks already in here liking any comment boss makes directed at me.

mogs be still hurt from LAST september.

#DrakeFans

real question, yall gonna be good at 2k THIS YEAR or still trash?

you waiting till black friday?

what, you trynna catch frugal losses?

LMAO

you fed up with taking full-price L's?

live has been trash since 1998.

that's why yall trash at 2k.

yall still stuck on NBA live with hopes and dreams of a basketball game you were good at (when you were 8 years old)

hang it up.

go play fortnite.

or better yet, for a second time now, go talk in the NBA live thread about NBA live.

2K19 wins over Live 19..............Live 19 gameplay footage has been released from the E3 convention today, it's absolute trash.

Using the same "dollhouse stiff" graphics animations as the last 2-3 iterations of NBA Live, conversation is done............2K19 is the must-buy NBA sim game once again

if my homie wants to gameshare ill cop but if not this will be a BF purchase aswell for me

cashbanks already in here liking any comment boss makes directed at me.

mogs be still hurt from LAST september.

#DrakeFans

real question, yall gonna be good at 2k THIS YEAR or still trash?

you waiting till black friday?

what, you trynna catch frugal losses?

LMAO

you fed up with taking full-price L's?

don't like drake.

don't like you.

You and DC can jerk eachother all day don't change ****, everyone is still going to laugh at how hard he ********s 2K and just laugh at you in general.

@enphan

What would you suggest 2K does since so many people view their game as "complicated."

Would you dumb it down? I personally enjoy having basketball knowledge giving the user an advantage but I know some folks want to pick up and play

yall sounding like some salty fanboys right now lol.
where's the footage of NBA 2k19?! I must have missed it.

lmaooooo see my first post in this thread.

2k wilding.

don't like drake.

don't like you.

You and DC can jerk eachother all day don't change ****, everyone is still going to laugh at how hard he ********s 2K and just laugh at you in general.

yeeeeah, you're done here.

@enphan

What would you suggest 2K does since so many people view their game as "complicated."

Would you dumb it down? I personally enjoy having basketball knowledge giving the user an advantage but I know some folks want to pick up and play

lmao i think the game should be even harder....

then maybe more of these delusional trashbags will stop buying it.

first of all you have to look at pro am games like college games with NBA talent, not NBA games...

(shorter qrts, focused on extreme efficiency, various zones and presses, etc.)

i think it should be MUCH easier to lose the ball. I think dribble moves, like jumpshooting, should be skill-based and focused on timing/combos....

for example, if you're doing all that speed boost momentum dribbling now, you can literally mash the dribble moves and not lose the ball....

(don't get me wrong, top PGs are not mashing, they have full control....)

I think, if you hit back back twice on accident while trying to do all the momentum dribbles the ball should legit bounce off your foot/leg.....

i think limitless range should be nerfed. i have no idea why they created a badge that makes you shoot BETTER from FARTHER? lol it's ridiculous. people base their offense around sticking two shooters 5 feet behind the hash....LOL

I think passing should be harder.

i dont know how, exactly, they would accomplish making passing skill based (beyond basketball IQ) they HAVE made a couple tweaks i.e. alley oop success rate, # of "wild" passes, flashy pass success rate, etc.

however, i think it's, at times, too easy to pass....especially when you have all these dudes spamming momentum dribbles and passing across court, backwards like they're lebron....(i think this should depend on your strength attribute.....weak players should get slow animations with slow velocity on pass, and vice versa)

I think MORE balls should go out of bounds. the problem is, though, 2k has a bit of an issue with "contact" or detecting space, rather. Let me explain, when you are on defense, when you're playing the paint you have to physically "bump" someone from the other team or you'll get 3 seconds...in real life, you can be "an arm's length away" but in 2k the coding of the refs can't detect this....

same with passing...this is why it seems, at times, "easy" or close passes seem to nonsensically fly out of bounds, with the receiver unrealistically flailing his arms...

it's because 2k can't get that space detection exaaaaactly right....its off a lil..

as a defender, there are times i simply reach for long passes and they sail....it's because, had the pass been "on point" it would have been caught or contacted by the defender...it's even more pronounced with my PURE defender....

every time 2k patched this game they made it easier on the offense. it's to the point where i play with a shot-creating stretch 4 and average the same steals/blocks....in fact he fouls LESS lmaoooo

i'm not saying he's a better defender, he can't stop slashers frfr that's why i run him at the 3, and hope the height difference goes in my favor

you can stand still for 3-4 seconds and get hit by a ballhandler and STILL get called for blocking lol

it's not so much animations but "bad calls" forreal.

the "bad animations" aren't THAT bad, they're just a lil too effective....

there is a back-to-basket animation where the big man literally throws up a prayer barely turning around....

it goes in 80% of the time LMAO

if it went in like 30% of the time, people would avoid it....

since it goes in 80%....they SPAM it...

standing under the basket with an athletic finisher? sure, only like 4 players ever could get contact dunks through centers like that, but hey, EVERYONE can do it....often....at 80% a pop...on pure rim protector...lol

those are brief (LOL @ calling my typing brief) examples of simple things i think 2k could have done this year to make the game MORE based in skill rather than casual enjoyment

that's what park is for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom