OFFICIAL NBA 2K19 Thread | Available Now

2K DGAF mode about dropping 2K19 info similar to what they did last year for 2K18.

All we really know is that Lebby and Greek Freak are on the Special and Standard editions respectively.

Meanwhile EA has given some details about Live 19 including a trailer as well the release date for the demo.

They're making it increasingly difficult to support them. There's no reason to not give the consumer information on your product. Smh

This is the typical 2k press cycle. They always slow to release info.

Maybe so. I could have sworn we had info by now though. We're about a month and a half out with nothing. A couple iterations ago we had info like 2-3 months out. I purchase it every year but this coupled with a few other issues (servers, having to wait for a patch, focus on myplayer accessories instead of fixing issues with actual gameplay, etc) is killing me.

Doesn't bother me, just would be great if there was a bug-free release at launch.

It's still the same game like Madden.

Scoring in post will still be easy.

Mashing steal will be steals if it's a great defender.

I like the missed layups.

Dunks not bad you just gotta step up.

I hate the animation though.

ISO and dunk on CPU will still happen if they got Gianni's, BRon or Simon.

Pump faking in the paint to score same ****.

Long range 3s

Zig zag until your open will still happen

K, Ronnie...
IMG_0684.GIF

I just want 2k to give me simple options to play at like Rucker Park, The Cage, etc. like they had in the early versions of the games. Live 19 has a playable basketball court found in the Philippines while 2k has a variant Rucker Park on Blacktop :stoneface: . It's probably licensing issues but I'm sure there are A LOT OF WELL KNOWN basketball courts all over the world that deserve some shine.

I hope they have all body types to be accurate. I remember them saying last year that 2k18 was the best looking game to date and they had those body scanning methods that didn't work in all of the players.
IMG_1372.GIF

I'm not into MyPlayer that much (didn't finish my first season actually) with 2k18 because they abused VCs. I don't have a problem with transactions but to have it as the pinnacle of the game for your player to be the best out there... that's lame. I don't want to spend REAL money for VCs to get MyPlayer the freshest cut and kicks.

yes and no

yes, because in real life, there are no ratings....

no, because there is no possible way to account for all the variables, physical limitations, PHYSICS etc.

i say no, overalls substitute for 24/7 access to scouting a player's abilities. in reality, its just a collection of pixels. you have to have overalls to accurately gauge players and utilize any type of strategy whatsoever.....

Just keep the attributes on the game code side and don’t display them in the front end for users to see.

Categorize players by position, season stats, tenure, Star power, etc.

Just keep the attributes on the game code side and don’t display them in the front end for users to see.

Categorize players by position, season stats, tenure, Star power, etc.
So a user should NEVER be able view individual attributes?

What would be the purpose of that?

They have been doing it for 15+ years.

Sales say otherwise.

I'm clearly talking about me personally. Can people voice concerns without you attacking it? I can think they're doing fine but also have issues with some of the stuff they do. Blind loyalty enables complaints to never be addressed

Blind loyalty doesn't exist in this thread.

2k gets complained by ALL parties.

Even those some of you claim are fanboys

he shouldnt be a 99 or a 98. dudes defense has gotten worse compared to last year, his free throw is consistently bad, and iirc his turnovers got worse. i know lebron is an all time great... but there are deficiencies in his game still. a 98 is generous considering what theyve given other players in their primes in previous years. i think his 3 has improved this year. his usage rate is WAY up. but dude isnt the best in any statistical category. this is a very generous score.

why do they give high ratings to guys who missed the season or played very little? same with madden kawhi a real life 88 not having played and being "injured"

Waiting for that head *** "Ratings don't matter guys. Ball movement does" comment from you know who.

How do you know you're BUYING 2k19 before it's even out? Wait till it's released and rent it/watch gameplay videos BEFORE you make a DECISION

Dog, I don't watch those videos. Those aren't for me.

I know and trust the development team. Until they put out a game that EYE don't like, I have no reason to stray away.

I have liked every 2K.

Remember, I don't play MyPlayer Mode. I don't play ONline. I don't play The Parks.

I play Single Player Franchise Mode. I edit my own rosters. So the experience I get is vastly different than 90% of folks that play 2K.

I saw Tatum get an 87. Based on that alone I think Mitchell should be slightly higher.
Two different positions.

Look at ratings are a TIERED thing, not a point for point thing.

When the SG ratings come out, look at who is within +/- 2 points of Donovan Mitchell and then discuss. That is a more accurate depiction of value than, "He is an 87, he should be an 89."

why do they give high ratings to guys who missed the season or played very little? same with madden kawhi a real life 88 not having played and being "injured"
Ratings also tie into contracts/trade value during Franchise Mode. So for that alone, Kawhi is important to the entire league. To rate him lower would create bogus scenarios in Franchise Mode

It's still the same game like Madden.

Scoring in post will still be easy.

Mashing steal will be steals if it's a great defender.

I like the missed layups.

Dunks not bad you just gotta step up.

I hate the animation though.

ISO and dunk on CPU will still happen if they got Gianni's, BRon or Simon.

Pump faking in the paint to score same ****.

Long range 3s

Zig zag until your open will still happen

Woah no Madden slander, they actually put out a decent football game

Back
Top Bottom