OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

does lag happen in other games - Of course Yes, but gets fixed quick unlike 2k every year

but yes lag is apart of the online gaming community for games its always gonna happen but not to the extent of 2ks servers IMO

I don't even own a console anymore so i mainly play head to heads at friends crib. Gameplay felt much slower than last years, the switch up on layups is annoying (makes it to easy to mistakenly hopstep instead of going straight up) & trying to make shots on HOF is frustrating as hell.

company is a joke honestly.. lets be real here

if you capping for 2k i just dont know

for the PS4 homies a 8GB update just rolled out

Update 1.02 not sure what it fixes though yet

This low-key one of the worst versions 2k dropped. This game garbage. How dare they drop this before its ready yr after yr

That second game of Summer League where I finally play after being benched the whole first game is ridiculous. I sim myself in and my team is down by like, 10. I'm scoring damn near every posession and cut the lead down to 2-4. I get sat out and when I go back in, THE LEAD GOES BACK UP BY 10+! Am I not supposed to win that game?!

Even Chris Smoove is going in on 2k :lol: Maybe they'll have it fixed when I cop on black Friday :lol:

All they had to do was invest in some better servers., and hire more people.......that's literally it.

Will be playing the game for the first time soon as I get off work.. Still trying to decide if I want to make a Lebron style point guard or a center since it's hard to find centers at the park.

So for those that don’t play online is it safe to say the game is fine? :lol:
yes and no, depending on what mode you like to play on. If you like the quick start option, you're fine. If you like franchise or my league options not really. At least I'm not too happy about it

I guess I’m not the only one with this problem. But I don’t have my name on the back of my jersey, menu, stat sheets, etc...

I tried the 2k19 method of making a new career with the same name but that trick did not work for 2k20.

When I was putting my name on for my career, it said my last name was not allowed since it contained foul language. I can guarantee you it is not, it is not even in the drop down menu where the announcers can say your last time.

Hopefully, a new patch can come soon enough and fix this problem.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
I guess I’m not the only one with this problem. But I don’t have my name on the back of my jersey, menu, stat sheets, etc...

I tried the 2k19 method of making a new career with the same name but that trick did not work for 2k20.

When I was putting my name on for my career, it said my last name was not allowed since it contained full language. I can guarantee you it is not, it is not even in the drop down menu where the announcers can say your last time.

nope not the only one.. my last name was inappropriate as well lol same Pizzo i used for the past 5 years lolol

just a broken game atm fam

When I was putting my name on for my career, it said my last name was not allowed since it contained full language. I can guarantee you it is not, it is not even in the drop down menu where the announcers can say your last time.

this happened to me and I just reentered the name and it went through the second time. They tried to block "Slice" for foul language :lol:

yes and no, depending on what mode you like to play on. If you like the quick start option, you're fine. If you like franchise or my league options not really. At least I'm not too happy about it

Problems with MYGM / my league?

I play that 90% of the time, looking to buy the game this week

nope not the only one.. my last name was inappropriate as well lol same Pizzo i used for the past 5 years lolol

just a broken game atm fam

Yeah. I figured it was just a launch problem. Hopefully, some patches soon to work out the kinks and glitches.

Like last year, I had to wait a couple of weeks for the face scan to work. When the servers had settled in.

First year i haven’t picked up 2k on release date, and i see i haven’t missed anything :lol:

How on earth does 2k still have the same servers from back in 04 when the game cost $20? As much VC, Legend editions sold, the servers are still trash? :rofl:

Wasn’t going to grab the game this early, but i randomly saw it in Walmart for $10 below retail.
D2B6798A-60E2-40FD-8522-BA4371A2A174.jpeg

That jersey isn't even available on quick play :lol:

Back
Top Bottom