OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

It ain't even a mode problem, the game itself is terrible and has been since like 2k15.

Comp either makes 56% of threes on higher difficulty or 20% on lower diff.

Passing is completely stale. Nobody does flashy passes (AI or User) and if you do you're immediately punished with a turnover.

Layups and Dunks make absolutely no sense. They removed every single realistic and enjoyable layup contests and you get some stupid layup shot where the defender is behind you and you hop step to throw it in. Layup gathers all have your player travelling because there's some stupid glitch where they hop AGAIN after the gather.

You can't even Dunk in this game anymore, because players need to be in their "Dunk Radius". WTF is that? It's a video game! no more Windmills in game, no more FT line dunks or cool posterizers, you'd be lucky if you play with Giannis and get one.

I don't know exactly what it is, but the AI's system of picking up on how you play to make the game more challenging is beyond flawed. There's no point of player ratings. John Wall will sink 2 3s out of nowhere after a timeout if the Wizards are down by 20.

I broke two controllers from the absolutely lazy form of gameplay and lack of innovation from this franchise for the last two years. People are going to say why buy it but I love Basketball and this is the only game on the market, and one of the few ways to get my sports fix in with COVID stopping sports.

I hope these things get fixed in the Next Gen version but I'm sure the first release will strip every single gameplay option just so you can get a shiny court. They should just stop releasing this every year and put out an expansion pack at the beginning of each season for 2 years before a new title comes out so they can focus on getting the most out of each title. But I'm sure that won't happen.

Last edited:
MyLeague on HOF. And it happens on every mode. I've tried tweaking the sliders. 90% of the problems are animation based.
Yea I feel you on that. I have honestly suspended disbelief when it comes to that stuff, I just chalk it up to hardware limitations.

It doesn't get in MY way to the point of frustration but I know it does for a LOT of people. Understandably so.

thegrandpuba26 thegrandpuba26

I feel you man. Sad you have to experience that. What system are you on?

If my main form of playing the game was vs. people online, I doubt I would enjoy my experience. :lol:

I don't REALLY like playing the CPU but playing against another human online, especially randoms, is something I have stayed away from for about 3 years now. Not for me. TOo unrealistic

Love smacking randos
20200521_225530.jpg

Hype/DC: NBA 2K20 Highlights: 1997 Miami Heat @ 1997 New York Knicks
via @YouTube

Hype/DC: NBA 2K20: 1997: Highlights: Patrick Ewing vs. 1997 Alonzo Mourning
via @YouTube

i play mycareer most the time and this game is trash. what the **** did they do all this time? if your blowing a team out, the cpu will cheese you to death to catch up. one time the cpu lost the ball and as it was going out of bounds, it bounced off an invisible wall and back into the hands of the cpu. i was like wtf. Then the cpu will move like the flash to guard you if catch up with you in transition.

and dont get me started on post play. how many times is my all star power forward gonna miss point blank gimmes because seth curry was near him? The bigs will go up a hundred times in a row and get blocked a hundred times in a row. underneath the ****ing basket!

the rotations... my god

Hype/DC: NBA 2K20: Highlights: 1995: Shaq/Penny - YouTube

Hype/DC: NBA 2K20: Highlights: 2001: Abdur-Rahim/BIbby - YouTube

^^looks pretty good.

im hoping they update gameplay in the new one, had 2 of those games today that felt like I was supposed to lose no matter what, might be recency bias but i felt like it’s happened more this year than years past.

can someone please explain to me why the entire ****ing trailblazers starting 5 is still playing in the 4th quarter while they put the bottom of my bench in and the score is this?
FC0BB1E2-14ED-4835-AAD9-1DB44817FB80.jpeg

why is this game like this? 🤦🏻‍♂️

i pretty much only play online play now with historical teams
the game has improved since last year but is still pretty bad in a lot of ways
some bull**** tactics still in play but nothing as bad as the 3 pt shooting in 2K19

my biggest gripe might be the dumb *** tiers they have some of the teams in

i'd use the '00 Raptors or '01 Sixers all the time if they were tier 2 teams but they're outmatched vs the majority of the tier 1

Last edited:
Stolen: I Saw this ON OperationSports

Put together a stadium/floor combination in order to try and capture what games might look like in the Orlando Bubble.

I used the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex logo at center court and on the banners (Thats where they will be playing).

SFX and player chatter = 100
Crowd and PA announcer = 0

Note: The screens of the Orlando courts that were shared today by the media were practice courts

Myteam...this game is maddening. Idk why I return everyday .
My team is a 93 overall, with 0 Galaxy Opals, and I got three consecutive games against all GO squads.
GO are OP but as long as you can keep up with 95 diamond or 96-98 pink diamonds everybody is food

Back
Top Bottom