Official NBA Finals 08 Game 3 Thread: Celtics at Lakers 6/10, on ABC HD

Celtics lets keep on rolling, bring the broom out.. I feel a clean sweep this time around.

We always lock threads made before the day of the game, and the day of the game is tomorrow.

I was going to lock this originally and ask that you (or someone else) make another thread with a descriptive title, but since you changed the title, andit's now clear... then I'll just lock this for now, and re-open it sometime around midnight EST tonight (maybe a little sooner, maybe a little later,but I will re-open it).

*locked*

If Boston wins any of the next 3 games, the series is done.

And I already know that dudes are going to complain just like we did last game when the Lakers get all the calls this time.
Rightfully so.
It's completely stupid that the home team should have such an advantage in calls.

This team NEEDS LO to step it up.
He's been playing like doo-doo in this series.

Lakers by 25 because the NBA is rigged

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The Lakers should bounce back nicely. I think being at home will definitely energize them.

No controversy PLEASE....Game 1 it was Pierce and Game 2 it was the refs. I just want a high-quality basketball game that goes down to the wire, thatdoesn't have any side-stories that ruin the game itself.

--The only reason why it isnt over yet is because its a 7 game series, not a 3 game series.
--I'm a Laker fan, but I'm also a realist (not to be confused with pessimism)...Boston will win the Championship on our floor in Game 4 or 5.
--Nonetheless...I hope I'm dead wrong. Go Lakers.

Originally Posted by acidicality

The Lakers should bounce back nicely. I think being at home will definitely energize them.

No controversy PLEASE....Game 1 it was Pierce and Game 2 it was the refs. I just want a high-quality basketball game that goes down to the wire, that doesn't have any side-stories that ruin the game itself.

Definitely agree. I think the Lakers will probably take this one -- and it might not even be close. But above all, after the game I hope there's moretalk of basketball, then of the other things.

Must-win game for the Lakers so I fully expect them to come out firing on all cylinders. Still, I expect the C's to hang around and try to steal a win.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Lakers by 25 because the NBA is rigged

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

not by that much but i wouldnt be surprised if they did win by double digits. if the lakers go down 3-0 its gonna be bad for ratings for the next game....

Stern aint no dummy now...

No controversy PLEASE....Game 1 it was Pierce and Game 2 it was the refs. I just want a high-quality basketball game that goes down to the wire, that doesn't have any side-stories that ruin the game itself.
That is asking for too much from the nba...

i dont see phil jackson losing another championship, he has won to many to lose this game, he will do all he can to ensure the Lakers win.

After last year's debacle, Stern needs this series to go 7 games.

Lakers will win games 3 and 4, lose game 5, and just as we think they're dead, win game 6 and force the deciding game 7.

I really hope the Lakers take all of these home games.

Hopefully the game is officiated in a fair way and there will be no complaining from anybody.

And I've seen some of the WORST photoshopped pictures in these game threads.
smh.gif

2j9ov4.png

yeah. I agree with illmatic... my friend and I were having that exact conversation, only that the Lakers will win all of their home games instead
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

That is asking for too much from the nba...
laugh.gif

lakers need to win these home games, if they lose tomorrow or if they win tomorrow and lose game 4 i think its possibly over
grin.gif

Stern has it all mapped out. Big three Garnett, Ray, Paul turn the worst team last year around and get their long awaited first championship in dramaticfashion game 7. Kobe mulls over loss leads the Olympic team to gold and with a reloaded Lakers+Bynum exact their revenge on the Celtics next year in 09. NBA $$$
devil.gif
$$$

Side note: Joey Crawford retires in '09 and quickly gets started on his memoirs and total dismantling of the NBA and its links to organized crime and VinceMacMahon

Joey $$$$$
devil.gif
$$$$$

So can we agree if this series doesn't go to 7 or that the Lakers win that there is no conspiracy?
This stuff is annoying, I just want to watch good basketball, and I don't want to watch college b-ball for that.

lakers will drop this one, but will take the next four.

Luke Walton will go coast to coast in this game though, and manage to lay the ball up right into the corner of the rim and backboard, where it will get pinnedand stuck.

The Lakers will win this one in a blowout and get most the calls to make up for the last game.

Originally Posted by kicks4days

Stern has it all mapped out. Big three Garnett, Ray, Paul turn the worst team last year around and get their long awaited first championship in dramatic fashion game 7. Kobe mulls over loss leads the Olympic team to gold and with a reloaded Lakers+Bynum exact their revenge on the Celtics next year in 09. NBA $$$
devil.gif
$$$

Side note: Joey Crawford retires in '09 and quickly gets started on his memoirs and total dismantling of the NBA and its links to organized crime and Vince MacMahon

Joey $$$$$
devil.gif
$$$$$

roll.gif
roll.gif
wouldn't that be something

Back
Top Bottom