Official NBA Live 14 Thread - Official Cover Released , Brief In-Game Footage. Xbox One & PS4

Are you looking Forward to NBA Live 14 ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Looks like they're fixing all those floating, warping, and blending bugs I submitted for Live 13 :lol:

I think I'll get this for PS4 and just get 2K13 for PS3 seeing as how most of my boys will still be on PS3 this year. Well, that depends on if 2K brings back my crew.

[h1] [/h1]
Kyrie Irving is Cover Athlete For NBA Live 14, Cover Art and In-Game Footage Trailer

11:05 AM - July 25, 2013 by Steve_OS

Kyrie Irving revealed on his Twitter feed that he is the cover athlete for NBA Live 14. Not really a surprise announcement, since he has been featured in everything that has been shown, including the EA Games E3 presentation and the BounceTEK demo during the show. We have posted the official press release below.

What are your thoughts on the brief in-game footage?

EA SPORTS Unveils Official NBA LIVE 14 Cover Featuring Kyrie Irving

Cleveland Cavaliers All-Star Point Guard Ushers in Next Generation for Franchise

Today Electronic Arts Inc. announced that Kyrie Irving will be the official cover athlete of NBA LIVE 14 when the game launches this fall on the Xbox One[emoji]174[/emoji] console, and the PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]4 computer entertainment system. The first overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, Irving was named the 2011-12 NBA Rookie of the Year and was a unanimous choice to the 2012 NBA All-Rookie First Team. He was also named an NBA All-Star in 2013 and is the reigning Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout champion.

“I’m so proud to be the face of this franchise as it makes its much-anticipated return,” Irving said. “I’ve been on the court with the development team and I’ve seen first-hand some of the amazing things EA SPORTS is doing with NBA LIVE 14. The fans are going to love it.”

“We couldn’t imagine a better cover athlete for our game than the dynamic, explosive Kyrie Irving,” added Daryl Holt, VP and GM of Basketball for EA SPORTS. “Kyrie is one of the best ball handlers in the league, and with our next-generation technology we can arm players with the ability to replicate his impressive on-court feats, as well as the amazing signature styles and abilities of other pros in NBA LIVE 14.”

NBA LIVE 14 gives fans the chance to control the court with revolutionary new bounceTek ball physics, providing a level of control and precision never before seen in a basketball video game. Additionally, with the power of EA SPORTS IGNITE, NBA LIVE 14 will deliver True Player Motion, Human Intelligence and Living Worlds to the hardwood. More details on NBA LIVE 14, including information on game modes, features and more, will be coming soon.

Dem Graphics doe
sick.gif
smokin.gif

I mean, honestly...who is going to buy this game? 2K Sports puts out such a great product every year that is a hit w/ die-hard and casual b-ball gaming fans. NBA Live ship has sailed.

I mean, honestly...who is going to buy this game? 2K Sports puts out such a great product every year that is a hit w/ die-hard and casual b-ball gaming fans. NBA Live ship has sailed.

You couldn't be more wrong people actually do want to play another decent basketball sim . The last great game 2K put out was 2K11 and has regressed ever since then . In the eyes of casuals 2K does no wrong but hardcore gamers have been frustrated with where the franchise has been headed since 2K12 . The game has been filled with unblockable dunks , hop step cheese , unbreakable animations , unrealistic ball physics , poor passing , etc . The guys over at 2K are GREAT but let's not act like they haven't had Madden dev syndrome during the past couple iterations . I fully expect them to put out a killer title on the next gen systems and I also expect EA to do the same considering they've had all this time to work on the next gen consoles and next gen consoles only . If EA can develop their game to please the "sim baller" crowd and put it in a pretty package they will be fine and so far that's what it seems like their doing . 2K is a MACHINE right now and will continue to be and EA sports knows that , it won't be a "competition" between these two until 2K15/Live 15 the earliest this is a totally new engine and a new console generation for EA.

You couldn't be more wrong people actually do want to play another decent basketball sim . The last great game 2K put out was 2K11 and has regressed ever since then . In the eyes of casuals 2K does no wrong but hardcore gamers have been frustrated with where the franchise has been headed since 2K12 . The game has been filled with unblockable dunks , hop step cheese , unbreakable animations , unrealistic ball physics , poor passing , etc . The guys over at 2K are GREAT but let's not act like they haven't had Madden dev syndrome during the past couple iterations . I fully expect them to put out a killer title on the next gen systems and I also expect EA to do the same considering they've had all this time to work on the next gen consoles and next gen consoles only . If EA can develop their game to please the "sim baller" crowd and put it in a pretty package they will be fine and so far that's what it seems like their doing . 2K is a MACHINE right now and will continue to be and EA sports knows that , it won't be a "competition" between these two until 2K15/Live 15 the earliest this is a totally new engine and a new console generation for EA.
I totally agree with you on the whole casual vs. hardcore gamer thing. The MOST frustrating thing about 2K13 for me was the online settings. Dudes dunk and hit 3-pointers like it's NBA Street. The only way you can beat them is by joining them and using the cheap exploits yourself. Winning is fun for me. But winning isn't fun when you a play a game cheaply and completely separate from how you would in real life. I know that a true simulation game might deter the casual gamer so they try to nerf it a little bit to please everyone. But make a separate arcade mode or something instead of taking away from the main game mode. The main game mode should be simulation and should feel like a real NBA game as much possible.

Last edited:
shoot out was ps1 only tho. and i still think live came out first----what yall know about nba fastbreak tho?!?
nba shootout was made by the folks who makes 2k along with 989 sports (visual arts and 2k left 989 to create their own bball game series ie 2k) has nothing to do with ea....before the live name they use to just name the game based on the previous finals teams along with the bball year ie....bulls vs lakers 1992 championship so on and so forth.

Lord Jesus be good please..

And to say 2k put out heat every year is crazy especially what most are saying the last two years have been a disappointment.. Madden dev syndrome :lol:

For 2k to actually want to make a good game please be good live 14

They could literally just make a 2k11 copy and find a way to prevent 10ft tall MyPlayers in crew games and I would throw my money at them.

They could literally just make a 2k11 copy and find a way to prevent 10ft tall MyPlayers in crew games and I would throw my money at them.

this 2k11 was by far the best basketball game i have ever played since jordan vs. bird

Why show such small footage though? From the clip the movement looks smooth, but the graphics IMO still look cartoonish.

Last edited:
Why show such small footage though? From the clip the movement looks smooth, but the graphics IMO still look cartoonish.
It looked pre-rendered to me. Like it wasn't actual gameplay. Idc how cartoonish it looks though as long as it's more realistic than 2K. Kobe shouldn't be dropping 92 points on anyone and I shouldn't be a 6'8'' SF getting dunked on by isaiah thomas from the kings. And please nerf Lebron.

Back
Top Bottom