Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you think he's worth picking up for the minimum? :nerd:
Grizz need a cheap athletic shot blocking presence. He'll be our 5th big if this Cunningham/Ellington trade goes through. Maybe he could develop somewhat under guys like Marc, DA and ZBO.

but you got speights and haddai already right? He would be locked into the DLeague with that rotation of bigs the grizz have.

Yeah you still got Fish and Franciso on the books but who else is making a dent on that cap?
Fish (salmons?)??? Between Garcia, Salmons, Thornton, and Hayes they make up about about half our salary with at around $27 mil. Then add in JT, DMC, and Tyreke (those two are still on their rookie deals) that's another 18 mil, bringing it up to around 45 mil for those 7 players. Leaving around 12-13 mil left for the other 7 mil.

So, you think he's worth picking up for the minimum? :nerd:
Grizz need a cheap athletic shot blocking presence. He'll be our 5th big if this Cunningham/Ellington trade goes through. Maybe he could develop somewhat under guys like Marc, DA and ZBO.
Absolutely. Dude might be dumber than Javale Mcgee.... but his potential and current shot blocking ability makes him worth a roster spot in this league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brooks signed for 2yrs 6.3 million. We got him at a bargain

what would you do about that guard position jam the Kings got? Brooks, Thomas, Jimmer, Tyreke, Thornton.

And someone needs to get Orton out of orlando. Dude needs some constant PT.

what would you do about that guard position jam the Kings got? Brooks, Thomas, Jimmer, Tyreke, Thornton..
First guy outta that bunch I'd trade is Thornton. But I doubt he has much value, after that I say just try and get rid of Jimmer or Tyreke or package them together and see what we get at the SF position. Our roster is so stupid :lol:

Orton doesn't play for Orlando anymore. He's on the Raptors summer league team averaging a whopping 4 points and 4 rebounds on 36% shooting in 5 games.

He needs constant PT in China.

Nah man the MVP award is locked up for at least another 4 years. It belongs to Lebron or Durant until further notice.
The Dwight Howard spectacle is way worse than what Lebron did. Dwight seems to revel in the amount of attention he's getting while Lebron made an effort to avoid it. Dwights also making it drag on way longer than it has too IMO. If it wasnt for The Decision, Lebron wouldnt even have been that publicly disliked.
LeBron basked in that attention. Not like Dwight though.
I think Rondo is going to win MVP this year bros and im dead cereal.
He has heads on the roster who can run with him now. He's confident in his abilities now more than ever. Rondo/Bradley is one of the best back-courts in the entire L. Celtics defense is going to be amazing. I think its a wrap for the East; Celtics gonna have that top seed.
What has Bradley done to be considered part of "the best backcourt"

and Rondo would only win MVP if KG and Pierce go down and Celtics manage to get the top seed. But thats not likely to happen

Orton doesn't play for Orlando anymore. He's on the Raptors summer league team averaging a whopping 4 points and 4 rebounds on 36% shooting in 5 games.
He needs constant PT in China.

Damn ORL destroyed that dude. Sitting on the bench for like 2 or 3 yrs. China is probably where he is headed.

And Lebron is better than him at almost every facet of the game.
Avy Check....Obviously I'm no Lebron fan, but LBJ is a once a generation talent, Dwight is honestly simply a very athletic big man with game changing defense. This Dwight fiasco just makes me feel like he wants his name to be the biggest headline in sports for reasons OTHER than what he can do on the court.
This whole fiasco is what is leading people to say they would take Brook Lopez for D12. Obviously they arent exactly equivalent players, but I definitely feel like people are willing to sacrifice talent in exchange for deading that primadonna attitude
/rant

Man, what?

but you got speights and haddai already right? He would be locked into the DLeague with that rotation of bigs the grizz have.

Haddadi is a free agent. Speights will be Marc's primary backup, but he's still not a shot blocker. Good rebounder and scorer though. Basically, it would've been nice to keep Thabeet just to have him on the roster as a guy capable of being a presence in the paint.

Haddadi alters a lot of buckets and rebounds well, but he's not very mobile. I want someone a little more mobile.

Haddadi is a free agent. Speights will be Marc's primary backup, but he's still not a shot blocker. Good rebounder and scorer though. Basically, it would've been nice to keep Thabeet just to have him on the roster as a guy capable of being a presence in the paint.
Haddadi alters a lot of buckets and rebounds well, but he's not very mobile. I want someone a little more mobile.
Whitesides is mobile..... just stupid. Imagine McGee but with more air in his head and looks like he gets distracted by in the crowd :lol: :lol:

It must have been real quiet, hush hush type talking champ, like really top secret and classified.
Great, now all we need is his shooting percentage to match up to what you just said and maybe just maybe Rondo might be working with something.
LOL. We call this delusions of grandeur.

I thought i was the only one who used this phrase :lol:

First guy outta that bunch I'd trade is Thornton. But I doubt he has much value, after that I say just try and get rid of Jimmer or Tyreke or package them together and see what we get at the SF position. Our roster is so stupid :lol:

We'll take Tyreke and/or Thornton off your hands if you take him
kevin-martin-yell.jpg

I don't think Dwight v. Bynum is that big of a talent difference, but sometimes a change of scenery can motivate players. I think both players will be energized and put up better numbers on a new team.

Maybe not statistically, but watching the two, Dwight has a bigger presence and moves much better. Bynum is always struggling with his post moves and easily gets discouraged.

Its not a major difference, I mean the Lakers still won 2 titles with Bynum, 1 vs Dwight. But if you had your pick, its easily Dwight.

Bynum is not close to Dwight... 

Is he the closest thing the league has to Dwight? Yes. But he's still not close.

On pure talent? Sure, I can see the argument that he's close. But consistency, energy level, effort, injuries... Not close.

I think Bynum will go bonkers playing in the east (especially without Dwight there anymore).

no PG in the league can put up some of the #s that Rondo puts up. For a PG to pick apart top teams and zig zag through their defense so effortlessly and still put up ridiculous #s while having a average jumpshot says something. I think he's easily a top 2 PG.

As far as him lacking an offensive game, if you didnt see HUGE improvements in his jumpshot this year, stop watching basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom