Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rondo is incredibly skilled but his attitude and reluctance to develop a jumpshot will hold him back from being the best PG in the NBA.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Shannon Brown re-signing for two-year, $7 million deal with Suns

suns should've just signed mayo they are forever cheap, i feel like brown has reached his ceiling

Last edited:
Anyone think the Magic should be making moves to try to entice Howard to stay? I know it may be hard attracting free agents, since they wouldnt know if Howard would be there or not, but they should do something. Then they'll have a solid team and possibly go far in the playoffs. That itself could be enough for him to stay. Also the Magic could offer him the most money when he becomes a free agent. I think the Magic should take the risk.

Anyone think the Magic should be making moves to try to entice Howard to stay? I know it may be hard attracting free agents, since they wouldnt know if Howard would be there or not, but they should do something. Then they'll have a solid team and possibly go far in the playoffs. That itself could be enough for him to stay. Also the Magic could offer him the most money when he becomes a free agent. I think the Magic should take the risk.

You can't stay in a place you are not wanted and the bridge has been burned. That's like trying to stay with your wife who is in the process of divorcing you. You can sleep on the couch for a few nights, but it's done! :nerd:

Attract FAs? They can't even sign some good ones with what lil cap they have. The only way they're moving Hedo or JRich is if Dwight is going with them. They can't move those two big contracts they're screwed as a team as far as getting better goes. So no they won't go far in the playoffs.

Plus nothing is making Dwight stay. I don't know who you think you're dealing with. Only thing that might make Dwight stay is if ORL wins a championship and even then he may leave

They came out w/ a statement or something about not wanting to deal w/ Dwight. Dwight's circus act is hurting the franchise's pride.

@PDcavsinsider: #BScott surprised to read his ''close relationship'' with Andrew Bynum would lead to Bynum coming to #Cavs: "We're not very close at all.''

This whole trade was pure trolling :lol:

Rondo is a wizard on the court, dude does whatever he wants, just cant shoot for **** lol

Really tho the Blazers + injuries jokes are getting old :smh:

I'm interested to see how Batum plays every night. I think Lillard will end up producing more than he does IMO, Batum cant create his own shot for **** off the dribble. He scores most his points off assists

No one is saying Rondo can shoot though. Were saying DESPITE his lack of shooting ability he is STiLL a top PG. His FG% is still straight and his team is always in contention. What hve Chris Paul and DWill ever accomplished in the NBA? Nada.
And our Standards of judgement are silly? I guess Slava Medvendenko Is better than Charles Barkley because he has rings and Charles doesnt. This is the basis behind your argument. Accomplishments, as in rings cause thats really the only thing rondo has that either of the other two do not so you cant come back and say you were implying something else. The rings equals superiority argument is so flawed and tired anyways, basketball is a team sport, and Rajon Rondo has been on a better team than those two guys every year of his career and it hasnt even been close. If he was the only star on the Celtics what would he have accomplished? Would he have gotten that Championship that youre using to place him over those two players? Probably not.

.And i love these dudes busting out statistics and **** :lol: Fam not everything can be measured by a statistic. Rondo does more dope **** on the court that some nerd with a calculator could ever interpret and post online . Thats what yall dont undersand because you dont watch him. Its like watchinf a magician the way dude has the ball on a yoyo. Yall know Rondo has bigger hands than LBJ ? Thats why that rock looks damn near glued to his hand which allow him to leave defenders looking silly on the regular.
Keep being blind and thinking numbers can truly break down someones game. Let the people who are well versed in basketball talk basketball and you mathematicians can talk about how Ramon Sessions is better than Rondo because he hits the 12 footer more consistently. Disgusting.
Yeah because thats what we were implying. No one said that stats are the end all be all, but they clearly have merit, hence why the league keeps them, and coaches analysts, and players use them to help tailor their game to help them win.

Well versed in basketball talk? I would trust someone who brought stats to the table over you just saying stuff like "he's a wizard with the ball, it looks like its glued to his hand." They sound like they know what theyre talking about more-so than you who has done nothing but bring conjecture into this conversation. "Hes top 1 cause I say so" is basically all you've done in this thread, and people have brought counter arguments which you've basically have just written off even though theyre things that are integral to being a good guard. I have seen Rajon Rondo play plenty of times, the Celtics are a nationally televised team, and they play other teams that I frequently watch, and they they have been a mainstay in the playoffs since he has been on the team. I wont go around saying that I watch 60+ of his games every year because I dont, I'm not a Celtics fan but I think I have seen enough of his games to be able to form my own opinion.

Or maybe coaches and players alike should ignore that and let things like Dwight Howard shoot 3s happen because who cares about what the numbers say......If anyones being blind here its you. Theres a reason people dont fear Rondos jumper and leave him open for it. Its because the numbers tell you that he will probably miss it. People didnt just pull that out of thin air you know, it came from the stats.

Its not stupid, its a more fair assessment.
If player A is clearly superior to the rest, his own tier signifies that. If players B, C, D, are all great but have different faults, then placing them in the 2nd tier shows that rather than arguing B's poor FG% is less important than C's turnovers or D's better assist numbers don't outweigh B and C's better rebounds or scoring (for example).
It makes distinctions in players but doesn't get bogged down in debate over one being directly above/below another.. Which can be difficult to agree upon.
I guess tiers would be the best way to rank these players cause sometimes you run into a situation where there are two guys of similar levels of talent and you dont know who to put above the other.

We should just bump that crazy "Rajon Rondo is a hall of famer" thread and continue this there because I dont feel like derailing this thread further. LINK.

http://niketalk.com/t/339274/rajon-rondo-is-a-hall-of-famer

I'd put a Tony Parker in his prime above a Dwill in his prime also. Some of you guys are straight disrespecting Rondo. At the POINT GUARD position he does everything I would want my PG to do and more. His shot is slowly improving as well.

CP3 > Rose > Rondo > Parker > Dwill > Nash > Russ (i dont even consider him a PG)

@PDcavsinsider: #BScott surprised to read his ''close relationship'' with Andrew Bynum would lead to Bynum coming to #Cavs: "We're not very close at all.''
This whole trade was pure trolling :lol:

SOURCESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

oh and rondo is awesome and a true competitor. A true PG. And i hate the Celts. But you gotta respect him.

Haven't been in the thread for a minute so apologize if posted.

Via uniwatch:

Uni Watch News Ticker: “I saw the Spring 2013 Adidas NBA Catalog and there are some new on-court offerings,” says Chris Blackstone. “There are new jerseys for Christmas Day and for home weekend games during the second half of season, called the Winter Court jerseys. They’re monochrome like the all-black Miami uniforms from the past couple years, but in team colors. Also, there are Hardwood Classic jerseys for Indiana (home from 1997-98 through 2004-05), Milwaukee (late ’90s), [COLOR=#red]Chicago (mid-’90s alternate),[/COLOR] Atlanta (late-’90s road), Miami (late-’90s alternate), Sacramento (mid-’90s alternate), Phoenix (1990s alternate), Philly (early-’90s road), Cleveland (mid-’90s road), Toronto (late-’90ss home), Houston (late-’90s road), and Utah (late-’90s road).”

These are the black alternates with the red pinstripes?

Hope so. Those unis were :x :pimp:

I wonder which teams are getting new alternates or new unis (besides the Nets) this season. I hope OKC gets a navy or orange alternate. I could see the Clippers adding a new blue alternate or the Warriors a yellow one.

These are the black alternates with the red pinstripes?
Hope so. Those unis were :x :pimp:
I wonder which teams are getting new alternates or new unis (besides the Nets) this season. I hope OKC gets a navy or orange alternate. I could see the Clippers adding a new blue alternate or the Warriors a yellow one.

sixers blue jersey

okc need new unis
knicks are supposed to have some changes
i would also like to see the wizards get an alt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom