Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best PG's always comes down to jumpers, my theory is we judge players by the glitter factor which a jumper one is the first we choose to compare other players with. (IMO glitter is not a true judgement)

The top PG's in the league they aspire to be as effective as Rondo, he actually gets more respect from players than actual fans of the NBA. These guys have to play against him and I'm sure they might have a similar assessment of him till they play him. Just ask Miami.

The only fair way to judge a PG is how effective he is in helping their team win consistently. since they control the ball movement and are the ones who bring it up.

If your PG is who you rely as your main scorer than obviously teams are going to pick up on that and play accordingly to it. A guy like Rondo is hard to figure out. This is the reason why he's hard to judge. He plays to win, and that does not mean by himself.

Now if we're talking about individual skills thats a whole different story. But Rondo is not just a little above average, and I also believe he is highly adaptable and can work with whatever player is available.

Can't believe the talking down on D.Will.

Must be cause he was in Jersey last season.. gotta be the reason for wreckless talk and you didn't get to see him play alot or on a winning team.

D.will is a monster. #1 PG

Can't believe the talking down on D.Will.
Must be cause he was in Jersey last season.. gotta be the reason for wreckless talk and you didn't get to see him play alot or on a winning team.
D.will is a monster. #1 PG
And because he lead the league in tos (though it's an overrated stat IMO, 8 of the top 10 to leaders were all stars last season) the last few yrs, gave up numerous mammoth scoring games to PGS not in his stratosphere, and only shot 40% last yr. It could be argued he was unhappy and thus sandbagging, but he actually had a down yr and just based on rep alone seemed to stay in the same place in the overall pg rankings because nobody was noticing.

Stopit5 must be a Celtic fan...again I'm gonna say this if you can't score the rock no need to check ya it's like 4 on 5...Rondo ain't got a Jumpshot until he can develop that more power to him until then he 5th or 6th best pg in the league how ever order you wanna put dwill cp3 Parker rose Westbrook and whatever after that he aint seeing that group period ...

Stopit5 must be a Celtic fan...again I'm gonna say this if you can't score the rock no need to check ya it's like 4 on 5...Rondo ain't got a Jumpshot until he can develop that more power to him until then he 5th or 6th best pg in the league how ever order you wanna put dwill cp3 Parker rose Westbrook and whatever after that he aint seeing that group period ...

Like I said Rondo creates a system, the other TOP PG's are more reliant based system which isn't always optimal. Regardless I am not ranking because it all depends what we are judging. What does "The best PG" even mean ?

Like another poster said, theirs only top tier PG's and Rondo is one of them.

Ranking has to do with personal preference and taste, unless we go into the specific areas. All highly skilled just in different areas.

Only reason I mentioned Rondo is he should not be considered average by any means.

Haven't been in the thread for a minute so apologize if posted.

Via uniwatch:

Uni Watch News Ticker: “Also, there are Hardwood Classic jerseys for Indiana (home from 1997-98 through 2004-05), Milwaukee (late ’90s), [COLOR=#red]Chicago (mid-’90s alternate)[/COLOR], Atlanta (late-’90s road), Miami (late-’90s alternate), Sacramento (mid-’90s alternate), Phoenix (1990s alternate), Philly (early-’90s road), Cleveland (mid-’90s road), Toronto (late-’90ss home), Houston (late-’90s road), and Utah (late-’90s road).”

:nthat:

Last edited:
LMAOOOO Duece its obvious you have no clue what youre talking about

Pot meet kettle. Says the guy who said there where whispers of Rondo being the MVP last year. I guess we'll we waiting for those "whispers' to turn into loud chants for this upcoming seasons. I guess your somehow privy to inside information and are apart of a secret society since your the only one who heard of these "whispers". It's a secret society...............all we ask is trust :nerd: :nerd:.

You were the type of dude to be inside playing world of warcraft when the neighborhood kids were outside hooping.

Well if I was raised in Boston champ I guess I would be forced to play inside while the rest of the "other" kids played outside given Boston history with people that look differently than the majority. It's all about trying to stay alive up there.

If you can sit down and watch Rondo play and say hes only slightly above average, then you dont know what youre watching.

I don't have to just watch a game to determine that. I can also look at the stats posted on page 136 to prove my point as well. For a guy who's suppose elite like you guys are making him out to be those numbers say otherwise. Not to mention when you watch a Boston game Rondo's responsibility is to pass the ball as much as possible, by all means DON'T shot the ball and get the hell out of the way. Pretty simple for a guy who has the confused, bewildered look that Rondo even has.

The nerve to say Ray Allen has bailed out/made Rondos career thus far? Yikes bro just stop

Stop with these fraudulent statement, I said Ray Alllen has bailed Rondo out at times. I never said Ray Allen made Rondo's career thus far. Learn how to read and stop making up stuff trying to throw you, Rondo, and the rest of these reaching Rondo fans a pity party.

CP3 is the best all around PG in the league. Better shooter than Rondo, better distributor than D Will, better defender than Tony Parker.

My PG top 5 list is this:

1. Chris Paul (best all around PG)
2. Derrick Rose (most prolific scorer)
3. Rajon Rondo (best distributor)
4. Tony Parker (great scorer, pretty good distributor)
5. Russell Westbrook (great scorer albeit streaky & isn't always the best decision maker)

D Will is a great player, & him & RW are basically 5a & 5b imo.

Last edited:
CP3 is the best all around PG in the league. Better shooter than Rondo, better distributor than D Will, better defender than Tony Parker.
1. Chris Paul
2. Derrick Rose
3. Rajon Rondo
4. Tony Parker
5. Russell Westbrook

Rondo is a better distributor because D Will has no one to pass to.

Last edited:
i can't wait for Dwill to turn it up this season because some of ya'll are trolling or delusional. :lol:

1. Chris Paul (best all around PG)
2. Derrick Rose (most prolific scorer)
3. Rajon Rondo (best distributor)
4. Tony Parker (great scorer, pretty good distributor)
5. Russell Westbrook (great scorer albeit streaky & isn't always the best decision maker)
D Will is a great player, & him & RW are basically 5a & 5b imo.
You should look up Deron WIlliams numbers head to head against the Thunder. He hasn't really busted *** since he was a Jazz. Russ always kills him.

Russ's shot volume and "decision making" certainly need work but at the same time it's a function of the sy stem. Hell, he had 9 assists last night to 1 to passing to guys who can catch/finish as opposed to a flawed starting lineup that has been getting off to bad starts the last 2 seasons because of non offensive entities comprising 60% of the lineup. Hell, when Jeff Green and Nenad where here, he averaged 8 assists per 2 seasons running. Scott Brooks told him to score more. It works, that's how our team is comprised as of now.

I still can accept DWill, Rose, CP3, an Rondo as above Westbrook or in that same neighborhood, but early in the season when #*&@#) was trying to trade him for Rubio, Holiday, Conley, Wall, Nelson, Lowry, etc was just slanderous.

I can't wait for the Laker fans to see how GREAT Steve Nash really is so everyone hops back on 'he's the best PG in the league', which he is.No offense to Rondo, Paul, DWill, or Parker, but Nash at 38 is still the best.People look at his age and say he's declining. Didn't notice much in Phoenix.. maybe a little change in his shooting, but this is a player that had Marcin Gortat, Shannon Brown, Channing Frye, and Grant Hill on his team last year, and still putting up 11 asts a night. Add Bynum/Howard, Kobe, Gasol and I guarantee you people will notice that man again. I'm happy for Nash. He's a champion, even without a ring if that even makes sense. I'm gonna say he's the most underrated point guards ever to play the game. Gonna get bashed for this, but Laker fans will see what I mean.

Please someone look at deron Williams game log and see the assists he was putting up on the worst team.

The amount of disrespect is disgusting, I'm sure they will get some national tv games and some of you haters will finally see the light. SMH

I can't wait for the Laker fans to see how GREAT Steve Nash really is so everyone hops back on 'he's the best PG in the league', which he is. No offense to Rondo, Paul, DWill, or Parker, but Nash at 38 is still the best. People look at his age and say he's declining. Didn't notice much in Phoenix.. maybe a little change in his shooting, but this is a player that had Marcin Gortat, Shannon Brown, Channing Frye, and Grant Hill on his team last year, and still putting up 11 asts a night. Add Bynum/Howard, Kobe, Gasol and I guarantee you people will notice that man again. I'm happy for Nash. He's a champion, even without a ring if that even makes sense. I'm gonna say he's the most underrated point guards ever to play the game. Gonna get bashed for this, but Laker fans will see what I mean.

Offensively I do think Nash is the best PG in the league still but basketball is a two way sport.

Give me Westbrook over any pointguard in the NBA

tumblr_lo04ln2xSg1qd1bzb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom