Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Would the Thunder be interested in a S+T for Gordon, #1 for Russ and Ibaka?
nerd.gif

why would they even do that?

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

No, there aren't quite a few guys on the market to replace him with.

He's 22 and a top-25 player in the league. Off the bench. Stop it.

Zactly.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

just look at the spurs way of doing things and thats the way okc is going. spurs where always built for now and the future and was good cap wise.
Why do you think its a good idea for them to make this trade, but a bad idea for Memphis to trade ZBO for Robinson (from the other thread)? Do you like EVERYTHING the Thunder do? That doesn't even make sense. You have one team 3 wins away from a cahmpionship getting rid of a 22 year old who is a really good player for an unproven rookie compared to a team that got knocked out of the 1st round trying to gain flexibility by trading a 30-31 yr old PF for the best PF in the draft....

roll.gif

dude i was saying fan bases get up in arms over them kind of trade fool

i agree that it was a good trade and memphis better do it if it was true

Aw, my bad
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Obviously, I'm all for trading Harden. But the Bobcats JUST got BG, (who by the way, is now the highest paid player on the team). If they acquire Harden, he's eventually gonna command top dollar as well. BG gets 12 mil next year and a player option for 13 mil the year after. So you potentially will tie up big money in 2 guys who play the same position? Which one of them would come off the bench? Cuz they still have Kemba AND DJ.
So you're going to not get Harden because you have Ben Gordon............
Really? 
indifferent.gif

Put Gordon on the bench. Play him at PG (since he's that size anyway) and let Harden handle the ball (which he does for the Thunder). Play Harden at SF. Cut Gordon. Who cares. DO ANYTHING. You don't turn down really good young players because you have a mediocre player at that position no matter what. 

Kemba/DJ

Harden/Gordon

Kemba/DJ/Gordon aren't in the position to be commanding major minutes until they prove it anyway. You figure it out as you go along. I don't think the Thunder make this trade. It's a MAJOR move to make after getting 3 wins away from a chip but who knows. I don't think the Thunder relied too much on Harden's production. If they draft Beal or Robinson and sign a scorer off the bench, I think they'll be ok. 

Harden and Gordon combo would be amazing. Obviously Gordon off the bench which would suck for him
laugh.gif
he deserves to finally get back to his Bulls days. BG cant play point
laugh.gif

Kemba would learn a lot about shooting from both players so that would also help him too

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Harden and Gordon combo would be amazing. Obviously Gordon off the bench which would suck for him
laugh.gif
he deserves to finally get back to his Bulls days. BG cant play point
laugh.gif

Kemba would learn a lot about shooting from both players so that would also help him too

i dont think BG will ever start again on the Cats or anywhere else
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mgrand15

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Obviously, I'm all for trading Harden. But the Bobcats JUST got BG, (who by the way, is now the highest paid player on the team). If they acquire Harden, he's eventually gonna command top dollar as well. BG gets 12 mil next year and a player option for 13 mil the year after. So you potentially will tie up big money in 2 guys who play the same position? Which one of them would come off the bench? Cuz they still have Kemba AND DJ.
So you're going to not get Harden because you have Ben Gordon............
Really? 
indifferent.gif

Put Gordon on the bench. Play him at PG (since he's that size anyway) and let Harden handle the ball (which he does for the Thunder). Play Harden at SF. Cut Gordon. Who cares. DO ANYTHING. You don't turn down really good young players because you have a mediocre player at that position no matter what. 

Kemba/DJ

Harden/Gordon

Kemba/DJ/Gordon aren't in the position to be commanding major minutes until they prove it anyway. You figure it out as you go along. I don't think the Thunder make this trade. It's a MAJOR move to make after getting 3 wins away from a chip but who knows. I don't think the Thunder relied too much on Harden's production. If they draft Beal or Robinson and sign a scorer off the bench, I think they'll be ok. 

Maybe I didn't word it correctly. What I was trying to say is why even bother getting BG in the first place? I'm not knocking the Bobcats going after Harden. It just doesn't make sense to tie their cap up in 2 guys that play the same position and 1 of them will have to come off the bench.

Bobcats should have never traded for Ben Gordon. The hell were they thinking??
laugh.gif
Jordan & his cronies smh

My bad, someone was trolling on my account.
laugh.gif

So, it's great news that Dallas was unable to unload Odom.

Dallas: Relieves themselves of Odom
Utah: Mo Williams
LAC: Lamar Odom.

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Bobcats should have never traded for Ben Gordon. The hell were they thinking??
laugh.gif
Jordan & his cronies smh

why?

your supposed to know a team is willing to trade Harden for your pick? OK...

who knows if its even true.

EDIT: Nice deals for the Clips, as long as Odom returns to form then thats a very good pick up.

Lakers need to start making some moves
nerd.gif

I know OKC is concerned about paying Harden long term, but you don't trade a very good player and a key cog on a championship contending team for an unproven rookie no matter how great he's projected to be.

The Thunder are trying to do this for money reasons. So what happens if Beal becomes great down the road and they can't afford him either? Just trade him away for another rookie?

Interesting

Originally Posted by KMante

The Thunder are trying to do this for money reasons. So what happens if Beal becomes great down the road and they can't afford him either? Just trade him away for another rookie?

Interesting
It's basically buying four more years (2yr + 2yr option for the rookie contract) with the same core - if Beal gives them the same impact as Harden.

A 4-5 year run with a core is pretty solid.

It only makes sense if you believe the Thunder can't keep Harden and Ibaka. They flip Harden into a rookie with a similar impact, essentially keeping the same dynamic - or they deal with Harden's contract and lose him or Ibaka, changing the core.

Maybe scouts are seeing something in Beal that we aren't.

Up until two weeks ago, no one's even heard of the Kid. And now he's the second coming of Jesus...Shuttlesworth.

Gotta love the NBA draft sometimes
laugh.gif

EDIT:

I've done some research and here are the all the 2nd picks of the NBA draft since 2000. 

2000: Stromile Swift 

2001: Tyson Chandler

2002: Jay Williams

2003: Darko Millicic

2004: Emeka Okafor

2005: Marvin Williams

2006: Lamarcus Aldridge

2007: Kevin Durant

2008: Michael Beasley 

2009: Hasheem Thabeet

2010: Evan Turner

2011: Derrick Williams 

With the exception of Tyson Chandler, Lamarcus Aldridge and Kevin Durant--The 2nd pick seems to be a let down. 

I don't even know what to say anymore. I'm just gonna have to be glued to the screen tonight.

Also somebody has to recap all of the moves made after it's all over to discern from the rumors.

NBA Draft and the off-season always brings out the stupidity in people...

Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio

Why does Anthony Davis' hair look wet? Looks like dude swam to the Prudential Center
laugh.gif

Its draft night man. You know every brotha in there using MAX Murray's 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DMan14

in lacob we trust. haha. lets go W's.

so how long does david stern get booed to start off the night?

missed the beginning, but it was the whole first round? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom