Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuban's gonna lowball him a second time, no way he's throwing 36mils at him. I wouldn't even bother meeting in person, they can do it over the phone, hell even via text.; all these unneeded frequent flyer miles
laugh.gif

If Hibbert keeps that deal with the Blazers, it's over for Indy.  LA & Roy 
30t6p3b.gif
.  I could see Joe Johnson putting up big numbers if he lands in Brooklyn.  D Will, Dwight, and Joe would be a nasty combo but I don't think it's happening. I'd trade Bynum  for Dwight right now! Lakers shouldn't even hesitate. 

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Cuban's gonna lowball him a second time, no way he's throwing 36mils at him. I wouldn't even bother meeting in person, they can do it over the phone, hell even via text.; all these unneeded frequent flyer miles
laugh.gif
No, he definitely won't throw anything like 36 million at him, he probably didn't even offer him that much the first time round.
laugh.gif

But, I think he won't give him a silly contract offer either. Nothing like 10 million over two years. I think he'll give him a reasonable offer, and giving him a better chance than he would in Toronto.

The Suns have one of the worst rosters in the entire league, the Knicks would be a terrible fit post D'Antoni with Melo there, and the Mavs will probably offer him the least money of any of those teams....he's gonna be a Raptor. Nash-Derozan-Batum-Bargs-Jonas would be a very nice team.

The Suns don't seem to be focused on re-signing Nash. Their efforts are to sign younger players (Eric Gordon, O.J. Mayo, Mike Beasley).

Originally Posted by PMatic

The Suns don't seem to be focused on re-signing Nash. Their efforts are to sign younger players (Eric Gordon, O.J. Mayo, Mike Beasley).
I'd like to see Phoenix nab OJ.

So if the Pacers dont match the Blazers deal, then do they receive anything back in return a la the 1st round tenders that the NFL offers? Even still, I would be ok with it, if it allowed them to throw more money at Gordon or Mayo, and trade Granger for a quality big and a 1st round draft pick

Man seriously, F Dwight, them broad shoulders ain't built for LA. Certified clown status he's reached and not even the iron fist of Kobe would get him to straighten up. I hope the Nets get Joe Johnson to pair along with D-Will so D12 gets stuck in Orlando to rot forever.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Man seriously, F Dwight, them broad shoulders ain't built for LA. Certified clown status he's reached and not even the iron fist of Kobe would get him to straighten up. I hope the Nets get Joe Johnson to pair along with D-Will so D12 gets stuck in Orlando to rot forever.
Me too, but I bet once the Nets can't get him, he'll agree to sign an extension with us and demand a trade
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Well, Nash is apparently eager to meet with Dallas, but understands they want Deron more.

Unless Cuban completely lowballs Steve, I can see Nash coming back for one last hurrah with Dirk. Those two are as close as players can be.
ept_sports_nba_experts-406875019-1248973187.jpg

Would love for the Suns to get Shumpert and Fields for Nash even tho I'm sure it will end up being Fields and someone else. We need to amnesty Childress, dude is stealing $. Hoping Eric Gordon will sign with us, his younger bro is balling at ASU now so hopefully that will help entice him to come to PHX. Hoping we dump Aaron Brooks and Robin Lopez AKA Alf too.

Fields, Gadzuric, Jordan and Douglas for Nash. Nash gets his 10 mill Knicks gets to keep Shump , everyones happy .

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Fields, Gadzuric, Jordan and Douglas for Nash. Nash gets his 10 mill Knicks gets to keep Shump , everyones happy .
Right, EVERYONE is happy, especially the Suns....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by natch johnson

Would love for the Suns to get Shumpert and Fields for Nash even tho I'm sure it will end up being Fields and someone else. We need to amnesty Childress, dude is stealing $. Hoping Eric Gordon will sign with us, his younger bro is balling at ASU now so hopefully that will help entice him to come to PHX. Hoping we dump Aaron Brooks and Robin Lopez AKA Alf too.

o hell no about shump, leave him out of this

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Right, EVERYONE is happy, especially the Suns....
laugh.gif

everyone that matters is happy
laugh.gif

simple good things dont happen for the knicks. so im not getting my hopes up. at all. I still say he winds up in toronto

Toronto supposedly offered Nash 3 yr- $36 million offer.
[h1]
[h1]Sources: Steve Nash offered $36M[/h1]

Updated: July 1, 2012, 4:17 PM ET
By Marc Stein | ESPN.com

[/h1]
10[*]/a1.espncdn.com/prod/assets/sprites/page-actions-20.png);">http://a1.espncdn.com/pro...es/page-actions-20.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; display: block; height: 20px; width: 20px; float: left; background-position: 0px -20px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">63[*]/a1.espncdn.com/prod/assets/sprites/page-actions-20.png);">http://a1.espncdn.com/pro...es/page-actions-20.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; display: block; height: 20px; width: 20px; float: left; background-position: 0px -40px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">31[*]/a1.espncdn.com/prod/assets/sprites/page-actions-15.png);">http://a1.espncdn.com/pro...es/page-actions-15.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; display: block; height: 15px; width: 15px; float: left; background-position: 0px -45px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">EMAIL[*]/a1.espncdn.com/prod/assets/sprites/page-actions-15.png);">http://a1.espncdn.com/pro...es/page-actions-15.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; display: block; height: 15px; width: 15px; float: left; background-position: 0px -60px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">PRINT
The Toronto Raptors have offered free-agent point guard Steve Nash a three-year, $36 million contract, according to sources.

Nash, a two-time NBA MVP, has spent the past eight seasons with the Phoenix Suns, but has made it a point in recent interviews to stress that he's "open to everything" and say he'll listen to any team that calls. However, industry sources monitoring the free-agent market have identified Toronto as one of four team that pose the greatest danger to the Suns in terms ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom