Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Update] Eric Gordon is meeting with Houston today, which is exactly what I was told would happen when given this info last night. Houston and every other team that is interested is fully aware the Hornets will match any offer, but are still hopeful that a sign and trade can be worked out. The Hornets have not told the Rockets (not sure what they have told the other teams) that a sign and trade is a firm no. Keeping all options open.

Maybe the Hornets trade him to Housotn, get back Martin's expiring contract plus filler and hope to become major players in 2013 with absurd cap space.

So I haven't read everything but possibly Josh Smith and Eric Gordon in HOU, Nash and Pau in Toronto, Hibbert and Aldridge in POR, and Deron and Dwight in BKY? Sounds good.

Originally Posted by DubA169

They could have been good if the magic didn't break into Dwight's house at midnight and strong arm him into signing for a year.

It was all simple. And all Dwight's fault.

But yeah most of this may be unnecessary. There is nuthing people from Brooklyn like more than Brooklyn. Besides loyal Knicks fans, people from brooklyn would support that team no matter who plays on the team.

I wouldn't say strong armed him. He could have declined the player option

i still dont understand Hornets paying him that much, you drafted Rivers, get something cheap and decent in return and be done with it. save that cap space for something else in the future.

you gave up CP3 fine but now you have Davis and Rivers, no need to overpay someone who barely played and obviously doesnt want to be there.

Nash meeting with BK Nets Monday. Nets look to Nash to replace DWill or play with him. They have enough to trump the Rap's offer of $36 mil, assuming no JJ or Dwight trade.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Nash meeting with BK Nets Monday. Nets look to Nash to replace DWill or play with him. They have enough to trump the Rap's offer of $36 mil, assuming no JJ or Dwight trade.

Play with him? A 10M/year back-up PG?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

JJ, max contract Deron, and Crash kills their financial flexibility.

Then probably paying Lopez, they can kiss any hopes of Dwight and Deron goodbye.

If the Hawks send JJ, you'd have to think the Nets send Brooks.
not sure how sign an trades work but wouldnt they be able to send Lopez to the Magic in return for Dwight? again im not familiar with how S&T's works
Nets don't have cap space for 3 max contracts. Just no way it works, especially in this new CBA. Even before it was the main reason Bron and Wade didn't get max contracts and only near it. Gotta take a bit of a paycut to get 3 stars on one squad.

i still dont understand Hornets paying him that much, you drafted Rivers, get something cheap and decent in return and be done with it. save that cap space for something else in the future.

you gave up CP3 fine but now you have Davis and Rivers, no need to overpay someone who barely played and obviously doesnt want to be there.

yup.. make the deal with houston for martin and 2/3 of the young guys they are offering

then martin can then be traded just before the trade deadline to a contender for a draft pick.. and they're good to go

Man I hope the Wolves do get Batum. Would love that. Sounds like the Blazers are gonna have a heck of a time getting Hibbert if they don't let Batum walk.

maybe im crazy but if im the Lakers and with their lack of moves, i trade Bynum for Howard without a commitment or extension. as long as hes healthy i think its a great fit and trade and will make the Lakers champs of the west and most likely NBA champs. That will make Howard stay and if he doesnt then... hes a damn idiot.

im not a Laker fan nor a Dwight fan but this needs to happen. Its a huge risk but very huge reward. Lakers need to do something fast and this is the best trade they can do unless they have something up their sleeve that no one knows about.

Originally Posted by InfraRen

Man I hope the Wolves do get Batum. Would love that. Sounds like the Blazers are gonna have a heck of a time getting Hibbert if they don't let Batum walk.

Man Batum is just the new version of Beasley, who can be kept for much cheaper (even though they arent keeping him smh)...AND they just got Budinger.  

maybe im crazy but if im the Lakers and with their lack of moves, i trade Bynum for Howard without a commitment or extension. as long as hes healthy i think its a great fit and trade and will make the Lakers champs of the west and most likely NBA champs. That will make Howard stay and if he doesnt then... hes a damn idiot.

im not a Laker fan nor a Dwight fan but this needs to happen. Its a huge risk but very huge reward. Lakers need to do something fast and this is the best trade they can do unless they have something up their sleeve that no one knows about.
That'd be a great sequence of events. Dwight wins championship with LAL, possibly getting finals MVP and then leaves to BK. Then proceeds to get booed and mocked viciously any time he's in L.A. with the lingering what if of you could've won multiple championships if you had stayed.

If Deron stays with the Nets, he's getting a max deal, and that's why getting JJ baffles me. And why signing Crash baffles me.

19.8 for JJ in his first year, ~10 million for Crash, what is Deron due in his first year of a max deal? Settling what's going on with Hump/Brook, and then? Easily approaching 60 million already. Meh. JJ, Crash, Deron, and Brook Lopez with no one else isn't satisfying to me, especially since you're locked into that contract unless you amnesty one, or can trick someone into buying into one of those guys, which I don't see. The Nets will not get Dwight for Brook Lopez alone. No chance. They can get Bynum if they want, you wouldn't settle for fricking Brook Lopez.
laugh.gif

Also, not sure if it should be any indication on their chances to get Deron, two faces will be missing. Dirk and Cuban. I don't know if players are allowed in actual negotiations, but instead, Deron will be meeting with Rick Carlisle, Donnie Nelson, and newly signed Michael Finley.

One last thing that I'm intrigued in. Under the new CBA deal, we know that repeat tax teams will be penalized. The Mavs roster is set up currently so that they can work things so they won't be at that tax line. That will save them a year from being under that repeat tax offender line. Amnesty Haywood, pay Deron 17 million starting, get the rest of the guys this year to sign one year deals, and then trade Marion next year to get us Dwight Howard hopefully. That works out as well because the follow year, Dirks fatass contract is up. Re-sign cheaper, bring someone else in. Not a max guy, buy a good piece.

Amnestying Haywood, getting rid of Marion/Beaubois, those are not hard moves to make.

Rockets sign Asik to three year, 25 million dollar offer sheet. Wonder how front-loaded it is.

Lavoy Allen signs 2 year deal with Sixers, 6 million dollars.

Man Batum is just the new version of Beasley
What...? I don't know that you could find two more different small forwards.

The Hornets checked in on Batum, which is no real surprise. They are light at small forward, and Williams was widely-credited for his development.
Rockets sign Asik to three year, 25 million dollar offer sheet. Wonder how front-loaded it is.
I guess he can only get $5 million this season, so he must be getting $10 million each of those last two years. Yikes.

Because of the new stadium. That's the reason. The nets are meeting with Nash today. They are gonna wind up getting someone. Gordon. Deron, Nash, Johnson. Whoever

People thought they were going to wind up with someone in 2010 too.

That's a stupid amount of money. The lockout did what?

Rockets beat writer tweeted its a 4 year deal. So I guess it's either 6M and some change or 8M and some change, per year. I wonder if it makes a difference on whether Chicago matches.

Originally Posted by franchise3

That's a stupid amount of money. The lockout did what?

Rockets beat writer tweeted its a 4 year deal. So I guess it's either 6M and some change or 8M and some change, per year. I wonder if it makes a difference on whether Chicago matches.

he will live up to that contract, watch.

Ok, it's a 3 year deal. Hopefully he does live up to it. Three years really isn't that bad in case he doesn't though. Hopefully the Bulls don't match.

Its a 3 year deal, heavily back loaded. Nearly 15M in year 3. Yeah, Chicago ain't matching that. In year 3 of this deal, when we go to Hoopshype or wherever to look at salaries, Omer Asik will be somewhere in the upper half of the list
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I thought I read the Nets don't plan on resigning Hump? Aint he looking for a payday too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom