Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

But

Mavs-sweeping-Lakers.jpg
How you gonna mock him about LAL being swept last year when your team got swept in the very same season your star player said he was not motivated enough to win?

Because if Kobe was that damn great he would have never been swept by Dirk blown off the $%$##!* court in Game 4.
Can we stop the kobe slander already the five rings, Several personal achievements, the praise of all his peers and anybody worth a damn in basketball solidifies that yea he is that great
laugh.gif
. If you hate his guts fine by me but i think we have gotten to a point where anybody denying his greatness on the basketball court should be laughed at and shot with rubberbands

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Should the Nets retain Deron Williams — and it appears that this deal does not hinge on that guarantee — Johnson and Williams would become one of the more devastating two-man wing combos in the NBA. Johnson removes an enormous scoring load from Deron Williams and Brook Lopez, allowing both to flourish if Avery Johnson can utilize all three as a collective unit. There are numerous creative offensive sets you can mold around the skills of these three — a Williams/Johnson high wing pick-and-pop/roll, a two-man game with Williams & Lopez with Johnson lurking in the corner or on the opposite wing, and playing Williams off the ball in spot possessions to give Johnson the opportunity to create are a few examples. It should be noted that Johnson is a far superior shooter on the right side of the floor than the left, and Brook Lopez is a much better scorer on the right block than the left. If coach Johnson does his homework, expect a consistent two-man game between Johnson and Lopez on the right side in Brooklyn.
http://netsarescorching.com/2012/07/02/joe-johnson-brooklyn-nets/
If DWill comes back,  this should be a fun team to watch. I think the pieces fit well. 

So the season is only 4 months away? 

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

This is why I think the Nets don't need Dwight.  Sure they took on some bad contracts in JJ and then that trade for Crash
sick.gif
(as a Blazer fan
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
) Lopez is more than servicable to play center on that team and be productive especially with Humphries.  I would rather take that and also have guys like Brooks on the bench than trading everyone for Howard and having no bench.  Yeah the Nets have taken on a lot of big contracts but if it works this team could be top 3 in the East for several years.

How about you bring up Deron Williams having to forego ~$28M to sign with the Mavs and not Jay-Z?

Because he isn't giving up 28 million, he's simply only giving up a guaranteed 5th year.

If he stays healthy the money will be more in Dallas because their isn't a state or city income tax.

Whatever dollar amount Deron can sign for in Brooklyn take 10% off it.
Source for the 10% figure?
 If he stays healthy? This could be his last big payday. $!!+ happens, in case you forgot. 
New York State Taxes alone

New York City also has a seperate tax rate of at least 4%

So actually take 12.87% off that number

This move for Joe johnson reminds me of the bulls and Boozer. Your not winning anything major with a core of ONE true superstar, and a 31 yr old second option, filled with a bunch of role players........ It's very plausible for them to win 50 games, hell i watched that 06 Clippers team do it, but if you think this team is going to make any noise in the playoffs your buggin
laugh.gif

These dudes had a oppurtunity to possibly create a real contender and gave up all flexibility to become a second round whipping boy for the next 5 years. If they lose D-will this becomes even more laughable because this franchise will be headlined by joe Johnson with No way of improving because they will have NO money & will be stuch with late or at best midround picks

How about you bring up Deron Williams having to forego ~$28M to sign with the Mavs and not Jay-Z?

Because he isn't giving up 28 million, he's simply only giving up a guaranteed 5th year.

If he stays healthy the money will be more in Dallas because their isn't a state or city income tax.

If he stays healthy? This could be his last big payday. $!!+ happens, in case you forgot. 

Dude will be 32 years old when this contract is up

First off, figure out how progressive taxation works before throwing out percentages. 
Also, you don't think Deron Williams could make that up with the potential Nike marketing campaign that will ferociously descend on Brooklyn and other parts of NYC? 

Here's a crude calcuation:

$28M- difference in taxes + difference in endorsements= probably more than $28M

The Nets aren't title contenders now but 50 wins seems attainable.  Humphries is a great hustle player, on top of averaging a double double.  I don't see why he couldn't be the starting PF for a championship team.  I really think some people hate on this guy because they think of Kim K.  Guy puts in work on the court
glasses.gif
 ! The Nets possibly can have a real dangerous team with their top 5 center, Brook, 
laugh.gif
.  For real though, Brook isn't on that level but it's not outrageous to make that argument, being that he is an efficient scorer, decent shot blocker, and can drop 20 easy while hitting his FTs. He's just slow 
laugh.gif
  The Nets having three 20pt scoring threats is pretty dangerous and Wallace is the bonus.  Boston and NY might to have to catch up and make some moves now that Atlanta and Brooklyn are decking out their teams. 

Originally Posted by presequel

CP3 isn't leaving the clippers to goto ATL with smith and dwight.

not happening.

The Vinny Del Negro factor. CP3 is gonna say peace out after going through another year with him.

Originally Posted by presequel

CP3 isn't leaving the clippers to goto ATL with smith and dwight.

not happening.

What the hell makes you so sure of that?. If the clippers get knocked out in the 2nd round again next year, and Dwight winds up in Atlanta, you'd gotta think he'd be very intrigued by the possibility of joining forces with those 2

First off, figure out how progressive taxation works before throwing out percentages. 
Also, you don't think Deron Williams could make that up with the potential Nike marketing campaign that will ferociously descend on Brooklyn and other parts of NYC? 

The raw dollars will be more in Brooklyn simply due to that 5th being guarateed.

But I don't think endorsosers will be lining up unless they are winning big.

Carmelo Anthony makes 8 million in endorsements and he is a bigger star than Deron.

If Deron Williams goes to Dallas and whether they win or not he can get comparable income.

I hate watching stupidity trump common sense.

everyone in here wants to point at the bad ( JJ bad contract and giving crash 40 mill when $25 couldve got it done)

but lets all calm down and listen to reason......

JJ is not being asking to be the man in BK, hes going to be the 2nd option behind some say the best PG in the L.

When has crash ever played with a PG of Dwills caliber and a shooter like JJ in front him, all Crash has to do is play D, run the fast break, and grab boards/clean up

Lopez was hurt all last year, but this year, a healthy Lopez, with JJ spacing the floor along with Dwill slashing/dishing is going to make him better, big %!%**%@ deal, he doesnt average double rebounds a game

If they can get hump, whos a hustle player to rebound and clean up (what he does best)

Brooks is also going to benefit coming off the bench behind JJ/Wallace

whats the problem with this team?

before everyone wants to yell about it, lets be smart and look at the team.

now lets look at the east

Miami is clearly number 1, fine.

After Miami? then what, its up for grabs, no one is a clear cut number 2 in that division

Originally Posted by MMG

I hate watching stupidity trump common sense.

everyone in here wants to point at the bad ( JJ bad contract and giving crash 40 mill when $25 couldve got it done)

but lets all calm down and listen to reason......

JJ is not being asking to be the man in BK, hes going to be the 2nd option behind some say the best PG in the L.

When has crash ever played with a PG of Dwills caliber and a shooter like JJ in front him, all Crash has to do is play D, run the fast break, and grab boards/clean up

Lopez was hurt all last year, but this year, a healthy Lopez, with JJ spacing the floor along with Dwill slashing/dishing is going to make him better, big %!%**%@ deal, he doesnt average double rebounds a game

If they can get hump, whos a hustle player to rebound and clean up (what he does best)

Brooks is also going to benefit coming off the bench behind JJ/Wallace

whats the problem with this team?

before everyone wants to yell about it, lets be smart and look at the team.

now lets look at the east

Miami is clearly number 1, fine.

After Miami? then what, its up for grabs, no one is a clear cut number 2 in that division

When has Crash or Brook Lopez been healthy in the last three years

I love Gerald Wallace but his game in totally dependent on athleticism and he is fragile and on the wrong side of 30.

The raw dollars will be more in Brooklyn simply due to that 5th being guarateed.

Carmelo Anthony makes 8 million in endorsements and he is a bigger star than Deron.

If Deron Williams goes to Dallas and whether they win or not he can get comparable income.
He'll make more per year in Brooklyn, have an extra guaranteed year and have more endorsement deals. Spin it however you like but financially, everything is in the Nets' favor. A possible 12% income tax (I haven't done the calculation) could be $2M. That could easily be made up with NYC endorsements. Remember, he's the face of Brooklyn if he returns. He's second fiddle to Dirk in Dallas. 

Im not saying they winning the chip, but they have a good chance to push for one.....
nerd.gif
granted they have a small window...

Dude he got crazy endorsements last yr already even with the losing, like Audi, SkullCandy, MetroPCs, Bononos Suits, and Red Bull.

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

The Nets aren't title contenders now but 50 wins seems attainable.  Humphries is a great hustle player, on top of averaging a double double.  I don't see why he couldn't be the starting PF for a championship team.  I really think some people hate on this guy because they think of Kim K.  Guy puts in work on the court
glasses.gif
 ! The Nets possibly can have a real dangerous team with their top 5 center, Brook, 
laugh.gif
.  For real though, Brook isn't on that level but it's not outrageous to make that argument, being that he is an efficient scorer, decent shot blocker, and can drop 20 easy while hitting his FTs. He's just slow 
laugh.gif
  The Nets having three 20pt scoring threats is pretty dangerous and Wallace is the bonus.  Boston and NY might to have to catch up and make some moves now that Atlanta and Brooklyn are decking out their teams. 
laugh.gif
... i would take a lot of players over humphries...

He'll make more per year in Brooklyn, have an extra guaranteed year and have more endorsement deals. Spin it however you like but financially, everything is in the Nets' favor. A possible 12% income tax (I haven't done the calculation) could be $2M. That could easily be made up with NYC endorsements. Remember, he's the face of Brooklyn if he returns. He's second fiddle to Dirk in Dallas. 

If you remove the 5th year and factor in taxes he actually will make more money in Dallas from his NBA contract.

Also Deron is from here, Dallas is the 4th biggest metropolitcan area in America. Yall act there aren't endorsement deals anywhere outside of New York

Deron Williams would instantly become the biggest individual star in Dallas. Hell they wouldn't even have to win as long as he played hard people will love him here.

Are the Hawks the frontrunner for Dwight now, since his BFF Josh Smith plays there and they can send Horford and Teague + filler to the Magic?
EDIT: I forgot that CP3 really wanted to play for Atlanta when they drafted Williams ahead of him like the idiots they are. 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Dude he got crazy endorsements last yr already even with the losing, like Audi, SkullCandy, MetroPCs, Bononos Suits, and Red Bull.
He made 2 million in endorsements last year.

Carmelo Anthony plays for the Knicks, is a bigger star than Deron Williams will ever be unless he wins a championship
Despite speculat ion that Williams covets the financial windfall associated with big cities, the Nets point guard, who holds the franchise's future in his signature hand, said his free agency decision won’t be based on any uptick in endorsement money.

Williams has a sense of where he stands on Nike’s totem pole, and it might be below the profit margin.

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

“I’m not Kobe Bryant or Kevin Durant or LeBron James,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom