Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
The names might look good, but JJ in NJ is going to be an epic failure imo.  No JJ iso's with Deron on the squad, he's gonna have to go back to his Suns days and catch and shoot, not sure that's a strong point anymore.  And Crash, Brook and Hump might sound nice, but I ironically Hump is the one I trust the most, and that's not a good thing. 
laugh.gif

Atlanta is finally going to be different tho.  Bout damn time.  Good luck to them getting Dwight and CP3. 

Why is this thread not pinned yet? 

Building on what Steve Kyler wrote earlier, Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports is reporting that the New York Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers, Boston Celtics, Atlanta Hawks and Miami HEAT have all expressed interest in unrestricted free agent forward Rashard Lewis. Lewis shares mutual interest with the HEAT, Lakers and Knicks in particular. They are all three over the cap, meaning they can only offer the mini-mid level to Lewis.

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Originally Posted by presequel

CP3 isn't leaving the clippers to goto ATL with smith and dwight.

not happening.
laugh.gif

Just like LeBron and Bosh weren't going to MIA, right?
I'm not saying its impossible I just don't see it happening. This entire notion was created by the media literally today. They looked at the FA list next year and all 3 are FA's. This isn't like with the Heat's big 3 where they all planned out being FA together. This just happened. Atl could squeeze all 3 but it just doesn't seem likely. Smith and Howard are tight, but I don't see CP3 really caring. If this was last year then yes, because he was on the hornets that were going nowhere fast.
Originally Posted by franchise3

The Vinny Del Negro factor. CP3 is gonna say peace out after going through another year with him.
True. Contract is up after the year though, right? If not then he could always get fired if they underperform. CP3 would have to feel that the team the Clippers have built isn't going anywhere, which I would find hard to believe given they have some good pieces in place. I do think a better coach could take them farther but I don't think thats enough to get CP3 to bounce to an ATL team thats starting over. 

Originally Posted by thachosen123

What the hell makes you so sure of that?. If the clippers get knocked out in the 2nd round again next year, and Dwight winds up in Atlanta, you'd gotta think he'd be very intrigued by the possibility of joining forces with those 2

Intrigued? Of course. I'm not positive, just going with gut feeling. Smith wanted out, ok now hes back in. Dwight doesn't know what the heck he wants. CP3? He was just thrown in this story for headlines. Theres been no indication that CP3 will want to leave to goto ATL and team up with other superstars. This is implying he doesn't think the Clippers and Griffin are good enough. The only reason he didn't sign the extension is he'll make more money not extending now and becoming a FA. 
Its very likely they get bounced in 2nd round, or 1st, or WCF. Will that be enough to get CP3 to start over again? Maybe he thinks the west is too strong. Maybe going to the east to battle the Heat is somehow easier, even though ATL won't be able to sign anyone if they have those 3. It'll take ATL 2 years to be able to build a team that can compete with the heat in terms of depth. I'm not saying the Clippers can win it all, but i think CP3 has a better chance staying than restarting with ATL with 2 other stars. 

Honestly though, i'd trade Blake for Dwight if i'm the Clippers but I know damn well thats not happening. 

Not everyone can become the Miami Heat y'all. Considering where the Nets were a few months ago this is a big step up if Dwill re-signs.

Of course it's not Dwight but Dwight messed that up for himself. Can't keep waiting around for him. Time to build a team that can at least provide some entertainment value and make the playoffs consistently. Joe Johnson is hated because of his contract, but strictly basketball wise I think it's a great fit for him. Lopez is no dominant force but he gets you buckets. If Avery can build some defensive principles and values into this core then the Nets will be a solid 4-5 seed this upcoming season. Again its not a title but realistically how many real title contenders are there in 2012? (Heat and Thunder, thats about it).

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Who the hell is Crash?

Word
laugh.gif
 I want to know too. Today's the first time I've heard this ******ed nickname.

he got his nickname from his sacramento kings years. every time he dunk the ball so hars he would fall to the floor insinuating a crash..get it ?

Originally Posted by quik1987

I thought they were gonna get that TV deal making them the 2nd richest franchise
i heard something about that, but still dont know what is going on...

Originally Posted by MMG

I hate watching stupidity trump common sense.

everyone in here wants to point at the bad ( JJ bad contract and giving crash 40 mill when $25 couldve got it done)

but lets all calm down and listen to reason......

JJ is not being asking to be the man in BK, hes going to be the 2nd option behind some say the best PG in the L.
Nah, he's only being asked to be the 2nd option if DWill resigns. When critiquing the deal, DWill shouldn't even necessarily be in mind but even if he is looking at it from his perspective I don't see why he'd be smiling from ear to ear about it.

Son is gonna basically dedicate the prime of his career to a squad that barely has a fighting chance and little to no flexibility to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom