Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nash, Lin, Melo, Amare, and Tyson?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I don't see how Crawford would fit in an Adelman offense with Rubio and Love. He dribbles too much and takes bad shots. They either need a shooter like Morrow or Brandon Rush, or a do it all type like Iggy or Batum. Those are the pieces they're missing...not a ball stopping combo guard.
Yeah, well...They don't need someone else to defer the ball either. Minnesota already had a ball stopper (Beasley), but Crawford is more effective, has more range and much better down the stretch. The floor spacing with his range will be a good fit too. If on any team, Minnesota is a place where Crawford could fit. Perfect compliment for Kevin Love and Rubio who already pass the ball very well. They'd make it work. 

crawford has never worked for any team he has played on now he is going to work for minnesota? ya right.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

nerd.gif

the defense would be terrrrible. tyson would injure himself trying to play every position.
pretty sure lin would come off teh bench. Then again he is the money maker.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

nerd.gif

I think if that happened Lin would come off the bench as he backup pg. Then shump would start at sg and jr would be the backup to shump

i guess im the only one that like the idea of Joe Johnson to the Nets.

sure his contract is horrible but hes still a great player. Atlanta sucks, they are going absolutely no where and they would have been stuck in the same position for the next 5 years.

Nets just need to keep Humphries since Lopez is quite possibly the worst rebounder.

im still confused by the fascination with Lin, hes not good at all. Knicks are gonna overpay for him and hes a bum. he does NOT deserve the contract and the Knicks and fans will regret that by the end of the season. He was hot for about a month, that means hes worth 40 million?
laugh.gif

id rather give a 40 year old Nash 2 year $40 mill instead of multiple year of the same amount to Lin. Atleast Nash will do something productive.

Zyzz, I just do not like the contract. Fine with what is being offered in the trade and who is coming back.

And Brook got lazy cause of Hump. his rookie year he pulled 8 bounds a game. Still could improve but still.

Oh and guys, just for laughs, The Suns right now are asking for Shumpert in the deal. It just may end up being Fields if the sign and trade happens. but I heard they asked at one point for both and Shumpert is the starting point.

That will never happen.

Really love the idea of O.J. to the Lakers if that happens. With the PG spot in question, he could come right in and give them immediate production from that spot. Plus it would bold well once Bean decides to hang it up.

Joe Johnson, albeit a bit of an underachiever, would bold well imo in NJ and would do wonders in trying to keep Deron Williams.

No way Nash is going to the Raptors. Sure he may not care about winning as much as many think, but he still wants to be competitive. NY or PHX is how I'm calling that play.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Really love the idea of O.J. to the Lakers if that happens. With the PG spot in question, he could come right in and give them immediate production from that spot. Plus it would bold well once Bean decides to hang it up.

Joe Johnson, albeit a bit of an underachiever, would bold well imo in NJ and would do wonders in trying to keep Deron Williams.

No way Nash is going to the Raptors. Sure he may not care about winning as much as many think, but he still wants to be competitive. NY or PHX is how I'm calling that play.
son

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Oh and guys, just for laughs, The Suns right now are asking for Shumpert in the deal. It just may end up being Fields if the sign and trade happens. but I heard they asked at one point for both and Shumpert is the starting point.

That will never happen.

of course it wont happen.

If Knicks pull this off im happy but things never got well for the Knicks soooo
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

How is Phx a better/more competitive roster than Tor? They have the worst roster in the Pacific Division.

Originally Posted by PMatic

@sam_amick First the Perry Jones "gamble," now Hasheem Thabeet? Source says Oklahoma City is the most likely landing spot

At 28, he wasn't a gamble. And I still think Thabeet has a chance to help a team defensively. So we can bring him, lose Nazr who is a FA and 40yrs old anyways, I don't see the harm as long it's a deal that is under 2 yrs. We have a culture of player development and hard workers here, so it should help him reach some of his untapped potential.

And if Serge takes Hakeem up on his offer to work with him for a few days, I don't see the harm.

Lakers, Nets, Rockets discuss potential Dwight Howard trade with Magic

The Los Angeles Lakers and Orlando Magic have had preliminary contact about a possible deal for All-Star center Dwight Howard, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Orlando officials are willing to discuss trades for Howard, and the Lakers have been one of the teams in touch with them over the weekend, sources said. The Brooklyn Nets and Houston Rockets have also talked to Magic officials, sources said.

While the Lakers have yet to make a direct offer, there's no scenario where Orlando would move Howard to the Lakers without getting back Andrew Bynum, L.A.'s 24-year-old All-Star center. Pau Gasol wouldn't fit the Magic's desires to rebuild with young players and draft picks.

The Lakers had been willing to part with Bynum for Howard in March, but those talks ended when Howard decided to decline his early termination option and remain under contract through the 2012-13 season.

The Magic reached out to teams Saturday and told them that they’ll discuss proposals about moving Howard, sources said.

Howard and his agent, Dan Fegan, have repeatedly told the Magic in recent weeks that Howard wants to be moved, and that his preferred destination of the Brooklyn Nets hasn’t changed, sources said.+

Nevertheless, time is running out for Howard to be traded to Brooklyn because Nets general manager Billy King has begun to aggressively explore deals for players like Joe Johnson, Luis Scola and O.J. Mayo in an attempt to surround free-agent point guard Deron Williams with more talent. Williams is choosing between the Nets and Dallas Mavericks and could make a decision in the next several days.

Sources say Williams' patience with waiting for Howard to eventually come to Brooklyn is wearing out, and that he’s likely to make his decision whether to accept the Nets' five-year, $100 million contract offer devoid of Howard as a factor.

The Nets have already reached agreement with Gerald Wallace on a four-year, $40 million deal and are working to re-sign Brook Lopez, another of their free agents. Their salary cap will be too congested to sign Howard as a free agent next summer. For now, Brooklyn could include Lopez in a sign-and-trade with young players and future draft picks for Howard, but the Nets probably can’t construct the most attractive package for Orlando.

The Houston Rockets remain determined to try to land Howard, and have several young players to offer as part of a package.

Link

Well, Nash is apparently eager to meet with Dallas, but understands they want Deron more.

Unless Cuban completely lowballs Steve, I can see Nash coming back for one last hurrah with Dirk. Those two are as close as players can be.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Better than a 22 win team? They're only marginally better if they don't trade for Dwight, in my opinion.

I personally thought the Nets were better than their record indicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom