Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn when did I miss Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace turn into bums? Joe Johnson is the third best SG in the league and has been an All Star for like 5-6 straight years, Wallace is an awesome 4th/5th option that will play his #%+ off, Deron Williams is a top 3 point guard in the league, Lopez is a top 5 center and Humphries is one of the best rebounders in the league. @%$% a contract, the Nets just got really good regardless of if they get Dwight. The Heat can't add a damn thing besides minimum salary guys for as long as they keep their big three together and the Knicks are in the same boat with Melo and Amare's awful contract. The hate is strong.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Damn when did I miss Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace turn into bums? Joe Johnson is the third best SG in the league and has been an All Star for like 5-6 straight years, Wallace is an awesome 4th/5th option that will play his #%+ off, Deron Williams is a top 3 point guard in the league, Lopez is a top 5 center and Humphries is one of the best rebounders in the league. @%$% a contract, the Nets just got really good regardless of if they get Dwight. The Heat can't add a damn thing besides minimum salary guys for as long as they keep their big three together and the Knicks are in the same boat with Melo and Amare's awful contract. The hate is strong.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

We're talking about the same Kobe that flat out quit on a team in Game 7 of a playoff series, right?

grin.gif
Uhhhh yea guy, don't go there
laugh.gif

Oh and to top it off...unlike the Heat and Knicks, the Nets guys are perfect matches to play with each other. And they have zero Hollywood egos on that squad unlike the Heat and Knicks.

Originally Posted by NooEra

Originally Posted by leemelone

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

SMH what a moron.
Is that your best argument? Basically you're saying Dirk earned the right to take a year off because of the lockout, his weak teammates and the fact that he just won a ring. ONE ring. Kobe had the absolutely worst starting point guard, small forward, and bench in the whole league on top of a lame shooting hand and still led the league in points for 98% of the season. This is after winning 5 championships. Are you seriously trying to tell me Dirk is anywhere near that level? From the horse's mouth "it was hard to get motivated because I already got a ring". Wade put up like 30 a game playing with a goofball like Mike Beasley when he already had a ring. We all know what Lebron has done with a bunch of bums. KG never takes a possession off let alone a whole season. But Dirk gets a pass? Dirk "deserves" to take a year off because he lost JJ Barea? Are you serious? Dirk is good but he aint no monster like the rest of the guys mentioned. Period.
Did Dirk really say that ?
laugh.gif

I cant lie, i cant picture Kobe or KG ever spewing such nonsense. Dirk should be ashamed.
Dirk really did say that
laugh.gif
 I was shocked too when I heard that in the middle of the season.
And Gerald Wallace definitely isn't a bum, he's just not a 40 million guy on a team trying to lure both Howard and Deron Williams. That Extra 16+ mill for that other year could be used to pay Kris Humphries & Gerald Green, or 1 of either. JJohnson...as good as a player he is, everybody knows his contract is highway robbery.

Gerald Wallace is about to hit 30 and has declined the past two seasons after a career season in 2010.

I don't know, man.

Originally Posted by DubA169

I can't understand why people are sleeping on dirk. He got fat, out of shape, and went on a bender.

Which he deserved. It was one lock out season after winning the ultimate prize in epic fashion. He will be much better next year.

Cuban losing Tyson is questionable tho

Mark Cuban: "Hey dirk, we just won a title and I wanted to let you know we're going to punt the lockout year in hopes of having money to sign a superstar next offseason instead of signing Barea and Chandler to deals they'll likely never live up to! But we're gonna get you Lamar Odom, Vince Carter, and Delonte West! How's that sound? Let's go to war!"

Yeah, I'd be worried about a bit of a dip during a shortened season that clearly meant nothing to the entire organization.

My fault guys. I don't know what I was thinking. You guys are absolutely right. Instead of being critical of Dirk I should be making excuses for him. I mean who can find the motivation to play your best after finally getting that one ring and shedding that soft label. He "deserves" to go back to being soft. I mean Cuban let Barea walk! What better excuse do you need to take the season off. I mean nobody's paying attention anyway they are all too busy hating Lebron thanks to Dirk's legendary Finals performance and going on to represent his country in the summer games. He is way more of a competitor than Kobe Wade Lebron and KG combined. Now Lamar Odom, that guy's a bum! He has no heart! You're getting paid to play for the world champions you better show some effort before you get cut mister! Man I can't stand that guy...what a pansy! Whew I'm glad you guys helped me see the greatness of Dirk with such compelling arguments. Dirk is awesome he shot 46% last year! Thanks guys

Luis Scola's agent said there's been talks between Houston and LA, and they would welcome a trade to LA..

lol smh at mark cuban.

how are you gonna miss a meeting with deron williams to tape a showing for shark tank.

for sure williams wont sign there. he cant even get the owner and the star of the team to recruit him.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

lol smh at mark cuban.

how are you gonna miss a meeting with deron williams to tape a showing for shark tank.

for sure williams wont sign there. he cant even get the owner and the star of the team to recruit him.

#thinkingtoomuch

lol smh at mark cuban.

#thinkingtoomuch

Maybe they don't want Deron and his krispy kreme diet.

Oh and to top it off...unlike the Heat and Knicks, the Nets guys are perfect matches to play with each other. And they have zero Hollywood egos on that squad unlike the Heat and Knicks.
roll.gif
... the big 3 cant play together? did you forget what happened a couple weeks ago?

Originally Posted by AG 47

lol smh at mark cuban.

#thinkingtoomuch

Maybe they don't want Deron and his krispy kreme diet.

your right, they dont want a top 2 PG in the L...

whos your PG?

Dirk isn't a monster like those others? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You gotta be kidding me. So it's all about numbers and stats? The guy took two teams to the Finals, including one that had Adrian Griffin and Desagana Diop in the starting lineup, and yet he shouldn't be put in the same category as a KG, Wade, etc. who couldn't even sniff the Finals without having other elite players around them.

You can read into quotes all you want, Dirk is an honest guy, that's why he's not ashamed to admit that it was tough to get motivated early in this season but that doesn't mean he doesn't have any drive or motivation. I've watched him for 10+ years, I know he's as competitive as anyone in the league, that's why he's got that "it" factor that allows himself to raise his game in big moments...the it factor that separates true #1 scorers/franchise players from just someone who can put up 20 ppg. If Dirk really didn't care then he would've been just happy chilling in the NBA and finishing his career out after 2007. But instead he got better and worked on his post-up game so teams couldn't guard him like Miami and GS did and he became the high post monster he's known for now.

Joe Johnson 3rd best SG in the league? 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Brook Lopez Top 5 center? 
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Only statements you made above that make sense and I can agree with are the ones about D-Will's ranking as a PG and Gerald Wallace being a great 4th/5th option.

You are referring to the same Brook Lopez who as a 7 footer that averaged 5-6 rebs a gm his last full season right?
roll.gif

If he was top 5 center, he should get 5-6 rebounds by accident; not for a whole game. 

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by franchise3

Luis Scola's agent said there's been talks between Houston and LA, and they would welcome a trade to LA..
This better be part of some 3 team deal.
As much as I don't what Pau on the Rockets, I wouldn't even be mad at a Scola for Pau straight up trade
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But something like Lowry, Patterson, Lamb, White, and 2 1st round picks for Pau (which is more than likely the type of knife in the stomach trade they're looking for) makes me wanna vomit.

Buc em is just mad that he cant *+!+ on the knicks more by saying nets got deron and dight. Just own it

maybe cubes doesnt need to visit dwill cuz the deal been in the books for months now.

Nets aint really that good guys get off the gas.

Crash Tanks games all the time , and is fragile .

Johnson has a massive contract and has hit the twilight of his carrier. No way he is top 5 in the L right now . .. id say top 15.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by franchise3

This better be part of some 3 team deal.
As much as I don't what Pau on the Rockets, I wouldn't even be mad at a Scola for Pau straight up trade
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But something like Lowry, Patterson, Lamb, White, and 2 1st round picks for Pau (which is more than likely the type of knife in the stomach trade they're looking for) makes me wanna vomit.

I pray that no one, including the rockets bail out the lakers and give them a bunch for Pau

Oh and to top it off... The Heat just won a title with the players you mentioned above and The Knicks will still be better... Next

They said Brooklyn is done with the Dwight talks.

But how can that be? If they resign Lopez Like I think they are, that would be enough for a straight up Lopez/Dwight Trade isn't it?

I really hope DW stays. If he does, that's a great squad. If not....

Oh.

Brook Lopez just turned 24, has career averages of 17 points 8 boards and 2 blocks a game to go along with 80 % free throw shooting and 50 fg %.

I think he'll be just fine with Crash and Hump attacking the glass.

And who's the third best SG in the league?.....do not tell me James Harden, Manu or Eric Gordon.

* looks at sig....sees DALLAS MAVERICKS *

I get it now.

Originally Posted by MMG

I don't know about all these individual rankings but I like what I see with Deron running the show. This team can score with the best of 'em. Defense is the obvious question mark. Rebounding should be ok, maybe above average. I think this could be a 50 win team. The Hawks, a team another user compared talent-wise to the potential 12-13 Nets, went 53-29 in 09-10. And I think this team is better than the Hawks because of D-Will. If the Nets keep DWill, Humphries and possible add another piece with the MLE, I think that's a reasonable goal. I like Deron Williams as much as any PG not named Chris Paul and this will be his most talented team. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom