Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys have good rookie years all the time than dissapear from sight.  He was also 23 as a rookie, I don't know but I would think that prolly helped a little but.  Your looking solely at his stats and not realizing that his first year numbers were a mirage.  He was also in a draft class that has been very underwhelming especially when you exclude the big men.  He can't dribble, he can't drive, he can't shoot.  Why would you give a SG who does none of those things 20 million dollars.  Might as well sign James White.

How much is Corey Brewer going to get this offseason? Cause Corey Brewer is better than Landry Fields.

Al Thornton? He made the all-rookie first team few years back (also because he was liek 23 when he got drafted) how bout him? Does he deserve 20 million. He's not even in the league anymore.

Funniest part about your whole spiel is that why people think Landry is good at (defense) he really isn't even that good at.  JR Played better did than him most of the year.  You can laud his starts which is stupid int he first place especially when you consider his piss-poor production.  Wings are an abundance in this league.  You can find guys off the scrap heaps and sign them to minimum contracts and get likewise production from them like San Antonio has realized.

Originally Posted by RipC

The Fields signing for the Raptors smells just like the Turkoglu signing two years ago. It looks like a decent move on paper, he's going to be extremely underwhelming.

No, I always knew Hedo was garbage.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Guys have good rookie years all the time than dissapear from sight.  He was also 23 as a rookie, I don't know but I would think that prolly helped a little but.  Your looking solely at his stats and not realizing that his first year numbers were a mirage.  He was also in a draft class that has been very underwhelming especially when you exclude the big men.  He can't dribble, he can't drive, he can't shoot.  Why would you give a SG who does none of those things 20 million dollars.  Might as well sign James White.

How much is Corey Brewer going to get this offseason? Cause Corey Brewer is better than Landry Fields.

Al Thornton? He made the all-rookie first team few years back (also because he was liek 23 when he got drafted) how bout him? Does he deserve 20 million. He's not even in the league anymore.

Funniest part about your whole spiel is that why people think Landry is good at (defense) he really isn't even that good at.  JR Played better did than him most of the year.  You can laud his starts which is stupid int he first place especially when you consider his piss-poor production.  Wings are an abundance in this league.  You can find guys off the scrap heaps and sign them to minimum contracts and get likewise production from them like San Antonio has realized.
As for CB, I think he gets around 3/12-15.

Originally Posted by PMatic

toine, last I read (Sunday) Juice was out of the country.

I also read he's interested in signing for more than the MLE, so that narrows it down to a team like the Suns.

Good looks.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by NooEra

Should have known better than to try to discuss basketball with a LeBron stan
laugh.gif

When you get LeBron D out of your mouth maybe this conversation can be continued.
Yeah, I'm a stan. I've admitted this, do I care? No, because I've been proven right. This era of the Boston Celtics are not beating LeBron James post 2010. Again, deal with it. 
I agree, but they have to try right? So far they're putting pieces together to give them options without killing their long-term future. 

Originally Posted by quik1987

The Fields signing for the Raptors smells just like the Turkoglu signing two years ago. It looks like a decent move on paper, he's going to be extremely underwhelming.

Yeah, but that was coming off that Magic Finals run where he hit some big shots, and everyone thought he was going to tear it up. 
eyes.gif

Did Antawn Jamison retire? Surprised his name hasn't come up.

I say AMP and Hank Moody have a one on one game to determine who is truly right.

The winner gets bragging rights.

The loser dies.

Whaddya say?

Oh, and all layups that touch the top of the backboard result in immediate death by firing squad.

it looks bad on paper too 

Originally Posted by dreClark

I say AMP and Hank Moody have a one on one game to determine who is truly right.

The loser dies.

Whaddya say?

Oh, and all layups that touch the top of the backboard result in immediate death by firing squad.
I hate you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

The loser dies.

Whaddya say?

I like this.

Originally Posted by Shox23

it looks bad on paper too 
Exactly.
Fields is one of the worst starting 2 guards I've ever seen play and I've watched almost every one of his games.

His lateral movement is terrible. Not athletic enough to guard 2s and not skilled even to bang with 3s. Terrible jumpshot form and runs from the ball at crunch time.

You can get the his production from the top D-league players. 9/10 points a game, bout 4 irrelevant rebounds and 2 1st quarter assists.

Thanks Toronto 
laugh.gif

Also, I'm still getting used to the fact that Fab Melo is going to be our starting center next season 
indifferent.gif
 I wish we had the payroll for a decent center, but alas, with Roy Hibbert getting max money, it's not happening.
Raptors making terrible roster decisions as usual 
laugh.gif
 giving Fields $20 mil just to get 3 years of 40-year-old Steve Nash, and promptly slide right back into the cellar thereafter.

Fab Melo is startng?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Context:
First off, it's 19M. So the cap hit is 6.33M/year.  Yea, 5% less matters. Also, remember that the bloated final year would be a savory trade chip if Fields doesn't pan out. That matters.  Furthermore, I already said his market value was around 5M. Landry Fields' qualifying offer was 2.7M/year. That was his floor before going out on the open market. I'm sure he would have received around 3/15M. So the Raptors paid around 1.5M more and much of that can be attributed to Fields' RFA status and the one-time bid environment that goes along with that, and Steve Nash's status. That's reasonable to me. 
You went from saying Fields is only worth a minimum contract to now 3M/year. Now, Corey Brewer, who has been in the league for far longer and shown far less, is a better player. You bring up what a player can't do on offense and then bring up Corey Brewer? Doesn't make any sense. Plus, Fields can still improve. He's 24. It was his second year. There has been no team with more roster changes the past two years than the NY Knicks. He was the lone constant in the starting line-up. I don't understand why anyone would close the book on this player. If his first year was a mirage, why couldn't his second year have been one as well?

Danny Green, Gary Neal, and Matt Bonner combined don't make as much as Landry Fields is going to make for the raps and they do THE EXACT SAME THING.

I don't know what to say man...

You guys act like you are doomed to be a poor jump shooter for life. Shooting can be developed.

Let's see if Knicks match before saying anything. Fields can't sign before 7/11

Yeah, but that was coming off that Magic Finals run where he hit some big shots, and everyone thought he was going to tear it up. 
eyes.gif

Did Antawn Jamison retire? Surprised his name hasn't come up.

I posted 2 pages back, that hes going to charlotte, he wants to retire there at his hometown.

You guys act like you are doomed to be a poor jump shooter for life. Shooting can be developed.

YOU DON'T PAY 19 MILLION FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO DEVELOP A SHOOTERS SHOOTING. SHOOTER WHO CAN'T SHOOT = NOT WORTH 19 MILLION. ALSO: SKY IS BLUE.

This is what second round picks are for.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Also, I'm still getting used to the fact that Fab Melo is going to be our starting center next season 
indifferent.gif
 I wish we had the payroll for a decent center, but alas, with Roy Hibbert getting max money, it's not happening.
Raptors making terrible roster decisions as usual 
laugh.gif
 giving Fields $20 mil just to get 3 years of 40-year-old Steve Nash, and promptly slide right back into the cellar thereafter.

Fab Melo is startng?
nerd.gif
I mean, theoretically KG could play the 5 again, but I don't think he wants to do that for another whole season. Melo is the only true center on the roster.

It's Tuesday and still no word on Deron. This guy just can't make up his mind already and announce he's going to stay with the Nets?

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

If it nets the Raptors Nash, would you be amenable to the signing?
I think this whole thing is stupid, and a bad idea but after reaching for Terrence Ross, then reaching for Quincy Acy, on the basis that they fit with Nash. I guess you really have little choice at this point,

Unless Jonas Valcuinas ends up being Tim Duncan, then we will suck in 3 years again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom