Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by John Sterling

Man D-Will and Joe Johnson are as overrated as the entire boro of Brooklyn. Perfect match.

g1341359832417945942.jpg

Are the Nets any better than the Jazz teams that Deron Williams was on before he was traded?

They'll be better - no doubt. However, I can't see them being any more than a 4th seed at best in the East. Might win a playoff series here or there but won't really contend to come out of the East.

nets roster looks decent to me.  could make some noise in the playoffs

dwill, jj, humphries, wallace, lopez
with reggie evans, teletovic, brooks, taylor on the bench and whoever else they fill in

Whether or not Brooklyn is overpaying players, they are still going to be fun to watch next year. If the Russian man wants to spend his money, i say let him do his thing. Why should we complain? 
laugh.gif

The dude is putting together a competitive team, which is something New Jersey hasn't had in a decade. Obviously Miami is the clear favorite still, but if they keep Hump and Lopez they will be a very balanced team...overpaid or not.

I love the Knicks but I have trouble giving money to an organization that spits in its fans faces time after time. They have long had a monopoly on basketball in NY and no longer do. Raising ticket prices unjustly, not talking to the media in 5 years. I've been a mets jets knicks fan my whole life don't talk to me about real fanhood.

Haze made a post in the knock thread that captured my viewpoints as well, as of today I'm still a knick fanbut cheaper tickets that don't our price fans, accountability etc could change that for me. I love basketball far more than I do the knicks.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I love the Knicks but I have trouble giving money to an organization that spits in its fans faces time after time. They have long had a monopoly on basketball in NY and no longer do. Raising ticket prices unjustly, not talking to the media in 5 years. I've been a mets jets knicks fan my whole life don't talk to me about real fanhood.

Haze made a post in the knock thread that captured my viewpoints as well, as of today I'm still a knick fanbut cheaper tickets that don't our price fans, accountability etc could change that for me. I love basketball far more than I do the knicks.

Nah, you ain't a Knick fan. Ignore.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Are the Nets any better than the Jazz teams that Deron Williams was on before he was traded?

They'll be better - no doubt. However, I can't see them being any more than a 4th seed at best in the East. Might win a playoff series here or there but won't really contend to come out of the East.

All anyone wants is a ticket to the dance. 

Did not read.

I understand where you are coming from. Do you man, that doesnt mean join a new bandwagon every year or be a frontrunner...but if being a Nets fan is what will make you happy go for it. There are a lot of people who pretend to be Laker fans when we win, then join other ships when we don't compete (recently), but I personally don't care anymore. It is annoying so I can understand why some would be offended, I used to let it get to me...but recently I just mind my own business and focus on what I enjoy rather than what others do. At the end of the day the people who laugh at you will always put themselves first, so just do what makes you happy because I promise you they ain't all as loyal to everything in life as they act like they are behind the computer screen.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

All anyone wants is a ticket to the dance. 
Yup. As a Nets fan I'll take a competitive team. A 4th seed is better than where we were. And the Nets still aren't done with the roster.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Thank god you guys got d-will other wise you wouldn't be able to lose to Miami in the playoffs.

pimp.gif

Exactly how I feel about the Nets moves thus far.

At worst they're a top 4 seed in the East but I don't think they can beat the Heat or the Celtics for that matter in the playoffs.

Now if they can Dwight, maybe that changes things, but that doesn't seem probable.

So what do the Mavs do now?

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Nah, you ain't a Knick fan. Ignore.

Wow, you really got me there.Your a Yankee fan so I don't take anything you say about fanhood seriously in the first place when you sitting In your stadium surrounded by German tourists and people from Idaho

Code:
No.             Player Pos   Ht  Wt       Birth Date Exp                                    College5        Carlos Boozer F-C  6-9 258 November 20 1981   7                            Duke University9        Ronnie Brewer G-F  6-7 220    March 20 1985   3                     University of Arkansas44      Kyrylo Fesenko   C  7-1 288 December 24 1986   2                                           15     Sundiata Gaines   G  6-1 185    April 18 1986   R                      University of Georgia6       Othyus Jeffers   G  6-5 200    August 5 1985   R              Robert Morris University (IL)47    Andrei Kirilenko   F  6-9 220 February 18 1981   8                                           26         Kyle Korver   F  6-7 210    March 17 1981   6                       Creighton University41        Kosta Koufos   C  7-0 265 February 24 1989   1                      Ohio State University23     Wesley Matthews   G  6-5 220  October 14 1986   R                       Marquette University3          Eric Maynor   G  6-3 175     June 11 1987   R           Virginia Commonwealth University34          C.J. Miles   G  6-6 210    April 18 1987   4                                           24        Paul Millsap   F  6-8 245 February 10 1985   3                  Louisiana Tech University13         Mehmet Okur F-C 6-11 249      May 26 1979   7                                           17        Ronnie Price   G  6-2 190     June 21 1983   4                  Utah Valley State College8       Deron Williams   G  6-3 210     June 26 1984   4 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Code:
Code:
Code:
I say Brooklyn has the potential to be better.

Why do keep asking about where the Nyets are getting this money? Honestly? They are owned by one of the richest people in the world, he wipes his @*# with luxury tax penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom