Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MMG

name me 5 SGs are who better than JJ not named kobe/wade.....

ill wait

Ill prolly get flamed for this and no specific orderMonte ellis, iggy, harden, manu, all I can think right now that I rather have then jj

Originally Posted by DubA169

You don't just turn on a switch and start banging for rebounds. That an internal trait in someone IMO. Same as you don't learn to hustle. It's who you are.

He won't grab 11-12 a game, not with Crash out there getting 6-8 a night himself. But if the Croatian starts then I don't think 8-9 from Brook is unreasonable.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Originally Posted by MMG

ill wait

Ill prolly get flamed for this and no specific orderMonte ellis, iggy, harden, manu, all I can think right now that I rather have then jj

iggys a 3 and Ellie is ehhh .... manu at this point with his age and ill take harden over JJ

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I know it was only 5 games but this 7'0 265 lbs guy averaged 3.6 rebounds
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
oh i'm not defending his rebounding at all
laugh.gif

All i'm saying is his scoring is top notch for bigs

Originally Posted by MMG

ill wait

Ill prolly get flamed for this and no specific orderMonta ellis, iggy, harden, manu, all I can think right now that I rather have then jj
Harden and Monta are the only SGs I'd consider over Joe.  Although Harden isn't better than Joe right now, his ceiling is pretty high.  Manu is too injury prone at this point in his career and is probably the 2nd or 3rd most important player on his team.  Iggy is on the same as level as Joe, being that they aren't dominant #1 options and don't take their teams deep into the playoffs.  Any word on Iggy leaving Philly?

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif
My man completely erased Melodrama from his mind
If Melo is from New York I'm from England.
Ello Govnah
Was gonna be my response
laugh.gif

[h2][/h2]
original.jpg

journalismism

Jul 3, 2012 11:20 PM
rightbar.flame.png
rightbar.comment.png

[h4]Get our top stories[/h4]
[h1]Congratulations, You Are Chris Broussard’s Source[/h1]
avt-small.png
Erik Malinowski

Perpetual late-comer Chris Broussard hasn't had a good evening with his "sources." Earlier this evening, he was comically slow on the news that Deron Williams had re-upped with the Brooklyn Nets to the tune of five years and $100 million. How did we know Williams had agreed to staty with the Nets? Williams tweeted it himself.

Then, just a little while ago, the Phoenix Suns announced they had signed Hornets guard Eric Gordon to a four-year, $58 million offer sheet. How did we all find out? Gordon released a prepared statement:
"After visiting the Suns, the impression the organization made on me was incredible," Gordon said in a prepared statement. "Mr. Sarver, Lon Babby, Lance Blanks, the front office staff and Coach Gentry run a first-class organization, and I strongly feel they are the right franchise for me. Phoenix is just where my heart is now."

That was posted at 7:20 pm Pacific time. This is Broussard seven minutes later, from his iPad:

Six minutes after that, he tweets what is portrayed as a personal note from Gordon:

Hmm. Let's go back and take another look at that prepared statement Gordon released through the Suns:
"After visiting the Suns, the impression the organization made on me was incredible," Gordon said in a prepared statement. "Mr. Sarver, Lon Babby, Lance Blanks, the front office staff and Coach Gentry run a first-class organization, and I strongly feel they are the right franchise for me. Phoenix is just where my heart is now."

If you're looking to Chris Broussard for your "breaking" NBA news, you might as well look elsewhere.

Originally Posted by MMG

ill wait

iggy isnt a SG. replace him with eric gordon.

chris broussard
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

but if orlando takes that deal for D12 evn though doesnt seem likely right now..
how could the nets have enough cap to carry a full roster

Why do I feel like if Joe Johnson wasn't overpaid, people wouldn't be considering these guys better than him? 
laugh.gif

Sure, I would take Harden over him long-term. But, Joe is currently the better player. The same thing with Gordon and with his injury history, I'm not sure if I would want him long-term anyways.

yeah it's hard for people (myself included) to separate Joe Johnson the player with Joe Johson 'the horrible contract'

strictly basketball wise he's a top 4 SG (but with that being said the SG position is awfully weak right now)

Brook has one bad rebounding year but before that he was over 8 rpg. It isn't great but it's not horrific. It's funny how 2 less rebounds COMPLETELY changes the perception of a player. Lopez is no scrub. Hopefully his foot thing is no big deal because he's one of the most offensively gifted bigs in the league period. 

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Why do I feel like if Joe Johnson wasn't overpaid, people wouldn't be considering these guys better than him? 
laugh.gif
Every word of this. Like many have said this brooklyn team is going to be fun to watch

laugh.gif

Sure, I would take Harden over him long-term. But, Joe is currently the better player. The same thing with Gordon and with his injury history, I'm not sure if I would want him long-term anyways.

You act Joe Johnson has been the model of health these last few years.

He's a solid player but that's it. Gimme Gordon over him allday.

laugh.gif

you act like gordon has been the model of health these last few years...

Originally Posted by michael0360

laugh.gif

you act like gordon has been the model of health these last few years...

Neither one of them have and that's my point.

laugh.gif

I'd still take Monta over him 
grin.gif

laugh.gif

since coming into the L in 08-09 Eric Gordon has missed more games than JJ in the same time frame....

Since 03-04 JJ has missed like 50 games.....

Gordon has missed more than double that in 4 years

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
try again

Originally Posted by RipC

The shooting guard position in the NBA right now is in dire straits.

The same with the Center position IMO. Only a handful of fundamentally sound big men left in todays game. 
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

Well, he only missed 6 games last season. Only 24 games over the last 5 seasons. He's been pretty healthy. Gordon has already missed twice as many games as Joe in his 4 year career.
I mean, he missed 57 games in the 11-12 season, 26 games in the 10-11 season, 20 games in the 09-10 season. That's not good when you're only 23 years old. How you've already missed over a 100 games in a 4 year career with 1 season being short? That's terrible. 

What makes Joe Johnson just a "solid" player? So, we consider 19,4 and 4 "solid"? Joe does a little more than just score. He can fill up the stat sheet with rebounds and assists. Also, let's not act like he's a terrible defender. He's at least an average defender and has great size for his position. There aren't many SG's in the league (if any) that will overpower him or have a size advantage.

I'm not even sure why people would take Ellis over Joe. When has Ellis been the no.1 option on a playoff team? People have to realize that Joe was the no.1 option in Atlanta over the last 5 seasons. Did he get to the ECF? No. But, he took them to the 2nd round many times and kept the team relevant each season. IMO, he's in a similar situation Pau was in when in Memphis (except Pau was younger). People criticized Pau in Memphis because he couldn't get his squad out of the 1st round after 3 straight seasons. You put Pau next to an elite player and people start calling him the best PF in the game. Maybe people feel like Deron Williams isn't elite anymore, for whatever reason that may be. But, I feel like Joe will be a lot better with Dwill next to him in the backcourt. 

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

Originally Posted by MMG

ill wait

Ill prolly get flamed for this and no specific orderMonta ellis, iggy, harden, manu, all I can think right now that I rather have then jj
Harden and Monta are the only SGs I'd consider over Joe.  Although Harden isn't better than Joe right now, his ceiling is pretty high.  Manu is too injury prone at this point in his career and is probably the 2nd or 3rd most important player on his team.  Iggy is on the same as level as Joe, being that they aren't dominant #1 options and don't take their teams deep into the playoffs.  Any word on Iggy leaving Philly?
I got two, Kevin Martin and T-Mac.

Originally Posted by MMG

laugh.gif

since coming into the L in 08-09 Eric Gordon has missed more games than JJ in the same time frame....

Since 03-04 JJ has missed like 50 games.....

Gordon has missed more than double that in 4 years

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
try again
it got stuck at the bottom of the last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom