Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Homie pissed
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Imagine if Jonas becomes the next Darko...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

<Nah that dude is the truth.
Pretty sure that's what they said about Darko as well.
Nash might fall apart and turn to dust without the Suns' training staff.

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I can actually give props to the Suns organization for acquiescing to Nash's request to go to a rival just so he could be closer to family. As said on ESPN coverage, he did right by them in his last year with none of that want to be traded talk and made them a lot of money a while back and they honored that. Something rarely seen in this business.

Nash showing Dwight how it's suppose to be done.

Closer to family? Just last week he made it a point to mention he lived in NY in the offseason.

Before that he would have loved to go back home to Canada and play out his career while helping bring up team Canada as their GM.

Now it's being closer to his family? FOH. Just two weeks ago he said he couldn't go and play for the Lakers. "He's too old school". Miss me with that %!$%@@*#. This is more about Sarver being a cheap piece of ##*%.

And while the Lakers will be more exciting now with him for their fans, they still lose to OKC in 5 or 6. Their perimeter defense is terrible Kupchak probably isn't done making moves yet tho.
Have to agree.

"The truth is I'm a bit old school," Nash said in the June 25 interview. "For me, it would be hard to put on a Lakers jersey. That's just the way it is. You play against them so many times in the playoffs, and I just use them as an example, and I have the utmost respect for them and their organization.
"I kind of have that tendency (to try to beat the best teams), so it is strange, but as a free agent you're free to go where you want, so I'd have to consider everything regardless of the past or the future."

http://espn.go.com/los-an...s-lakers-sign-trade-deal

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by bence23

SMH. all suns get is some picks!? IM DISGUSTED

I think the Lakers overpaid by ALOT. The Suns came out pretty good
How the hell did they overpay? Used the trade exception from LO, two late 20s picks and two 50s picks and $3 million in cash for a player who was 2nd in the league in assists and is a top 5 or 7 PG even at age 38. C'mon this was a STEAL by Mitch.

This at least in my opinion secures a conference Finals berth for LA. Pau should EAT this season.

So they traded away a very good player who probably has 2 years left in exchange for 4 pieces that will help them rebuild. The Suns came out VER well imo

Originally Posted by True Blues

I can actually give props to the Suns organization for acquiescing to Nash's request to go to a rival just so he could be closer to family. As said on ESPN coverage, he did right by them in his last year with none of that want to be traded talk and made them a lot of money a while back and they honored that. Something rarely seen in this business.

Closer to family? Just last week he made it a point to mention he lived in NY in the offseason.

Before that he would have loved to go back home to Canada and play out his career while helping bring up team Canada as their GM.

Now it's being closer to his family? FOH. Just two weeks ago he said he couldn't go and play for the Lakers. "He's too old school". Miss me with that %!$%@@*#. This is more about Sarver being a cheap piece of ##*%.

And while the Lakers will be more exciting now with him for their fans, they still lose to OKC in 5 or 6. Their perimeter defense is terrible Kupchak probably isn't done making moves yet tho.
Have to agree.

"The truth is I'm a bit old school," Nash said in the June 25 interview. "For me, it would be hard to put on a Lakers jersey. That's just the way it is. You play against them so many times in the playoffs, and I just use them as an example, and I have the utmost respect for them and their organization.
"I kind of have that tendency (to try to beat the best teams), so it is strange, but as a free agent you're free to go where you want, so I'd have to consider everything regardless of the past or the future."

Did you guys not read the last sentence? 
laugh.gif

How does Steve Nash not "fit in?" One of the best point guards in the L, and one of the greatest shooters of all time won't fit into a team? Stop it. 
No need to hate on this move, as it was clearly a good one. Perhaps not quite on Miami/OKC level yet, but likely there will be follow up moves.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I think the Lakers overpaid by ALOT. The Suns came out pretty good
How the hell did they overpay? Used the trade exception from LO, two late 20s picks and two 50s picks and $3 million in cash for a player who was 2nd in the league in assists and is a top 5 or 7 PG even at age 38. C'mon this was a STEAL by Mitch.

This at least in my opinion secures a conference Finals berth for LA. Pau should EAT this season.

So they traded away a very good player who probably has 2 years left in exchange for 4 pieces that will help them rebuild. The Suns came out VER well imo
Since when has cheap %** $arver ever kept his draft picks, almost guarantee not more than 1 of those will ever be seen a Suns uni. Traded away Rajon Rondo for goodness sakes. He's not going to do anything with those. Still don't understand why you said LA overpaid though, got Nash for nothing.

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

Gordon, Beasley, and Gortat is a solid big 3 but not elite status e.g. Lakers 

i'm very interested in seeing gortat play without nash. seems like he flourishes with nash (as do all players) so it will be interesting to see if he can still put up 15+pts.

also you can't call it a big 3 if one of the players is gortat...thats just...no...

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Have to agree.

Did you guys not read the last sentence? 
laugh.gif

Of course I read the last sentence.
Obviously, I wasn't privy to the negotiations, but it would seem to me that New York was his first choice.

Originally Posted by franchise3

I would like to know the back story to that gif as well.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Search "kesan sucker punch e6 response from MTV g to gent e6 live on kacey Chrysler radio"

Apparently dude didn't even get knocked out. He got rocked but immediately got up and chased after him.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

How does Steve Nash not "fit in?" One of the best point guards in the L, and one of the greatest shooters of all time won't fit into a team? Stop it. 
No need to hate on this move, as it was clearly a good one. Perhaps not quite on Miami/OKC level yet, but likely there will be follow up moves.
You know how it goes. People can't get out of their feelings and since we're talking about the Lakers...you see a bunch of nonsense being spewed.

Of course I read the last sentence.
Obviously, I wasn't privy to the negotiations, but it would seem to me that New York was his first choice.
He was hesitant to join NY because of how far he'd be from family during the season. Same applies to Toronto, even though he's from there and would've been paid $4 mill more each season.

If it was about his family he could've resigned in PHOENIX where they live.

Lakers weren't even in discussions until a day or so ago. Kobe gives him a call, convinces him and he goes to Sarver to ask for the S+T.

It's his decision and has a right to ask out no doubt. He's done a lot for Phoenix. But call it for what it is, hypocrisy.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Suns sign Dragic to four year-$34 million contract.
Well now.

Not the $10M per season he was asking for but have to think Houston won't match, right?

If Houston offers Lin $30M for 4...Knicks most likely match. That leaves the Rockets without any of their prime PG targets and an unhappy Lowry who wants out.

Dragic, Gordon (if NO doesn't match), Beas, 4 draft picks for Nash, Marshall drafted as backup PG...pretty good offseason for the Suns.

His kids live in PHX. Doubt he was gonna uproot them to NY for 3 years and I kinda doubt he'd retire here. He might've sent the whole fam to Tor and finished at home.

All that he has spot in NY, is just that. A summer crib to crash at and have fun while on vacation before training camp starts. I'm just going by what's been said. I only heard that I'm a old school guy talk until he got traded. Son obviously felt he had a better chance to win with Kobe than with Melo. Kobe got the rings to persuade and Lakers have legit big men.

I can't believe Lakers basically got Nash for free. Suns front office are some dummies.

I can't believe Lakers fans aren't use to getting something for nothing by now.

Originally Posted by quik1987

I can't believe Lakers basically got Nash for free. Suns front office are some dummies.
As a Suns fan, I think they did pretty well with an unrestricted free agent. If Nash didn't want to go to NY or Toronto, it kind of limited their options, so I'm glad they got 4 picks.

They could always use those picks in a package for Eric Gordon if needed.

Right now the Mavs are the biggest LOSERS in free agency this summer.

Lost out on D-Will & Nash. Let Jason Terry go to Boston.

Have literally ZERO chance at getting Dwight Howard.

Cuban deserves it for him & Dan Gilbert crying hard enough to David Stern about the CP3 trade to the Lakers that got blocked.

Karma is a BIATCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom