Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmaoo Boston used homegrown players to acquire Ray and Garnett. It's called building up young pieces to acquire stars. We all know how Miami did it
laugh.gif
It's been said a million times.. Miami and Boston's big three are in no way comparable. And as it stands; they're on equal footing in terms of accomplishments. Win another one and come talk to me.

Just put yourself in Ray Allen's shoes . Why go to Miami? It wont help his career, his family, or his legacy. Stay in Boston Ray; where the arena is packed every single night, you are beloved, and your kids can enjoy clean air and a good education. Don't go down to disgusting Miami Florida just for the possibility of a complimentary ring.

Originally Posted by NooEra

Lmaoo Boston used homegrown players to acquire Ray and Garnett. It's called building up young pieces to acquire stars. We all know how Miami did it
laugh.gif
It's been said a million times.. Miami and Boston's big three are in no way comparable. And as it stands; they're on equal footing in terms of accomplishments. Win another one and come talk to me.

Just put yourself in Ray Allen's shoes . Why go to Miami? It wont help his career, his family, or his legacy. Stay in Boston Ray; where the arena is packed every single night, you are beloved, and your kids can enjoy clean air and a good education. Don't go down to disgusting Miami Florida just for the possibility of a complimentary ring.
 I have no idea what im talking about.
fixed

laugh.gif

tumblr_lsgmdvQsN11qzyw6so1_500.jpg

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by PMatic

@JoshuaBRobbins Jameer Nelson and the Orlando Magic have reached an agreement on a new deal, the @orlandosentinel has learned.

roll.gif
My brother is going to be furious at this news..

roll.gif
I swear Jameer is the most underwhelming good PG in the league. Like, what does he do well?

Steve Nash joins the Main Event Mafia. Fantastic. Nash will be the 1st Laker I legit am a fan of since........Gary Payton and Karl Malone.

The Suns are making some pretty nice moves, I like what they're doing. Jared Dudley is still a bum though.

laugh.gif

It's true though . 6 milli in the great city of Boston or 3 milli in the prostitute ridden, garbage filled city of Miami ? It's a no brainer IMO. We'll see what happens though.

laugh.gif

It's true though . 6 milli in the great city of Boston or 3 milli in the prostitute ridden, garbage filled city of Miami ? It's a no brainer IMO. We'll see what happens though.

There are no prostitutes or garbage in Boston. Fact.

Nelson is still pretty damn good though, I dont get why people dont like him. Hes not elite, but he is still in the top half of pg's in the nba

6 million to live in a racist city and play with someone you can't stand on a team that has no chance of winning a ring or 3 mil to play with the best player in the NBA, fill the 2nd biggest need on the team, play for the favorites to win the championship and get to live in miami.

Why would he do it?

Or he can come to L.A.
pimp.gif

Anyone but Crawford
30t6p3b.gif

Wow can't believe Ray Allen is on the verge of leaving Boston to Miami. The Celtics were offering him double the money and he stayed, somewhat surprised. Why would Ray need to ring chase? His home is in Boston. This situation is very odd. After Jason Terry signing it was pretty much settled, Ray does not want back in Boston.

Boston is a racist city yet the Celtics were the first team to start five black players , though.

Take it from someone with firsthand experience; Boston is no longer a racist city moreso than anywhere else. Ive never experienced it like that. Come play hard and people don't give a %+@+ what color your skin is. Racism is everywhere and in everyone fam. Not in Boston more than anywhere else.

There goes that lack of sports knowledge so rampant on NT showing again. Boston has no Chance at winning? Then neither does anyone else because clearly they're the only ones who can give Miami a run for their money.

ray allen hates and despises rondo. That's the only reason i could see leaving. the heat do nothing for his legacy. He doesn't have to ring chase. It's very odd.

I think Jamal Crawford can reallly be a nice piece for a team as long as you take the ball handling responsibilities away from him. He can still fill it up, and would be a great spot up shooter for somebody

Oh yeah he is still the only player in NBA history to score 50 points with 3 different teams, and he has to most 4 point plays in NBA history

Boston is a racist city yet the Celtics were the first team to start five black players , though.

Take it from someone with firsthand experience; Boston is no longer a racist city moreso than anywhere else. Ive never experienced it like that. Come play hard and people don't give a %+@+ what color your skin is. Racism is everywhere and in everyone fam. Not in Boston more than anywhere else.

There goes that lack of sports knowledge so rampant on NT showing again. Boston has no Chance at winning? Then neither does anyone else because clearly they're the only ones who can give Miami a run for their money.

Boston is insanely racist. There's no comparison to Miami.

$100(or more if you want) that the Cetlics don't win it all next year.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at the Nelson signing, at this point just trade D12 to the nets for an autographed copy of the blue print

Originally Posted by erupt107th

$100(or more if you want) that the Cetlics don't win it all next year.

Screen capped and saved

100 beans it is. Don't get banned in the meantime
laugh.gif

And if Ray is really leaving for Miami then $%$% em. Hope ol boy misses every three he takes.

frown.gif

Jason Kidd doing what Jason Kidd does best. Leveraging every situation. Waited for the dust to settle and got 3 years 9 million from the Mavs.

laugh.gif

Boston is racist.

And the Nash deal is alright, but they gotta move those big men and get Dwight.

[h1]Players turn to Olajuwon in offseason[/h1]
666806.jpg

New York Knicks center Tyson Chandler and power forward Amar'e Stoudemire are both enlisting Hakeem Olajuwon's help this summer. (Debby Wong-US PRESSWIRE)

It turned out quite well for LeBron James. Now, some other top NBA players hope it works for them.

Hall of Fame center Hakeem Olajuwon, who tutored James last summer before his regular season and Finals MVP season with Miami, said Saturday that New York big men Amar'e Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler will work out with him in August in the Houston area and he's optimistic of Clippers forward Blake Griffin also enlisting his services.

Olajuwon also said he'll try to get Oklahoma City forward Serge Ibaka in for a summer session and that Denver will be sending three or four big men to work with him, two he anticipates being JaVale McGee and Timofey Mozgov. McGee is a restricted free agent but the Nuggets expect to re-sign him.

"The bottom line is the impact that I see from players (after having worked out with him)," Olajuwon said by phone from Amman, Jordan, where he spends half the year, the other half being at his ranch outside Houston, where the workouts are held. "I see how it takes these guys to another level."

Olajuwon has previously worked out with Lakers guard Kobe Bryant and Orlando center Dwight Howard. He tutored James on post and other moves over four days last August, and James has given much credit to Olajuwon for expanding his game before a season in which he won his third MVP and first NBA title.

Olajuwon said the workouts with Stoudemire and Chandler were set up by New York coach Mike Woodson, Olajuwon's Houston teammate from 1988-91. Olajuwon starred with the Rockets from 1984-2001.

Stoudemire is coming off a trying season with the Knicks, his scoring average having fallen from 25.3 to 17.5. But Olajuwon believes he can take Stoudemire's game to another level.

"He's comfortable facing up now," Olajuwon said of Stoudemire, a Lake Wales, Fla., native who makes his offseason home in Southwest Ranches, just north of Miami. "So, I'm going to expand all his face-up moves, and I'm going to teach other moves to him, and post-ups. So he can see that he will have more offensive skills… So, all of a sudden, he'll go from one or two moves to up to 20 moves."

Olajuwon, who has met Stoudemire a few times, said the priority will be work on the court. But Olajuwon, known for his calm demeanor, believes if a comfortable relationship is cultivated, his tips could expand to other aspects of Stoudemire's life.

Olajuwon was asked if perhaps he could help Stoudemire's temperament. An upset Stoudemire bashed his hand on the glass surrounding a fire extinguisher following a lopsided loss at Miami in Game 2 of the first round of last spring's playoffs. The injury knocked him out of Game 3 and hampered him for Games 4 and 5 in the 4-1 loss to the Heat.

"First of all, you just try to see his frame of mind at the time and you try to understand where he was coming from," Olajuwon said. "With the players that come in, I don't want to be judgmental. I want them to be very comfortable and be themselves… If you gain their trust and respect, then they will take advice… But the priority is the work on the court."

Olajuwon also believes he can expand the offensive game of Chandler, who doesn't have much of one. Chandler, the NBA Defensive Player of the Year, averaged 11.3 points last season, the second-best mark of his career.

"I look at Chandler, and he's a good finisher," Olajuwon said. "He has a great work ethic and he has the timing to catch lobs. So he already shows his agility right now. So we're going to put moves with that agility."

The workout with Stoudemire and Chandler will be in late August because that's when Chandler is expected to be back after likely playing for Team USA in the Olympics. Around that time, Stoudemire is hopeful of also having a session with Griffin, who also could play in the Olympics.

Olajuwon said there was talk with Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro about bringing Griffin in last year but it didn't work out due to the NBA lockout. But Olajuwon is optimistic about being able to tutor Griffin this offseason.

"He needs it so bad because he has tremendous talent and his skills are so good," Olajuwon said. "So you give him opportunities and you give him ways to do that. It would be amazing what he could do with all the skills and talent (Griffin has)… You saw in the playoffs, most of his points were more opportunity baskets. With the talent he has, I know it will be easy for him to be a different player."

Olajuwon also wants to bring in Ibaka, runner-up for Defensive Player of the Year. Olajuwon plans to contact Thunder coach Scott Brooks, once his teammate in Houston, to stress the importance of Ibaka having a session.

"He needs it," said Olajuwon, who believes the athletic Ibaka has the ability to be a much better offensive player.

Sessions with Olajuwon run three or four days. Although he worked with James for a charitable donation, Olajuwon is usually compensated, with a player's team covering a cost he wouldn't reveal.

Olajuwon, who was named MVP in 1994 and won titles with the Rockets in 1994 and 1995, is well versed in teaching post moves, but he stressed there's so much more to his sessions.

"It's not just the low-post game, it's working on a scoring mentality," said Olajuwon, who does the teaching although he's assisted by some workout partners. "We work on face-ups… It's not the same moves taught for every player. You look at every player and you see what their comfort level is and then you expand from that comfort level… What I like is that you see a different player the next season. I want to see an instant impact."

One thing is for sure. There have been no complaints from James about the impact Olajuwon had on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom