Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had a middling playoff team and needed a pg to play all season for a chance to win a championship, Rondo would be 5th on my list

CP3
DWill
Rose
Nash
Rondo - slightly ahead of Russ

No one is saying Rondo can shoot though. Were saying DESPITE his lack of shooting ability he is STiLL a top PG. His FG% is still straight and his team is always in contention. What hve Chris Paul and DWill ever accomplished in the NBA? Nada.

No one is saying Rondo can shoot though. Were saying DESPITE his lack of shooting ability he is STiLL a top PG. His FG% is still straight and his team is always in contention. What hve Chris Paul and DWill ever accomplished in the NBA? Nada.

This is why people can't take you serious. Just like JD said...dudes are always on extreme opposite ends. Never any middle ground

Claiming CP3 and D-Will have never "accomplished anything in the NBA" is silly.

Has Mario Chalmers "accomplished" more than them too because he was a starter and a solid contributor for a championship team?

Again, I said average, slightly above average at best.

This is why people can't take you serious. Just like JD said...dudes are always on extreme opposite ends. Never any middle ground
Claiming CP3 and D-Will have never "accomplished anything in the NBA" is silly.
Has Mario Chalmers "accomplished" more than them too because he was a starter and a solid contributor for a championship team?

Im not worried about people taking me seriously because none of what im saying isnt true. Its real life **** .
And im Not talking about just the ring , though. Im talking about showing up whn it matters. When has Chris Paul or Dwill ever dropped a triple double in a conference finals Game ? How about a playoff game ? Probably never. Just look at this year alone. Rondo put his team on his back and got them to game 7 of the ECF while DWill and CP3 were on the golf course. Rondo has had a better career and shined brighter inthe bigger moments than both of those guys, period. Am i wrong ?

.And i love these dudes busting out statistics and **** :lol: Fam not everything can be measured by a statistic. Rondo does more dope **** on the court that some nerd with a calculator could ever interpret and post online . Thats what yall dont undersand because you dont watch him. Its like watchinf a magician the way dude has the ball on a yoyo. Yall know Rondo has bigger hands than LBJ ? Thats why that rock looks damn near glued to his hand which allow him to leave defenders looking silly on the regular.

Keep being blind and thinking numbers can truly break down someones game. Let the people who are well versed in basketball talk basketball and you mathematicians can talk about how Ramon Sessions is better than Rondo because he hits the 12 footer more consistently. Disgusting.

Rondo is average tho? :wow: Even I can't rock with that :lol: :smh:

Dude is easily a top 3 PG

CP3
DWill
Rondo

DWill and CP3 didn't have KG, Pierce, and Ray on their teams though. They'd have rings, triple dubs in finals and conference finals and all that if they were on their teams. Stop all that fabricating reality talk. You not saying real life ****. You're distorting the argument so you can prop up one player.

Nobody needs stats to see Rondo is a below average shooter. As far as despite that he is a good pg but it's crazy to say you can put him on any team and expect equal or comparable output to DWill or CP3. So with that in mind he's not better than either of those two and he couldn't do for the Bulls what Rose does for them either.

Last edited:
So is Batum going to give 110% every time or is he coasting until his contract expires? Dude seriously did not want to be a Blazer, probably scared of the inevitable injury.

CP3

DWill/Rondo 

Rose/Westbrook/Nash/Parker

However, I think Deron Williams is about to have a monster year and "the debate" will have merit again

EDIT: The stats posted have merit but there is a lot more to PG play than scoring and shooting. A lot more. Yes Rondo is a terrible shooter but what about  defense, passing, hustle, rebounding, low turnovers, ability to control the tempo, able to play at different paces, durability, etc.?

Last edited:
What is this 1 2A 2B 3A 3B 3C ranking y'all messing with.

Just to add more fuel to the fire

Last edited:
Thats stupid. If you're gonna bother with ranking players at all, have a clear cut 1-5

Last edited:
Its not stupid, its a more fair assessment.

If player A is clearly superior to the rest, his own tier signifies that. If players B, C, D, are all great but have different faults, then placing them in the 2nd tier shows that rather than arguing B's poor FG% is less important than C's turnovers or D's better assist numbers don't outweigh B and C's better rebounds or scoring (for example).

It makes distinctions in players but doesn't get bogged down in debate over one being directly above/below another.. Which can be difficult to agree upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom