OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

Steve Kerr is a funny dude

x 2....
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Suns Still Trying To Trade Amare To Memphis
Feb 19, 2009 10:20 AM EST

The Suns and Grizzlies were still discussing an Amare Stoudemire trade on Wednesday.

Phoenix was trying to acquire Rudy Gay, Hakim Warrick, Mike Conley and a 2009 first-round pick for Stoudemire.

Memphis declined the Suns' attempts again.

Via Commercial Appeal

Phoenix Suns, Memphis Grizzlies

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets
[memphis]
roll.gif
[/memphis]
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

I guess the Suns were thinking since the Pau trade that they could just rip us off. Even though, the Pau trade really wasn't a rip off since more and moreteams are starting to trade all-star caliber players for worse crap than what Memphis got back.

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Suns Still Trying To Trade Amare To Memphis
Feb 19, 2009 10:20 AM EST

The Suns and Grizzlies were still discussing an Amare Stoudemire trade on Wednesday.

Phoenix was trying to acquire Rudy Gay, Hakim Warrick, Mike Conley and a 2009 first-round pick for Stoudemire.

Memphis declined the Suns' attempts again.

Via Commercial Appeal

Phoenix Suns, Memphis Grizzlies

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets
[memphis]
roll.gif
[/memphis]
Steve Kerr FTL.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AirWing03

Why would you want to keep Hinrich over Ben Gordon if youre a Bulls fan? that doesnt make sense...but with about four hours left (my time) i hope something important gets done.and as a critic of the Chandler trade, im happy it didnt go through. i think if and when he gets healthy, he'll make them better than Joe Smith and Wilcox.
why wouldnt you? (although im no bulls fan) hinrich does well playing off the bench, backing up rose. gordon is going to want big $ after thisseason, and salmon can easily replace BG's role in the starting lineup.

Can you even imagine.......

POSTED: Feb. 19 -- 11:15 a.m.

Chad Ford: The Cleveland Cavaliers continue to work the phones. They really seem set on finding a 4 and have tried prying away everyone from Amare Stoudemire to Antawn Jamison to Marcus Camby. So far the Cavs are coming up empty. They did talk with the Bucks about Richard Jefferson yesterday, but Jefferson wouldn't fit a need the same way Stoudemire or Jamison would.

All of this makes me wonder, would the Cavs consider making an offer for Carlos Boozer?

Boozer, you might remember, burned the franchise in 2004 when he convinced ownership to let him go into free agency. The plan was for the Cavs to re-sign him to a mid-level deal. But when Utah offered him much more money, he broke a promise and ran. He's been public enemy No. 1 in Cleveland ever since.

But when he's healthy, he's one of the best 4s in the league, and from what I'm told, he's available. Boozer can opt out of his contract this summer, but chances are that he won't, as he tries to get 100 percent healthy and looks forward to free agency in 2010. Therefore, the Jazz have some incentive to let Boozer go now. Paul Millsap is a free agent this summer too, and the Jazz can't afford to pay both of them if they want to avoid the luxury tax.

Boozer would be a great fit in Cleveland if healthy. I think all of the hurt feelings would be smoothed over pretty quickly if he helped Cleveland win a title. He's hasn't played since mid-November with a knee injury but is nearing a return. It would be a low-risk move for the Cavs and would save the Jazz some serious money.

Salmons doesnt deserve to replace Ben Gordon in the starting line-up. that's idiotic.
The Bulls could have gotten a better big man than Brad Miller. i see him as more of a contributor to a contender than a growing team. The Bulls pretty muchstunted their growth with this and i think they need to make another deal.

they have a lot to work with as far as tradeable players go..if they could get a stud big man(done for saying stud), they would be able to go a lot further. isay trade Hughes, Thabo, a first rounder and Noah for somebody.

Feb 19, 2009 11:58 AM EST
The Cavaliers have offered Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic to the Suns for Shaquille O'Neal, according to sources close to Brian Windhorst.

Cavaliers Want Posey From Hornets?
Feb 19, 2009 9:39 AM EST

The Cavaliers have long been interested in Hornets forward James Posey, who they coveted in free agency last summer.

New Orleans has said all along that they want frontcourt depth in any trade, which is exactly what they received in the rescinded Tyson Chandler trade, but Cleveland doesn't have any spare bigs to deal for Posey.

Via Cleveland Plain Dealer
DO IT.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

The Cavaliers have offered Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic to the Suns for Shaquille O'Neal, according to sources close to Brian Windhorst.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

They better not

SI.com is reporting that the Minnesota Timberwolves have made a move by sending Rashad McCants and Calvin Booth to Sacramento for Bobby Brown and SheldenWilliams.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Big-Z
Shaq
Lebron
Delonte(When he comes back)
Mo

that's serious business right there Inside and Out

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=614
Shaquille O'Neal and LeBron James?

ESPN.com contributor Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting that the Cavs have offered Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic to the Phoenix Suns for O'Neal.

And sources close to the process have confirmed to ESPN.com that the teams are indeed in talks involving O'Neal, which would offer the Suns some of the payroll relief they've been seeking. Because only $1.5 million of Pavlovic's contract is guaranteed next season, Phoenix would slice $5.5 million off of its 2009-10 payroll if it agreed to send Shaq to the Cavs.
It's believed, though, that the Suns are resistant to taking back Wallace and thus trying to convince Cleveland to part with Wally Szczerbiak's $13.8 million expiring contract instead, which would turn this into a huge financial windfall for Phoe

roll.gif
roll.gif

If Shaq lands in Cleveland Boston Fans are going to kill themselves... I would have to give them the edge on coming out the East.

It is my understanding that the discussions are underway to send our Brazilian Blur to Memphis, a team with only $52m on the books which allows them to takeThe Blur and not have to send back any players at all. You heard that right. We could trade Leandro for a 2nd round pick and that's exactly what mighthappen.

Originally Posted by AirWing03

Salmons doesnt deserve to replace Ben Gordon in the starting line-up. that's idiotic.
The Bulls could have gotten a better big man than Brad Miller. i see him as more of a contributor to a contender than a growing team. The Bulls pretty much stunted their growth with this and i think they need to make another deal.

they have a lot to work with as far as tradeable players go..if they could get a stud big man(done for saying stud), they would be able to go a lot further. i say trade Hughes, Thabo, a first rounder and Noah for somebody.
idiotic? how so.
you make it sound easy to get rid of hughes contract. what kind of team would take your "garbage" for studs?

Back
Top Bottom