Official NBA2K12 Thread Vol: CODE FOR JORDAN SHOES IS..........23

So they didn't change the color blocking on the Jordan's ? I guess ill never be able to rock Flint XIII's
30t6p3b.gif

[h2]
[h2]NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #11- Audio[/h2]

by NBA 2K on Friday, September 23, 2011 at 10:16am

Hey everyone,

Joel Simmons, Audio Director, here with the newest Developer Insight. I want to give you a rundown of all the new additions to Audio in NBA 2K12. Let’s get into it:

3-Man Booth with Steve Kerr

It’s been a great year, filled with major upgrades to the audio in NBA 2K12.   As many of you know, we’ve added 5-time NBA Champion and long-time analyst Steve Kerr, to our broadcast booth.  Steve brings a wealth of basketball knowledge and creates a great chemistry and balance with Kevin Harlan and Clark Kellogg.  This is our biggest year ever in the franchise in terms of new dialogue, more than doubling the amount of new content that was introduced in 2K11.

As with a real-life 3-man booth, the sports video game equivalent is much more flexible and dynamic with the ability to deliver various combinations of two-man and three-man commentary exchanges.  It also goes a long way to eliminate the predictability of a typical 2-man booth where following a play-by-play call, you’ll always expect to hear a comment by the same color analyst after each play.  Having a 3-man booth also enables each color analyst to fully contribute their unique insight on trends within the game; both Steve and Clark have side-by-side content where they each start their own thought on a topic, followed up by the other analyst.  This allows them to agree or disagree, as well as choose to expand on a topic as best fits the situation.

PLAY 3-MAN BOOTH AUDIO CLIP HERE

Within the context of your Association or NBA Today in NBA 2K12, you’ll notice that you’re not just hearing last year’s content split between Clark or Steve, but instead hearing complete coverage of the analysis. This brings a new dynamic to the broadcast experience, and opens the door for even deeper systems that push the boundary of sports dialogue presentation.

All New Color Commentary

One of our top priorities for 2K12 was to completely revamp our color commentary.  Adding Steve Kerr was the perfect catalyst to make broad changes across all color.  Clark Kellogg’s dialogue has been redone for 2K12- and in a big way. In addition to tens of thousands of new lines, nearly all of the existing lines (97 %+) have been re-tooled into a new 3-man commentary AI. 

Click here for high resolution

One of our primary considerations in 2K12 was to avoid re-recording the same line-types with new writing. Instead, we wanted to fundamentally change how the existing systems worked, while adding new ones.  We also expanded coverage for hundreds of areas where variety and detailed analysis was lacking in prior years.  For example, as you take your team through the season, one of the early-game analysis segments may discuss the fact you’re playing in the second game of a back-to-back.  Prior to 2K12, when this analysis was triggered, only one angle was covered.  For 2K12, this scenario takes into consideration the quality of the season to this point and whether the game was won or lost last night.  This is just one example of hundreds of areas that have received a complete color analysis overhaul.  We’ve taken this type of approach with nearly every area of color commentary and we’re really excited about the new direction for deepening the realism brought to each game of NBA 2K12.  

PLAY NEW COLOR CLIP HERE

Another couple areas that received a lot of focus this year are clutch moments and late game analysis.  New content from Kevin Harlan really adds to the intensity of big moments down the stretch, with his signature high-energy play-by-play calls: an area we had wanted to expand on for quite some time.   The new late-game play-by-play calls, combined with the brand new color commentary, help make the big moments in games feel much more authentic. 

PLAY LATE GAME CLIP HERE

Greatest Players Mode

Undoubtedly one of the most exciting areas for dialogue this year is the “NBA’s Greatest
[/h2]

[h2]
[h2]NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #11- Audio[/h2]

by NBA 2K on Friday, September 23, 2011 at 10:16am

Hey everyone,

Joel Simmons, Audio Director, here with the newest Developer Insight. I want to give you a rundown of all the new additions to Audio in NBA 2K12. Let’s get into it:

3-Man Booth with Steve Kerr

It’s been a great year, filled with major upgrades to the audio in NBA 2K12.   As many of you know, we’ve added 5-time NBA Champion and long-time analyst Steve Kerr, to our broadcast booth.  Steve brings a wealth of basketball knowledge and creates a great chemistry and balance with Kevin Harlan and Clark Kellogg.  This is our biggest year ever in the franchise in terms of new dialogue, more than doubling the amount of new content that was introduced in 2K11.

As with a real-life 3-man booth, the sports video game equivalent is much more flexible and dynamic with the ability to deliver various combinations of two-man and three-man commentary exchanges.  It also goes a long way to eliminate the predictability of a typical 2-man booth where following a play-by-play call, you’ll always expect to hear a comment by the same color analyst after each play.  Having a 3-man booth also enables each color analyst to fully contribute their unique insight on trends within the game; both Steve and Clark have side-by-side content where they each start their own thought on a topic, followed up by the other analyst.  This allows them to agree or disagree, as well as choose to expand on a topic as best fits the situation.

PLAY 3-MAN BOOTH AUDIO CLIP HERE

Within the context of your Association or NBA Today in NBA 2K12, you’ll notice that you’re not just hearing last year’s content split between Clark or Steve, but instead hearing complete coverage of the analysis. This brings a new dynamic to the broadcast experience, and opens the door for even deeper systems that push the boundary of sports dialogue presentation.

All New Color Commentary

One of our top priorities for 2K12 was to completely revamp our color commentary.  Adding Steve Kerr was the perfect catalyst to make broad changes across all color.  Clark Kellogg’s dialogue has been redone for 2K12- and in a big way. In addition to tens of thousands of new lines, nearly all of the existing lines (97 %+) have been re-tooled into a new 3-man commentary AI. 

One of our primary considerations in 2K12 was to avoid re-recording the same line-types with new writing. Instead, we wanted to fundamentally change how the existing systems worked, while adding new ones.  We also expanded coverage for hundreds of areas where variety and detailed analysis was lacking in prior years.  For example, as you take your team through the season, one of the early-game analysis segments may discuss the fact you’re playing in the second game of a back-to-back.  Prior to 2K12, when this analysis was triggered, only one angle was covered.  For 2K12, this scenario takes into consideration the quality of the season to this point and whether the game was won or lost last night.  This is just one example of hundreds of areas that have received a complete color analysis overhaul.  We’ve taken this type of approach with nearly every area of color commentary and we’re really excited about the new direction for deepening the realism brought to each game of NBA 2K12.  

PLAY NEW COLOR CLIP HERE

Another couple areas that received a lot of focus this year are clutch moments and late game analysis.  New content from Kevin Harlan really adds to the intensity of big moments down the stretch, with his signature high-energy play-by-play calls: an area we had wanted to expand on for quite some time.   The new late-game play-by-play calls, combined with the brand new color commentary, help make the big moments in games feel much more authentic. 

PLAY LATE GAME CLIP HERE

Greatest Players Mode

Undoubtedly one of the most exciting areas for dialogue this year is the “NBA’s Greatest
[/h2]

my homies already have the game smh...
somebody stole my 360 back at school...so no point of me copping it....yes i'm jealous

somebody stole my 360 back at school...so no point of me copping it....yes i'm jealous

How long does it take Amazon to process the trade-in games for credit
nerd.gif

How long does it take Amazon to process the trade-in games for credit
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dluck8689

lies.

lies.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

lies.

Yea, I just made up a story 
eyes.gif

what ever you say boss lol

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

lies.

Yea, I just made up a story 
eyes.gif

what ever you say boss lol

ps2 maddens >>> nextgen console madden

and 06/05 >>>>>>> any football game.

qb vision was the single greatest addition to madden..more than playmaker..

and they took it away.

another thing...

why is it when someone dosnt like omething about a game, the first response is "oh... you MUST not be that good"?

ps2 maddens >>> nextgen console madden

and 06/05 >>>>>>> any football game.

qb vision was the single greatest addition to madden..more than playmaker..

and they took it away.

another thing...

why is it when someone dosnt like omething about a game, the first response is "oh... you MUST not be that good"?

Back
Top Bottom