Official NBA2K12 Thread Vol: CODE FOR JORDAN SHOES IS..........23

Originally Posted by Freeze

1772373_o.gif
Me too
pimp.gif

I would've liked to have seen the 1999-00 Lakers & Blazers included. That was a crazy West Final, Lakers coming back from 15 down in Game 7 to win; everybody thought they were done. Then the Kobe to Shaq 'oop. And that Jail Blazers squad was tough.

A prime 'Sheed would beast in 2K.

I would've liked to have seen the 1999-00 Lakers & Blazers included. That was a crazy West Final, Lakers coming back from 15 down in Game 7 to win; everybody thought they were done. Then the Kobe to Shaq 'oop. And that Jail Blazers squad was tough.

A prime 'Sheed would beast in 2K.

Online association? Sign me up for the NT league
pimp.gif
just bought a 250gb xbox slim for 200 in preparation of 2k.

Online association? Sign me up for the NT league
pimp.gif
just bought a 250gb xbox slim for 200 in preparation of 2k.

Not sure if it's too late but how hard is it for 2k to add the 01-02 Lakers to the roster ? SMH ?

This game would be best ever made if they add my beloved 3 peat LAkers

Damn it Damn it .

2k you always do a game half ***

Not sure if it's too late but how hard is it for 2k to add the 01-02 Lakers to the roster ? SMH ?

This game would be best ever made if they add my beloved 3 peat LAkers

Damn it Damn it .

2k you always do a game half ***

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

Anyone know any good deals yet?

I know last year I got a $20 coupon when I pre-ordered off Amazon.

dtlr by me sells games now they said 2k will be $50

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

Anyone know any good deals yet?

I know last year I got a $20 coupon when I pre-ordered off Amazon.

dtlr by me sells games now they said 2k will be $50

Yes they included the Kings. Get over it haters.

Anyways, from the trailer it looks like the Kings are playing in Staples center. They probably included that Laker team, and if not, I doubt its that hard to recreate a higher rated, younger Shaq, younger Kobe, younger Fisher, Robert Horry, and that punching bag. It'll probably be a trend this season, especially if the lockout continues. Make the "Legendary" teams downloadable content.

Anyways, from the trailer it looks like the Kings are playing in Staples center. They probably included that Laker team, and if not, I doubt its that hard to recreate a higher rated, younger Shaq, younger Kobe, younger Fisher, Robert Horry, and that punching bag. It'll probably be a trend this season, especially if the lockout continues. Make the "Legendary" teams downloadable content.

Originally Posted by pkballr

Anyways, from the trailer it looks like the Kings are playing in Staples center.
Where? The only Kings footage I see is in Arco, and I don't spot Staples anywhere in the trailer.

Anyways, from the trailer it looks like the Kings are playing in Staples center.
Where? The only Kings footage I see is in Arco, and I don't spot Staples anywhere in the trailer.

I don't think anyone is really hating. It sounds like a lot of people want to play with the Kings, myself included. I think they could've gone 100% and include the 01-02 Lakers to make it even better.
I hope you're right on the DLC but I can see them wanting to save teams for 2K13

I don't think anyone is really hating. It sounds like a lot of people want to play with the Kings, myself included. I think they could've gone 100% and include the 01-02 Lakers to make it even better.
I hope you're right on the DLC but I can see them wanting to save teams for 2K13

But no one is upset about the kings being in the game. Its just a matter of...who are they gonna play from that year? Are they going to be the only 01-02 team in the game? If not, its only logical that their opponents be the La Lakers. And that is an interesting point you made, that very well may happen.

But no one is upset about the kings being in the game. Its just a matter of...who are they gonna play from that year? Are they going to be the only 01-02 team in the game? If not, its only logical that their opponents be the La Lakers. And that is an interesting point you made, that very well may happen.

NBA 2K12 Preview

bullet.gif
  Submitted on: 08/29/2011 by Steve Bartlett

17436.jpg

NBA 2K is built on a foundation of gameplay and presentation elements that become more refined with each new title. The new additions in NBA 2K12 are sure to be welcomed by the basketball purists. But with a special attention being made to star-player mannerisms and animations, signature style may be stronger than ever.

The first improvement NBA 2K players will notice is the overall polish. Menu colors are vibrant, and the main menu highlights NBA players with in-action still photos. These photos blend realism with the fictional NBA 2K world. Beautifully sculpted in-game player models come to life in pregame introductions. Wade and LeBron might be casually holding a Spalding ball, or Dirk and company might be standing in front of the camera with their mean muggin’ game faces on.

The graphical elements during introductions highlight superstar player models with a sponsored backdrop; the overall feel strikes me as a pay-per-view heavyweight bout, showcasing the world’s best in a tale of the tape. It’s a nice platform to show off the improved player faces and also the considerable detail made to the tattoos. Shading and lighting of the tattoos, coupled with the improved skin tones, were things that caught my attention from the start.

Gameplay Elements

NBA 2K12's gameplay feels more refined. I felt more in control than in the past, partly due to less clunkiness in the animations. Moves were tighter and more crisply executed; this makes it easier to branch from one animation to the next. The dribbling attacks happen in a smaller radius on the court, resulting in more control of your athletes in a given space. This will allow moves in the lane or post to be executed in a more precise fashion without unintentionally dribbling into crowded areas on the floor.

The post-up button has been moved to Y/Triangle, which I am not a fan of so far. It just does not feel practical to use your "shot stick" thumb to press the post-up button before returning back to the right stick. The dual-trigger post-up was inherently natural in my opinion because it allowed for a gamer to hold both triggers to initiate the post-up maneuver. From there, you could continue to hold down one of the triggers and initiate into a variety of moves. On the bright side, drop steps were harder to execute with the improved defensive mechanics that allow gamers to cut off certain angles. I was only able to pull off one drop step in my time with the game.

17448.jpg

Beyond that, I was also unable to determine what button the "signature gather" was mapped to now, which tends to be one of my favorite mid-range moves. I was not able to confirm different control schemes, but I’m optimistic last year’s scheme will be an option.

Some other random things I noticed include subtle nuances that have been added for casual dribbles and mannerisms. The game also allows users to add up to 16 plays in a playbook to any particular player on the floor. If Kobe is your guy, he can truly be the focal point now. Another addition I loved was the tweaked in-game coaching strategy mapped to the directional pad. Players can instruct a basic offense to set screens for shooters or to space the floor rather than run specific plays. This allows the game to flow while running a core offensive system on the fly.

NBA’s Greatest

Dr. J steps on the court laced in optical white Star Player high-tops with the bravado of a world-class baller. His history was made, and it is now in the hands of everyone to remake and remix it.

NBA 2K12's Greatest mode is a digital basketball hall of fame featuring playable basketball tales from the greats around every corner. This mode has me beyond excited to play through these classic challenges.

17431.jpg

Each era of the NBA is represented dating back to Mr. Logo himself, Jerry West. Animation sets change between eras, shifting from fundamentals of Cousy to the flash and uptempo hoops of the '70s. In my brief time with Ewing and the Knicks, I was able to witness some hard fouls and the ruggedness of the NBA in this era. However, I do not know yet if it was just this game I was playing, or if it was a purposely installed theme in the game. (One can only hope eras will be presented in the game in such a way.)

The legends are true representations, each with his own personal style. (This game mode is most likely where we will see a ton of new animations.) Julius Erving’s body frame appeared and felt unique to his game. His larger than life wingspan, and his maneuverability in the air allowed him to attack the rim at ease.

Bill Russell’s thin frame provided a skill set to rebound and defend over anybody on the court, with considerable touch around the rim. Cousy has a fundamentally sound dribble game in his uncomfortably tight shorts, and his jumper is basic and technically sound.

17338.jpg

In the old-school Celtics/Lakers game, the Celtics play on old school woodgrain courts with no advertisements in the arena -- just folding tables in place of a scorer’s tables. The commentary had a filter over the voices, authentic to the sounds of the generation.

Final Thoughts

In my short time with NBA 2K12, my excitement level has increased. There seems to have been a focus on distinguishing each player and his skill set, which is a welcomed addition. I hope this focus will lead to more exciting matchups on each end of the floor because it would only enhance the strategies that could be built and executed.

Link

NBA 2K12 Preview

bullet.gif
  Submitted on: 08/29/2011 by Steve Bartlett

17436.jpg

NBA 2K is built on a foundation of gameplay and presentation elements that become more refined with each new title. The new additions in NBA 2K12 are sure to be welcomed by the basketball purists. But with a special attention being made to star-player mannerisms and animations, signature style may be stronger than ever.

The first improvement NBA 2K players will notice is the overall polish. Menu colors are vibrant, and the main menu highlights NBA players with in-action still photos. These photos blend realism with the fictional NBA 2K world. Beautifully sculpted in-game player models come to life in pregame introductions. Wade and LeBron might be casually holding a Spalding ball, or Dirk and company might be standing in front of the camera with their mean muggin’ game faces on.

The graphical elements during introductions highlight superstar player models with a sponsored backdrop; the overall feel strikes me as a pay-per-view heavyweight bout, showcasing the world’s best in a tale of the tape. It’s a nice platform to show off the improved player faces and also the considerable detail made to the tattoos. Shading and lighting of the tattoos, coupled with the improved skin tones, were things that caught my attention from the start.

Gameplay Elements

NBA 2K12's gameplay feels more refined. I felt more in control than in the past, partly due to less clunkiness in the animations. Moves were tighter and more crisply executed; this makes it easier to branch from one animation to the next. The dribbling attacks happen in a smaller radius on the court, resulting in more control of your athletes in a given space. This will allow moves in the lane or post to be executed in a more precise fashion without unintentionally dribbling into crowded areas on the floor.

The post-up button has been moved to Y/Triangle, which I am not a fan of so far. It just does not feel practical to use your "shot stick" thumb to press the post-up button before returning back to the right stick. The dual-trigger post-up was inherently natural in my opinion because it allowed for a gamer to hold both triggers to initiate the post-up maneuver. From there, you could continue to hold down one of the triggers and initiate into a variety of moves. On the bright side, drop steps were harder to execute with the improved defensive mechanics that allow gamers to cut off certain angles. I was only able to pull off one drop step in my time with the game.

17448.jpg

Beyond that, I was also unable to determine what button the "signature gather" was mapped to now, which tends to be one of my favorite mid-range moves. I was not able to confirm different control schemes, but I’m optimistic last year’s scheme will be an option.

Some other random things I noticed include subtle nuances that have been added for casual dribbles and mannerisms. The game also allows users to add up to 16 plays in a playbook to any particular player on the floor. If Kobe is your guy, he can truly be the focal point now. Another addition I loved was the tweaked in-game coaching strategy mapped to the directional pad. Players can instruct a basic offense to set screens for shooters or to space the floor rather than run specific plays. This allows the game to flow while running a core offensive system on the fly.

NBA’s Greatest

Dr. J steps on the court laced in optical white Star Player high-tops with the bravado of a world-class baller. His history was made, and it is now in the hands of everyone to remake and remix it.

NBA 2K12's Greatest mode is a digital basketball hall of fame featuring playable basketball tales from the greats around every corner. This mode has me beyond excited to play through these classic challenges.

17431.jpg

Each era of the NBA is represented dating back to Mr. Logo himself, Jerry West. Animation sets change between eras, shifting from fundamentals of Cousy to the flash and uptempo hoops of the '70s. In my brief time with Ewing and the Knicks, I was able to witness some hard fouls and the ruggedness of the NBA in this era. However, I do not know yet if it was just this game I was playing, or if it was a purposely installed theme in the game. (One can only hope eras will be presented in the game in such a way.)

The legends are true representations, each with his own personal style. (This game mode is most likely where we will see a ton of new animations.) Julius Erving’s body frame appeared and felt unique to his game. His larger than life wingspan, and his maneuverability in the air allowed him to attack the rim at ease.

Bill Russell’s thin frame provided a skill set to rebound and defend over anybody on the court, with considerable touch around the rim. Cousy has a fundamentally sound dribble game in his uncomfortably tight shorts, and his jumper is basic and technically sound.

17338.jpg

In the old-school Celtics/Lakers game, the Celtics play on old school woodgrain courts with no advertisements in the arena -- just folding tables in place of a scorer’s tables. The commentary had a filter over the voices, authentic to the sounds of the generation.

Final Thoughts

In my short time with NBA 2K12, my excitement level has increased. There seems to have been a focus on distinguishing each player and his skill set, which is a welcomed addition. I hope this focus will lead to more exciting matchups on each end of the floor because it would only enhance the strategies that could be built and executed.

Link

I played nba2k11 all weekend; hadn't played it in a while, i forgot how much fun it was. specifically myplayer. i loved that mode so dang much. mainly because i played it the right way. no cheating, half stepping or whatever. i grudged through the bs, practiced and got A's to get those points up. and now my player is the best to ever play the game. faaaaar better than mj, kobe, magic, etc. thats a dope accomplishment. i hope they build on that feeling in this next one. make it more rewarding and worthwhile to accept the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom