Official NCAA Football 12 Thread: Patch #4 Available Nov. 8th Details p. 41

T0INE

formerly toine2983
EA is starting to roll out more details about the game this week, figured I'd make a thread.

Mark Ingraham is the coverboy (Pic Courtesy of Operation Sports)

1303243319-media.jpg

Release date is July 12, 2011

First NCAA 12 Blog:

Welcome Back!

Another season is upon us and the countdown begins.  Over the next 90 days you’ll be hearing about everything we’ve put into NCAA Football 12 and we hope you’ll like what you’re going to see.  It represents months of deep development and the next serious step in innovation that we initiated last year with NCAA Football 11.

I have no major announcements today, but I can say that our focus and fundamental strategy hasn’t changed.  It’s still all about the three key elements I described in my blog last year  “A New Game Plan

EA is starting to roll out more details about the game this week, figured I'd make a thread.

Mark Ingraham is the coverboy (Pic Courtesy of Operation Sports)

1303243319-media.jpg

Release date is July 12, 2011

First NCAA 12 Blog:

Welcome Back!

Another season is upon us and the countdown begins.  Over the next 90 days you’ll be hearing about everything we’ve put into NCAA Football 12 and we hope you’ll like what you’re going to see.  It represents months of deep development and the next serious step in innovation that we initiated last year with NCAA Football 11.

I have no major announcements today, but I can say that our focus and fundamental strategy hasn’t changed.  It’s still all about the three key elements I described in my blog last year  “A New Game Plan

After last years game I told myself I would hold off and not buy a new one.. But the improvements look great and I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and pick it up

It looks great so far

After last years game I told myself I would hold off and not buy a new one.. But the improvements look great and I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and pick it up

It looks great so far

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It looks great so far

Yeah, i haven't bought one of these in a while but buy Madden every year.
Getting this instead of Madden

It looks great so far

Yeah, i haven't bought one of these in a while but buy Madden every year.
Getting this instead of Madden

A few tidbits about the game:

- You can fully customize any teams entrance music
- Bowl patches are now in the game.

Some Alabama screenshots (courtesy of Operation Sports)

1303229620-media.jpg

1303229615-media.jpg
1303229608-media.jpg
1303229602-media.jpg
1303229597-media.jpg
1303229591-media.jpg

A few tidbits about the game:

- You can fully customize any teams entrance music
- Bowl patches are now in the game.

Some Alabama screenshots (courtesy of Operation Sports)

1303229620-media.jpg

1303229615-media.jpg
1303229608-media.jpg
1303229602-media.jpg
1303229597-media.jpg
1303229591-media.jpg

It looks great so far

Yeah the NCAA team has really stepped it up in terms of presentation with the team specific entrances and mascots.

Looks like they're trying real hard to replicate the college atmosphere.

Looking forward to seeing what gameplay improvements they've made.

I hope they got rid of those jet pack linebackers, who jumped 20 feet in the air to knock down passes over the middle.
30t6p3b.gif

It looks great so far

Yeah the NCAA team has really stepped it up in terms of presentation with the team specific entrances and mascots.

Looks like they're trying real hard to replicate the college atmosphere.

Looking forward to seeing what gameplay improvements they've made.

I hope they got rid of those jet pack linebackers, who jumped 20 feet in the air to knock down passes over the middle.
30t6p3b.gif

Some new offensive and defensive plays in NCAA 12:

Check out new offensive and defensive plays coming this year to NCAA Football 12. Each new play includes a screen of the play art, and a brief description as to why it was added to NCAA Football 12.

OFFENSE

Pistol Full House HB Off Tackle: The Pistol Full House aka the Diamond formation was first unveiled last season by Oklahoma State and was later adopted by other teams across the country.  A staple play of the three back pistol set is the HB Off Tackle play.

HBOffTackle.JPG

Pistol Train Tripe Option: Primarily used as a short yardage power set from the Pistol, the Train formation as it’s called by Nevada gives the offensive a variety of ways to attack the defense in short yardage situations.  The Triple Option play is on such play that can be used to attack the defense.

tripleoption.JPG

Shotgun Spread Flex Wk Y-Stick: Another spin on a staple play of the Air Raid offense that’s used by Houston as well as others, Shotgun Spread Flex Wk Y Stick calls for the halfback to motion out of the backfield to the right.  This motion puts him a spot that allows the Y-Stick concept to develop.

ystick.JPG

Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep: Oregon State’s Weak I Normal Fly Sweep has the tightened aligned on the line of scrimmage to the split end side of the formation.  This creates an unbalanced set to the left with extra blockers for the fly sweep.

yoverflysweep.JPG

Shotgun Twin TE Slot PA Slide: This is a play action boot pass that has two deep crossing receivers and one receiver usually a tightened who slides under the line of scrimmage and in the flat.  Oregon likes to use this play once they get near their opponent’s red zone.  They’re usually successful at getting the ball to one of the crossing receivers for a big play.

paslide.JPG

Pistol Spread RNS Switch Smash: Hawaii’s run and shoot offense can now be run from the Pistol formation.  The traditional staples such as RNS Switch Smash can now be found in the new Pistol Spread formation.  Hawaii and SMU’s playbook also features the run and shoot version of Pistol 4WR Trips.

rnsswitchsmash.JPG

I-Form Twin TE Badger Power: A staple of the Wisconsin power running game, I-Form Twin TE Badger Power is a play that combines elements of both a counter and power play.  The Badgers like to send the wing tight end in motion to the weak side and at the snap he becomes the second “puller

Some new offensive and defensive plays in NCAA 12:

Check out new offensive and defensive plays coming this year to NCAA Football 12. Each new play includes a screen of the play art, and a brief description as to why it was added to NCAA Football 12.

OFFENSE

Pistol Full House HB Off Tackle: The Pistol Full House aka the Diamond formation was first unveiled last season by Oklahoma State and was later adopted by other teams across the country.  A staple play of the three back pistol set is the HB Off Tackle play.

HBOffTackle.JPG

Pistol Train Tripe Option: Primarily used as a short yardage power set from the Pistol, the Train formation as it’s called by Nevada gives the offensive a variety of ways to attack the defense in short yardage situations.  The Triple Option play is on such play that can be used to attack the defense.

tripleoption.JPG

Shotgun Spread Flex Wk Y-Stick: Another spin on a staple play of the Air Raid offense that’s used by Houston as well as others, Shotgun Spread Flex Wk Y Stick calls for the halfback to motion out of the backfield to the right.  This motion puts him a spot that allows the Y-Stick concept to develop.

ystick.JPG

Weak I Normal Y Over Fly Sweep: Oregon State’s Weak I Normal Fly Sweep has the tightened aligned on the line of scrimmage to the split end side of the formation.  This creates an unbalanced set to the left with extra blockers for the fly sweep.

yoverflysweep.JPG

Shotgun Twin TE Slot PA Slide: This is a play action boot pass that has two deep crossing receivers and one receiver usually a tightened who slides under the line of scrimmage and in the flat.  Oregon likes to use this play once they get near their opponent’s red zone.  They’re usually successful at getting the ball to one of the crossing receivers for a big play.

paslide.JPG

Pistol Spread RNS Switch Smash: Hawaii’s run and shoot offense can now be run from the Pistol formation.  The traditional staples such as RNS Switch Smash can now be found in the new Pistol Spread formation.  Hawaii and SMU’s playbook also features the run and shoot version of Pistol 4WR Trips.

rnsswitchsmash.JPG

I-Form Twin TE Badger Power: A staple of the Wisconsin power running game, I-Form Twin TE Badger Power is a play that combines elements of both a counter and power play.  The Badgers like to send the wing tight end in motion to the weak side and at the snap he becomes the second “puller

Back
Top Bottom