Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

And while I agree with the quality aspect, the price increases they have implemented do not appear to be a result of increased costs of materials or workers salaries.  If that were the case, as in the past, we would be seeing slight increases, 10-15$ for the USA made shoes.  But no, they are increasing prices drastically, and as other have mentioned, that does not indicate that the increases are a result of simple changes in cost to manufacture the shoes.  Couple with the fact that I can look at a pair of NB 1300 now compared to a pair 2 years ago and find little difference in quality of how it was put together, indicates to me that there is another element outside of just simple increases in product cost at work here.

When I saw the 997 at 260.00, I thought it was a joke, or a mistake.....but no, it's the real deal :frown:

I do understand $10-15 price increases due to inflation, increased cost of insurance premiums and other overhead costs that NB may have incurred that may have caused those price increases over 2 years. But what I do I know, I haven't looked at their financials.

Now this 997 pair at $260, I 100% agree that the price hike for those is no where near justified. From what those who have purchased them have said, they're not really all that special.

I want them, but will wait for a discounted pair, as I've done with nearly every pair of NB that I own, but retail for those I have is fair. Patience pays off though.

Walter..

Last edited:
I do understand $10-15 price increases due to inflation, increased cost of insurance premiums and other overhead costs that NB may have incurred that may have caused those price increases over 2 years. But what I do I know, I haven't looked at their financials.

Now this 997 pair at $260, I 100% agree that the price hike for those is no where near justified. From what those who have purchased them have said, they're not really all that special.

I want them, but will wait for a discounted pair, as I've done with nearly every pair of NB that I own, but retail for those I have is fair. Patience pays off though.

Walter..
Great logic; I just wish I had bigger feet because that size 9, which is what I wear, they fly away from stores before I even have a chance to see the shoe posted on some of the shoe boutiques. 

Great logic; I just wish I had bigger feet because that size 9, which is what I wear, they fly away from stores before I even have a chance to see the shoe posted on some of the shoe boutiques. 

I have noticed that sizes 8-10 usually sell out much faster than the larger sizes. Me being a size 11, being patient usually pays off. But for past releases I'm SOL as they're harder to find lol

Walter..

Hey guys, I'm interested in the JCrew 996s, and I'm a size 13. How do they fit, do you think it would be possible to squeeze? For comparison, my feet fit perfectly in a 998, and there's maybe a little room in 577s and 740s for me. 

Hey guys, I'm interested in the JCrew 996s, and I'm a size 13. How do they fit, do you think it would be possible to squeeze? For comparison, my feet fit perfectly in a 998, and there's maybe a little room in 577s and 740s for me. 

Sizing is very similar to 998's.

Walter..

What I've noticed with Premier is that if they have stock left, even if it's an in-store only release at first, they release them online or accept phone orders.

And through some googling, I've found out the Ps and Qs in Philly and Bows and Arrows in Berkeley are also releasing them! I fully expect all the other boutiques to announce their pairs shortly.

Anyone know wich exact model new balance these are? Truly appreciate it

I've been absent from this thread for so long
sick.gif

I gotta come back and spend more time in here

These looked great in pictures, but when I have them in hand, something just seems "off" to me by with this pair.
Also, the sticker on the box has black on too with white lettering, all of my other New Balances are white with black lettering.
And the "998" on the tongue is very high on the tongue. Idk, perhaps I'm being paranoid?

Admins, I apologize if this isn't allowed here, but I couldn't find anywhere else to ask.

Do these look alright to you guys?

Sorry for the number of pictures.

Walter..

Last edited:
These looked great in pictures, but when I have them in hand, something just seems "off" to me by with this pair.
Also, the sticker on the box has black on too with white lettering, all of my other New Balances are white with black lettering.
And the "998" on the tongue is very high on the tongue. Idk, perhaps I'm being paranoid?

Admins, I apologize if this isn't allowed here, but I couldn't find anywhere else to ask.

Walter..

Where did you get them from a few things look off.

is the midsole one piece?  that's been the biggest giveaway for me, if it's one or multiple pieces

Walter..
They look right to me, here's a point of reference. My pair I got from a NB outlet...
http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/i...ploads/20140821_204315-1_zpsjyhftmyk.jpg.html
http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/i... Uploads/20140821_204707_zpsxdeioa3n.jpg.html
http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/i... Uploads/20140821_204445_zpsmvf3uiqv.jpg.html

Last edited:

Walter..
It's legit. don't worry

Picked up my first pair of new balances for $25 at this wierd local monthly sale thing that goes on. Pretty sure they're factory seconds but couldn't beat the price.
Been looking for these. Pissed i passed on them at UO for $60. 

so apparently the capsule mt580 gets inspiration from super troopers the movie  LOL.  referring to a denim on denim outfit. 

Back
Top Bottom