Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

can;t decide between the 998md and the 997hl.. thoughts?

I have both, as much as I like my 997HL's, I have to say I like my 998MD's more. Something about how well the colors come together, and they look so much better in person. I like both though, you definitely can't go wrong either way.

Walter..

i'm trying to decide between 997NV and 990HL haha.

thoughts on my dilemma?
997 hands down for me. Quality and shape is fantastic on that one. Helps to make that decision when you have too many grey shoes already.

Am I the only one that thinks the 997's are alright at your true size. I have the 997nv and I usually get a 10.5 in NB but for some reason I can't remember I got a 11 in the 997nv . They fit much better than my 998rr in a 11 (I hate the feel of the 998 in 11). In fact I would be worried that a 10.5 might be a little tight. Just curious what other thought.

Am I the only one that thinks the 997's are alright at your true size. I have the 997nv and I usually get a 10.5 in NB but for some reason I can't remember I got a 11 in the 997nv . They fit much better than my 998rr in a 11 (I hate the feel of the 998 in 11). In fact I would be worried that a 10.5 might be a little tight. Just curious what other thought.

I think the 997 fit a little snug initially, but then loosen up and fit really perfectly with the half size down. I have a 12 in both the 997 and 998 (I'm a true 12.7 or so lol) and at first the 997 was snug, but after wearing for about an hour they were perfect. Now I wear my GY more than any other shoe I own. Need PR but need to move some other shoes first.

Anyone know how long that 30% off at PYS will last?

I need a little break, but wow it's tempting. Two pairs I really want are available. Gahhhhh

Walter..

Anyone know how long that 30% off at PYS will last?

I need a little break, but wow it's tempting. Two pairs I really want are available. Gahhhhh

Walter..

Preach brother. Those 997hl's and M996RRG are calling me but man with the fall stuff dropping and Holiday sales (I think waaay in advance) I might have to chill. But those 997hl's tho!!!

Yeah sneaksoy sneaksoy I will probably try a 10.5 in my next 997 purchase .

997 hands down for me. Quality and shape is fantastic on that one. Helps to make that decision when you have too many grey shoes already.
went ahead and copped the 997nv. hoping itll be an every day type of shoe for me. i won't regret it at this price, right?

went ahead and copped the 997nv. hoping itll be an every day type of shoe for me. i won't regret it at this price, right?
I'm confident you won't. I bought mine for 150 shipped off an NB sale on Premier and thought it was worth every cent.

I copped the 998MD myself.

I vote for the 998MDs. Actually wore mine today and I've been trying to post a pic but this new iOS won't cooperate. It's the kind of shoe that you like even more the more you wear it. Colorway is flawless in my opinion and they look way better in person than any pic could represent.

Last edited:
Sigh.  I don't need to see sh*t like this.  Too many possibilities for unnecessary expenditure.  
ohwell.gif

**Logs off and saunters away from computer**

I vote for the 998MDs. Actually wore mine today and I've been trying to post a pic but this new iOS won't cooperate. It's the kind of shoe that you like even more the more you wear it. Colorway is flawless in my opinion and they look way better in person than any pic could represent.

Agreed. Salty about the 997PR. No sizes.

Nice lineup, I need those 997GYs.

The Dark Military might be the most slept on J Crew 998 colorway of them all.. That 3m :pimp: Want those too.

Last edited:
Nice lineup, I need those 997GYs.

The Dark Military might be the most slept on J Crew 998 colorway of them all.. That 3m
pimp.gif
Want those too.
thanks.  it took months to find that GY in my size.  but we'll all get another chance to cop next year. 

Can anyone guide me in the right direction on sizing with the CT300s? Been lurking this thread for a minute, and remember at one point the first page had a comprehensive guide to the differences in fit between the models. Not sure if it's gone or I'm missing it lol.

Last edited:
Can anyone guide me in the right direction on sizing with the CT300s? Been lurking this thread for a minute, and remember at one point the first page had a comprehensive guide to the differences in fit between the models. Not sure if it's gone or I'm missing it lol.
While I don't have the size guid link handy, CT300s run small and narrow. I'm a size 13, and they *just* barely fit me. Go TTS, or a half size up at least. 

Really appreciate the quick response, repped. I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on the navy pair, and that PYS sale is making it all too tempting rn, but I'm starting to have some second thoughts lol

Back
Top Bottom