Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Same here. I was after a 5.5. I'm sure there weren't many pairs in sz 5-6.
yeah 5 -6 where the first to show the "sold out" when you clicked hopefully she'll like the rasberry gl3's 
laugh.gif

I'm about 90% sure these will be dropped online. Cncpts just hasn't annouced anything yet. I mean the Rosé dropped was just about 12 hours ago lol

It makes no sense, more of a headache than anything. All these people carting shoes and posting them are just making things more complicated than necessary. Creating fake hype on shoes that shouldn't be so hard to purchase.

I think you give him more credit than he actually deserves. He didn't hype anything. Most people don't even know who he is (check out previous pages for various "who is TND/SoleMartyr" posts). The hype for this release can be credited to multiple things (I.E. - fashion news outlets that would normally not report on a CNCPTs release for instance such as GQ), and the allure of a new accessible shop to New Yorkers..In addition to every popular shoe reviewer conveniently having access to the shoe in ample time to record and edit review videos on YouTube.

TND did not make anything any more difficult than the ATC services that nearly crashed the site prior to release. The sneaker game in general is kinda screwed, one person can't be credited for making any one experience worse.
I didn't say he created hype. He made it seem as though the shoes sold out. That's creating fake sense of a sell out. Like I mentioned it's not just him, it's all these people carting shoes with no intention to purchase. Acting as if they're helping others. It's a whole host of other things as well. What I'm saying is he's not helping out in the grand scheme of things. At least that's my opinion.

So the cw on these was EZ pass for me, but glad they made so many pairs. Was half tempted to cop just to show support. If anyone honestly couldnt get them, Id really consider waiting for these savages to sit on them. Already seeing pairs at retail, and clowns wanting 350 SMH. Unless you need the smaller sizes there was plenty for all! 

This photographer Tasha bley was the first to drop that scoop

That "scoop" has been out for months now, just not widely shared out of respect for the source. I think it was even posted in this thread a little while back.

edit: maybe not that same pic, but the whole lineup was already out for a good minute now...

Last edited:
You should take a look at all the 997s this year.
But..but...not collab doe (for the record, I myself usually beast on collabs 
ohwell.gif
roll.gif
)

Still think the NV was the best colorway wise. GY was nice as well, and the more I wear the PR the more I dig em. 

Last edited:
Too many guys in here seem to be obsessed with him, he was banned for breaking rules on here.  Seems like his followers want to join him since those oop links are also against the rules.

Dog Hop Off Your SoapBox!

It's Down Right RIDICULOUS To Think That Posting Links Direct To The Retailers Website For Those Still In Need Of Locking Down A Release Day Shoe Is Somehow "Against Site Policy" :smh: People Post Early Links To Retailer's Websites EVERY Release Day Without Issue, There's Nothing Different About What Went On In Here Today. The Fact Is, With The Production Numbers On This Particular Release, People Would've Eaten With Or Without The Work Of TND.... If Anything, He Made The Carting Process Smoother Since Most Of These Boutique Websites Aren't Advanced Enough To Handle The Traffic Flow During A Hyped Release. I Personally Am Thankful For All The Help Being Tossed Around In Here Today! Had A Feel I Haven't Experienced Since I First Joined This Community And People Actually Put Fourth Effort To Assist One Another :nthat:

In Another News, I'm Sure It's Been Answered Already Somewhere In Here But Are All Pairs Going To Come With The Special Packaging Or Just The Pairs Released In Store? :nerd:

Last edited:
I really think exceptions should be made for "oop links". Its not a link to an auction, its not a link to some herbs reselling big cartel page where they are "helping the community" by ONLY charging 50 vice 100 over retail or doing some BS raffle or presale.

We need more people willing to help and less lurkers looking for a come up. I'm really happy with how this release went down, and I aint even cop em lol

But..but...not collab doe (for the record, I myself usually beast on collabs :\ :rofl: )

Still think the NV was the best colorway wise. GY was nice as well, and the more I wear the PR the more I dig em. 

For me, the PR was hands down the best colorway. I should've copped when they were 30% off NB's site.

I'm leaving the NV and GY out of the discussion because they're just a legendary colorway that it's already a given that they're the best.

I need to cop the DTEs before they disappear at the price they're going for

I didn't say he created hype. He made it seem as though the shoes sold out. That's creating fake sense of a sell out. Like I mentioned it's not just him, it's all these people carting shoes with no intention to purchase. Acting as if they're helping others. It's a whole host of other things as well. What I'm saying is he's not helping out in the grand scheme of things. At least that's my opinion.
I agree with this. A lot of these collab releases are now bigger than just the sneaker community. With all of these blogs out there these days, and of course social media...the shoes reach the general consumer that isn't aware of how things work. So they get up in the morning and try for shoes that shouldn't be that difficult of a purchase to begin with...but nope...with sm and others carting a great amount of pairs, it completely robs that general consumer of a shoe that they genuinely want. That's not right imho. 

damn i knew i shouldn't have checked this thread and see all the pics.  Looking real nice, making me wish i should have pulled the trigger.  Need to keep telling myself "you cannot pull off pink"......
Good job not purchasing or else u'd probably end up with buyer's remorse.  I rock my shoes on the regular and I can't see myself wearing pink more than a handful of times per year.

That "scoop" has been out for months now, just not widely shared out of respect for the source. I think it was even posted in this thread a little while back.

edit: maybe not that same pic, but the whole lineup was already out for a good minute now...

Yeah I mean the pic of every last Cncpts collab for the rest of the year had those as well as two other NBs in the pic--but no date was ever thrown around

No idea how dudes are complaining when HUNDREDS of links were posted FOR FREE
I'm not complaining, man. Just saying that carting a lot of the stock robs an individual that isn't aware of how things work. A general consumer who sees the shoe on social media or blogs and really wants it isn't going to know where to find these links. Luckily the stock was massive, or else there would have been a lot of upset people. Oh well I guess, right. 

Well I'm glad to see that they didn't jack the price up online! But I heard that they charged $270 for people who didn't have wristbands at the store.

That's inaccurate. They were charging $270 and then $310 to people who had already purchased one pair. They truly go out of their way to make sure people get a pair. Anyhow it did work to scare some resellers away

I agree with this. A lot of these collab releases are now bigger than just the sneaker community. With all of these blogs out there these days, and of course social media...the shoes reach the general consumer that isn't aware of how things work. So they get up in the morning and try for shoes that shouldn't be that difficult of a purchase to begin with...but nope...with sm and others carting a great amount of pairs, it completely robs that general consumer of a shoe that they genuinely want. That's not right imho. 

i think you have to understand the business aspects before anything else.. this shoe is collab big box company and a boutique.. boutique serve in most cases "niche markets" meaning that everyone will NOT have awareness of items/goods/special edition products they carry.. this is why you see GQ covering a story like this, or even high snobiety doing write ups.. New balance providing press releases that are also carried by their affiliates

These types of releases are NOT mean't for the general consumer.. Kith included (not matter what RF says in this purpose statement videos)--is also not mean't for the general consumer.. these business are more than pleased when they can educate and convert an "everyday" shopper to a regular customer of their stores. things like this increase the stores profitability and reach..

this release did just that.. CNCPTs probably has never done anything this big and to be honest they did a dxmn good job!! No person can wake up in the morning and cop off of any shoe site successful without some type of assistance nowadays..even regular customers of these sites..

Generally speaking: I hate to pull this card but a lot of folks are really sounding upset at things in general.. i'm not sure if its that you were unsuccessful or that you struggled, but in either case just cut it out.. For what it's worth some of these members oop'ing links were the reason some of these guys in here with no posts or a super low post count were able to cop.. A LOT OF PEOPLE ATE OF THIS RELEASE.. And to be honest I haven't seen so many people helping each out PUBLICLY on this site in a long freaking time.. Today was a small win for the community if you choose to admit that or not..

Back
Top Bottom