Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

always a fleece lining sir!
Thank you for the affirmation kind sir!

Back to sizing, I'm a true size 9 and sized down .5 for the 990. Length wise feels fine, just enough wiggle space and there's a thumbnail length to the end. The shoe however feels uncomfortably narrow in the forefoot, especially where forefoot is widest.

So please tell me this isn't the case for the 997 as well, since I ordered one in the same size.

J. Crew Neptune Blue 996 looking solid.

new-balance-996-jcrew-neptune-blue-1.jpg

did anybody order the m-80 concepts internationally? the pitney bowes shipping stuff is unreliable and i can't track my parcel accurately enough..

[/QUOTE]
Is the toe suede the nimbus cloud color?
[/quote]

It's oyster. It's lighter in person than on the custom app.

did anybody order the m-80 concepts internationally? the pitney bowes shipping stuff is unreliable and i can't track my parcel accurately enough..
Got my customs in today. Very pleased with them. Quality is great, craftsmanship isn't perfect but the imperfections make them my own.

Thank you @mykoh and @JerkStore for creating these beauties. As much as I played with the options, I had to get these two first before any other creation I came up with.

Next I want a Kennedy inspired custom.

Walter..
Both FIRE son

Just ordered a custom based on the United Kingdom flag. So red, white and blue. Hopefully the colors are close enough that it doesn't bother me too much that its not exactly the right shades. Hard to tell with new balance custom. Sometimes it's just a guess but I was happy with all my customs so far. Used deep embers, nimbus cloud, and ocean blue.

ended up buying some 996cps half price in a sale though i was made, free shipping and everything... They were at home the next day, got back from work cracked the box and BANG a 1 inch long scratch right down to the base of the suede on the front toebox of the right shoe had to send them back couldn't stand the sight of them come up destroyed #sneakerwoes...

He does still has it, for one reason or another. Heel support on left hand is scratched to bits though.

Now considering between this or the 990GRY. About sizing, I think we agree the consensus is sizing down .5 from Nike sizing for 9xx models am I right. I'm an 8.5 in UK 577's, so hoping it'd be the same case with the 9xx's.

Anyone owns both can comment on comfort for both models? Thinking of walking long distances with these and the 997 does look plusher. 9 years of technology plusher.
if you are still looking for recommendations.

I have wide feet, but i find the 990,991,993,1700 models ideal, I own the 990s and 997 and i would prefer the 990 easily for long distances, the 997 sole seems a lot firmer than the 990.

Just ordered a custom based on the United Kingdom flag. So red, white and blue. Hopefully the colors are close enough that it doesn't bother me too much that its not exactly the right shades. Hard to tell with new balance custom. Sometimes it's just a guess but I was happy with all my customs so far. Used deep embers, nimbus cloud, and ocean blue.

i did a red, white, and blue theme as well and they go really well together. assuming you used nimbus cloud as the white

i did a red, white, and blue theme as well and they go really well together. assuming you used nimbus cloud as the white

Yes sir.... Glad to hear yours came out well.... I figured by seeing others that the colors would be close enough. The nimbus cloud was my biggest concern. I used the 574 model Because it was much easier to do what I wanted. Someone said nimbus cloud looks like 998bt which would be fine with me.

Is the toe suede the nimbus cloud color?
[/quote]

It's oyster. It's lighter in person than on the custom app.[/quote]
Thanks man

Can someone who made or knows the colors used for the 998 autobahn NB1 let me know what too use?

Last edited:
Definitely feeling those J. Crew 996s posted above. They remind me of Stash 95s to an extent with the variety of blues and grays used.

Last edited:
The nb factory store in ma has multiple pairs of the 998dsa i was told on the phone today. I am in the process of trying to get a friend to get over there and grab me a pair for 80. If he is able to do so, and anyone else is interested in a pair, i will try to get some a couple pairs and pass the deal along

The nb factory store in ma has multiple pairs of the 998dsa i was told on the phone today. I am in the process of trying to get a friend to get over there and grab me a pair for 80. If he is able to do so, and anyone else is interested in a pair, i will try to get some a couple pairs and pass the deal along
If he's willing to grab some 997GY let me know. 

Is be interested in an 8.5, I would rather have the gy over the dsa though. If the gy is still around 180....I'll wait.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom