Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I think I'm going to take a break from the collabs and focus on some general release New Balances. I've missed out on a lot of awesome general releases because I didn't have the cash due to collabs.

I'm saying this now until somebody comes out with another awesome collab...
mean.gif

I thought it would be cool if everybody did like a top 3/5 New Balance releases of this year.

Anybody interested?

I thought it would be cool if everybody did like a top 3/5 New Balance releases of this year.

Anybody interested?

not to add more "rules," but can we add some additional qualifiers aside from releasing in 2012, as-in it must be shoes that you OWN and not just one's uninformed opinion based on instagram'd pictures or a sneaker blog's fancy pictures?

and how about adding in a reason (or 2) for WHY it's your top 3/5 for the year?

anyways...great suggestion kip2mylou! esp. w/ the year windin' down and comin' to a close...

and slightly off-topic...but is your handle by any chance a reference to rafer alston and his and1 alter ego?

Anybody interested?

1. M990GRY
2. M1500CHF (Hanon "Chosen Few")
3. MT580BC (Burn Rubber "Blue Collar")
4. Ball & Buck Grey 574
5. Tie - M998BB / M1300NB

Last edited:
1.1600 FR

2. 990 NYC Marathon

3. 580 Alpine Guide

4. 999 SEAL

5. 998 J Crew

in no particular order

The New Balance x Oshmans x Mita 574

shipped from SlamJam (Italy) to Virginia in 3 days, shipped Thursday, arrived Monday by DHL, delivery of the year hands down. One day before my trip, these needed signature confirmation so it worked out perfectly.The inside is very buttery, you will see in one of the pictures, the shoes are very comfortable, I don't know if I will go with the rope laces or white laces, either way I will probably remove the mojito leaf. Very well built shoe and can you say "GUM SOLE"?

Last edited:
^^^Very Nice 
nthat.gif
 Definitely like those white laces in them for sure. Now hopefully they drop somewhere else online! Need these!

very nice NT13, cant wait to see mine. too bad theyre waiting for me at work while im stuck at home with a fever

very nice NT13, cant wait to see mine. too bad theyre waiting for me at work while im stuck at home with a fever
get better bro, thank you, unfortunately I won't be able to rock them until I come back from my vacation, taking my salmon soles though, only right that I take them to my connecting city (nyc)

The New Balance x Oshmans x Mita 574

shipped from SlamJam (Italy) to Virginia in 3 days, shipped Thursday, arrived Monday by DHL, delivery of the year hands down. One day before my trip, these needed signature confirmation so it worked out perfectly.The inside is very buttery, you will see in one of the pictures, the shoes are very comfortable, I don't know if I will go with the rope laces or white laces, either way I will probably remove the mojito leaf. Very well built shoe and can you say "GUM SOLE"?
I said I didnt want these.. 
eek.gif
 These pics just changed my mind.

1. Hanon x New Balance 1500 - Not only is the 1500 my favorite New Balance model, but they pushed all the right buttons, using several shades of my favorite color: blue.
  2. Concepts x New Balance 999 "SEAL" - Although not as nice as the Kennedys, the widespread availability (which gave a pair to everyone who actually wanted the shoe), extremely high-quality materials, and an amazing colorway put this shoe at #2.
  3. West NYC x New Balance 580 "Alpine Guide" - A perfect combination of inspiration, a great choice of colors, and the NB model that would flawlessly pull it all together, the "Alpine Guides" could only be improved upon, IMO, if they removed the chunky 580 tag on the tongue. Other than that, it's brilliant.

Last edited:
1 990gry
2 1500chf
3 574ja

Sucker for that mint suede on the mojitos. Not a fan of the heel color blocking. I wonder if the designers were influenced at all by one of the stussy 670s a few years back. Although im guessing only a handful of people here would know or care about them. The gray heel is not shown in those pics (as well as the bulky toe from a side profile) so they look pretty good lol. Overall though it's not bad, especially since you guys avoided spending $200+ on asian mades. I can certainly appreciate the extra details they put into these even though i could do without them. Definitely yank those rope laces though. They make them look really poor quality.

DTB, nicekicks released last year fyi...

In no order:

Nonnative 997
30th 990
1300nr
Undftd 580
Kawasaki 993

Sadly I'm still missing two :frown:...

West NYC MT580s, this was the release of the year for me no matter what brand we are talking about. Quality is amazing, colors are great, just a very well done shoe.
Concepts 999 Seals, again quality is amazing, great mix of colors, only gripe is it is dang near impossible to find an 11.5 so I had to settle for 11...LOL
Burn Rubber Blue Collars, I'm a sucker for gum soles and the 3M hits on this shoe are sweet. Nothing to gaudy, just a solid shoe that you can rock with about anything.
Salmon Sole 1300s, I don't know what it is, just something about this shoe. I mean there is nothing that you couldn't do on a custom minus the sole but I enjoy them.
Last two I don't have but I am patiently searching for (at a good price)
Hanon 1500, I echo just about everything said by those before me, love blue, love the blocking on these, just don't love the reseller prices.
Colette/Undftd 580, I love 580s and the colors on this shoe are great. Just need to snag my size and I will be happy.

Others that I woud like to pick up: J Crew 998s, Steel Blue 1300s, Red 999s

I know I have more than 5 but there are tons that I like.

Here is my 'two cents' on the year in NB 2012
M990GRY
1500 Chosen Few
580 Alpine Guide
Non-native 997
1300 Salmon sole

No particular order, but the 990 is definitely my #1 for the materials, workmanship and sheer classic look and color way. A heavily slept on shoe IMHO.

There have been SO many great NB releases this year, it's really hard for me to narrow it down.

Back
Top Bottom