Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

One of my favorite pairs of 1300's that have come out in awhile, a lot of people either love/hate that model but I'm a fan of the way it feels idk maybe its cause I have a long narrow foot lol I just wish NB would put more 1300's up on the site so I could use my employee benefits, I never see any of them get released outside of retailers and the occasional factory second that comes through the outlets. 

Well, since I'll never afford Kennedy's (and personally like the 998 better than the 999) I gave this a shot. Still trying to work all the kinks out before ordering.

(Cyclone saddle - want to see how it looks in person first)

…if only we had better midsole options, we could get closer to seals too

Last edited:

One of my favorite pairs of 1300's that have come out in awhile, a lot of people either love/hate that model but I'm a fan of the way it feels idk maybe its cause I have a long narrow foot lol I just wish NB would put more 1300's up on the site so I could use my employee benefits, I never see any of them get released outside of retailers and the occasional factory second that comes through the outlets. 
Funny @denniscu  should post that pic. I just picked up the same pair from someone on FB for $80 shipped.

@meniac

So here are couple quick shots I took of the deconstructed 1500. 
The leather tongue is extremely thin. Just a single piece of leather. No puff added.
Also, they are extremely light and the ankle collar is padded nicely which makes them quite comfortable. 
But that topdown view... idk. Might be the white outsole that wraps around the front that makes them look so square,
Probably going to return them though.

Question- Is there still the dreaded 1500 tongue slippage? Hated it on my 1500. Was hoping with the non padded tongue or the fit in general there wouldn't be.

Beaters.

Question- Is there still the dreaded 1500 tongue slippage? Hated it on my 1500. Was hoping with the non padded tongue or the fit in general there wouldn't be.
Nah no tongue slippage with these. The tongue is so thin it just kinda locks your foot in. The only way they would slip is if you didn't tie the shoes at all.

hahaha, i had to hold back knowing the nb1 comin and also those mid century collection 997s..

i can't decide between these two can someone give an opinion

The combat green on the second one seems out of place.

Last year they did, but I'm pretty sure they're not releasing any new 1300s this year, at least that's what I read. I like the 1300 a lot myself, but I feel the outsole feels odd as a I walk... Like it isn't level or something (?), Only have 3 1300s but they all feel that way for me.

Last edited:
anyone need/want a pair of concepts x new balance 575 M80/firecrackers?  I got a pair but with the regular NB box in a size 10.5 and they don't fit me right.

Those Kennedys look good. Nice work. I'm gonna wait and see what finished pairs look like with those 2 new midsole options before ordering anything but have some pairs made up already.

I don't get the hype on Kennedy's.  They don't seem as special/well-executed as the solebox colabs, for instance.

I can't be the only person dis-pleased with the computer renderings of the ID sneakers. They just don't "look" right. I dunno. Part of the allure of NB shoes for me the craftsmanship and textures, and you just can't tell on the computer screen. Also I'm all for more color options-I just wish they were labeled gray #1, gray #2, gray #3 for uniformities sake.

the mesh might not be enough to stop me from doing an oxblood pair. I will need another coupon like the one i used on my last custom though

my 'frutti di mare pack' NB1s finally came in. i'm really satisfied even though there are a few minor flaws (mudguard a little bit inhomogeneous, stains of blue suede on lining at heel, wrong laces came with blue pair and sole unit seems a little bit displaced on the medial side of one of the blue suede pairs). and yes, the stitching on the tongue would let me believe those are fake pairs if i didn't know it better xD

Back
Top Bottom