Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Hey phellas. I'm in Las Vegas for some family ****. I've baught a few items from Feature and have been satisfied. So thinking about swing through and grabbing some NBs. Anyone got a disco? Or know any other awesome sneaker shops a in LV? Thanks

if you're on the strip, theres a place in Mandalay Bay im pretty sure called Suite 160 or something. they've got a small selection of some things

Damn. Bummed I missed out on those $99 sneaker politics. Congrats to everyone who copped for that great price! Hopefully I can pick up a pair down the road. 

997CSEA today

giphy.gif

Are these raw? I know Momo does a lot of raw but im curious how much transfer there is on suede shoes like NB's when you wear them with raws. I'm looking to get my first pair here soon but hesistant just cause I wear mostly NBs and dont want to buy a pair of jeans I can only wear with my boots lol. 
they definitely bleed. wore my lira and on only a few hours there was denim bleed but that's probably also because these jeans are relatively new.  all unwashed denim bleeds in the beginning
Do they bleed on your clothes as well? I would understand suede with its soft texture but what about cotton as well? I mean if I can't wear anything that isnt dark with a pair of Indigo or Black Raw denim I'm not sure if its worth it. I'm wondering if pre-soaking the raws would be a good way to lessen the bleeding from them maybe? I know most people like to break theirs in for months before washing or soaking them so they don't shrink. 

the upper on the jcrew 1400 is softer than anything in my collection. its probably overall the most comfortable, best shaped, most plush shoe i've ever owned and i've been doing this since mid-late '90s. the 998 has a slightly more curved arch. the 1400 and 996 are a little flatter but the 1400 has more support than the 996. you really feel the ground in the 996. not so in the 998. 1400 is in between. but for my arch saucony always feels the best across the board. sometimes nb hits my foot slightly off

I only have 2 1400s but they're super comfy
thanks guys, always seen them around on like 60% off, but wondered if there was a reason for that lol.

I only have 1 pair of apc jeans, but they seem to not bleed on my sneakers at all. Granted I roll them, but even when I'm too lazy to its all good.

Do they bleed on your clothes as well? I would understand suede with its soft texture but what about cotton as well? I mean if I can't wear anything that isnt dark with a pair of Indigo or Black Raw denim I'm not sure if its worth it. I'm wondering if pre-soaking the raws would be a good way to lessen the bleeding from them maybe? I know most people like to break theirs in for months before washing or soaking them so they don't shrink. 
Pre-soaking helps get rid of excess indigo, but there'll still be some leftover which might bleed onto your kicks. Unless you dgaf and wash your jeans regularly then you should be good. But you won't get those sick fadez tho

I've had the same pair of apc for 3 years that I never soaked/washed and just realized the other day they bleed a bit on the back of the tongue of my lux goods.

Just picked up these new balance wine 1400s from feature in Vegas in the quality is probably the best that I've ever seen on a NB. The toe shape & construction is perfect I think new balance does much better on non-collaborations

I don't mess with any raw denim because aside from the custom fades there isn't really any other benefit other than the quality which comes with a pretty steep price tag. I know people that have been caught in the rain and had the indigo bleed onto their shoes, shirt, car seats, couches, sheets, and even their skin lmao, pretty much everything they touch if they get wet. Maybe it was because they were new pairs or maybe they were cheap pairs but its not worth the headache to me. If there really are magical pairs out there that don't bleed lmk please, because id pay those prices if that was the case.

Last edited:
Just picked up these new balance wine 1400s from feature in Vegas in the quality is probably the best that I've ever seen on a NB. The toe shape & construction is perfect I think new balance does much better on non-collaborations

gunna be lookin for these on discount in a month or 2

Yea man. Maybe it was just my pair. But the suede was perfect thickness, it was plush but not too thick. So easy to comb. There's not one defect on the sneaker, my premiers were sloppy(though I still dig them). Highly recommended. Just the subtle details, the thicker laces, the 3m heel top thing, the jagged sole, and the slightly metallic silver heel cap. They honestly feel and look like someone in Boston took great care in making these.

this is now the jeans thread.

on the real though im so disappointed at the quality of the 997dgm

The side N stay peeling off and the toe puff is so fat that the leather came creased out of the box not to mention that the side embossing detail is not stamped well

smh nb

Back
Top Bottom