Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Just copped 1500LDN (Lordon Cab) off of eBay for $220 shipped. Basically retail plus shipping (probably even less). Reseller probably thought he was gonna make a killing but I think someone forgot to tell him that reselling with NB's is all but dead :smokin

That's insane. Congrats. I usually dont hunt down limited pairs that can't be had at retail but I'm dying to get my hands on these.

I haven't found a US11.5 under $400 but I'm not giving up yet. Rumor is less than 5 pairs of my size were produced but I'm not buying it just yet.

That's insane. Congrats. I usually dont hunt down limited pairs that can't be had at retail but I'm dying to get my hands on these.

I haven't found a US11.5 under $400 but I'm not giving up yet. Rumor is less than 5 pairs of my size were produced but I'm not buying it just yet.
Maybe keep your eye on this one...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Balan...794904?hash=item25c7dacb98:g:9T8AAOSwKOJYGfIF

Just copped 1500LDN (Lordon Cab) off of eBay for $220 shipped. Basically retail plus shipping (probably even less). Reseller probably thought he was gonna make a killing but I think someone forgot to tell him that reselling with NB's is all but dead 
smokin.gif
Retail was £160 so $200. That seller is losing money after shipping and fees so not to put a downer on it but I'd be surprised if they honour the sale, even though it is the right thing to do, but you never know, they may need the money back if they can't return.

Last edited:
So anyway took advantage of the code on Slamjam and the free shipping with total 200 bucks..

End Marble is pretty subtle in terms of what they contributed to the model. I guess a few of us actually didn't want to pay the starting prices and opted to wait. 

The hit of beige on the mid sole has a sheen on it. The white leather on the heel cup is pretty sturdy, whereas the toebox is much softer. Liner is soft leather as well.

Rest if the suede is as expected - buttery. Came with 2 lace sets, but w/o the End lace lock.

On to the next. Been wanting to get at least 1 from the surplus pack and I think I may have to get another model or 2 :smile: 

The 1500 has imperfections however in a good way...really gives the set a hand made vibe. The leather at the heel cup is very prone is scratching! 2 sets of laces.

Those look sick! I'm still searching for my size at a decent price
Thanks holmes! 
nthat.gif
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

998DMON just came. Quality wasn't what i expected. But well, 83 pounds for it. Can't complain much. And i realise this material crease EASILY. Wondering it's the paint job or just the material used.

Comparing both side of the pair, the left footed came with laces on, and traces of tried on before.
It's that buttery leather homie, it's supposed to crease up somewhat! I love my pair!  
smokin.gif

Any of you guys actually use the waterproof spray on any of your NB's?
You gotta protect your investment! I use the timberland protector and some arisol stuff the old Greek guy at the Cobbler/Taylor shop recommended for suede. 

Yeah i bought a can at the NB outlet but i still haven't worn any NB's in the rain yet lol is there such thing as a water repellent working better than another brand?

Last edited:
facebook has just as much/if not more info than these threads because of the worldwide following.

if you have FB just put in the search tab "new balance" about 3-5 groups will pop up, you just have to join them.

Thanks mang!! I found two of my most wanted(Premier 998 DS & Ronnie Fieg CNS 998) for way under re seller mark up! Very happy...bank account not so much.

Just need to track doen these bad boys....

Anyone had issue with bubbles in the toe areas? If so anyway to fix it?

These are brand new NB1 998's. Love them but the toe area looking like that is killing my ocd lol

Last edited:
Happy to say my 991.5 SP came in from concepts. Shouts to @bbkangg for the Halloween code taking them down to $152. A couple things that pissed me off though; no extra white lace which should be included and can anyone comment on the surplus hang tag? My last pair of 991.5 had a suede tag and these have leather. Do they vary or did they take a tag from a different shoe like the 1500 and put it on ?

Happy to say my 991.5 SP came in from concepts. Shouts to @bbkangg for the Halloween code taking them down to $152. A couple things that pissed me off though; no extra white lace which should be included and can anyone comment on the surplus hang tag? My last pair of 991.5 had a suede tag and these have leather. Do they vary or did they take a tag from a different shoe like the 1500 and put it on ?
They definitely vary. I've seen completely different hang tags on different shoes. I've got 4 different pairs from the surplus. One of them has a leather hang tag, other three are suede. Bummer you didn't get the extra lace, though... still $152 shipped ain't bad 
nthat.gif

They definitely vary. I've seen completely different hang tags on different shoes. I've got 4 different pairs from the surplus. One of them has a leather hang tag, other three are suede. Bummer you didn't get the extra lace, though... still $152 shipped ain't bad :nthat:

Repped. Reason I ask is because I noticed that on other pairs it looks like they utilize material from the shoe to create the tag. This tag clearly looks like the distressed leather around the toe box on the 1500...

I'll never forget my one and only NB1 purchase... Still scarred until this day and it's hard to want to order another pair considering how hard NB made it for me. They acted as if their quality control standards are top notch and they have never seen it before!

Back
Top Bottom