Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

When did the 1500UKG re-release? Randomly browsing END and there they sit. I'm supposed to be buying Christmas presents, but I had to immediately scoop those up. :smh:

Post some pics when you get them. Reckon they'll have the new toe box?

Not sure! That was my main concern b/c it's gonna be hard going back to cliff toe 1500s now. Tried comparing pics on their site and in some it looks like a sleeker toe box and in others it doesn't. That said, the same is true for the 1500s that I know have the "remastered" shape. Angles can be tricky.

I'd be pretty pissed if they decided to not give those the OG treatment, being that they're such an iconic 1500 colorway. We'll see I guess....

Today's choice for a day in Boston with the wife:

Not sure! That was my main concern b/c it's gonna be hard going back to cliff toe 1500s now. Tried comparing pics on their site and in some it looks like a sleeker toe box and in others it doesn't. That said, the same is true for the 1500s that I know have the "remastered" shape. Angles can be tricky.

I'd be pretty pissed if they decided to not give those the OG treatment, being that they're such an iconic 1500 colorway. We'll see I guess....

Comparing stock pics is pointless, just because there stock pic looks better than another stock pic doesn't mean all their shoes in that model will be the same. These are handmade products and will vary by every shoe.

Comparing stock pics is pointless, just because there stock pic looks better than another stock pic doesn't mean all their shoes in that model will be the same. These are handmade products and will vary by every shoe.
K.

Very rare for me.... I have multiples of the 997gy and I'll grab another pair or two of 1300jp in 2020.

Love the 997gy! Def a pair that I hope to always have.

Every time I have bought a double I have eventually sold it because I still have so much life left in the first. I keep my shoes pretty clean and they always look new because I just go from office to home.

I think if I did double they would crumble before I had a chance to wear them. Don't get a chance to wear my sneakers as much as I'd like :smh:

Tempted to double up on these out of greed lol. Any of u guys wear your shoes enough to need doubles?

I will try to shed a little light on this. I have double and trippled up on models before (several). The only shoe I actually doubled up the same color way was the Vick 3 (black + white + red). The first was the OG shoe I bought in high school and the second was the retro version and because I wanted a fresh pair.

Welp broke down and bought these for $138.88 off the bay....smh I gotta get rid of kicks to make way for NB's. Next purchase might be those DVN2's tho!

Last edited:
Don't waste your time going to the Avon Mass. outlet - I was there earlier today and there was nothing to look twice at...

997BEXP size 8-10 available- comes out to $149 shipped if you sign up for newsletter and they'll send a 12% coupon + 4% ebates cash back right now.

They've got some other solid made in USA models too but in my opinion this is the best price I've seen for these so far. Someone feast.

Thanks for sharing that killer deal. Glad I passed on Black Friday/Cyber Monday because it was still pricey and I wasn't sure on sizing. I got both 8.5 and 9 so I can decide which fits best myself and return the other. Worked out great. Thanks again.

Just scored the rivalry pack 997s for $168 shipped [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

Just copped 998 J-crew "Midnight Moon" My first pair of NB ever. Was wondering how the sizing runs? I'm usually TTS US 10.5 in AM90s. I'm usually ok with US 11 too. The NBs I just copped are an 11, just wondering if they'll be ok. I paid $100 shipped, I think it was a good deal, right? Thanks [emoji]128074[/emoji]

Last edited:
998's run a little bigger in my opinion, i can swing anywhere from a 10 to 10.5 in 90's and a 10 in 1's but a 10 in 998's. 997's for me run a little smaller than 998's, but not enough to size up. There is an awesome size survey somewhere here from ages ago that helped me on all my first models in someones sig.

998's run a little bigger in my opinion, i can swing anywhere from a 10 to 10.5 in 90's and a 10 in 1's but a 10 in 998's. 997's for me run a little smaller than 998's, but not enough to size up. There is an awesome size survey somewhere here from ages ago that helped me on all my first models in someones sig.
Appreciate it man. Thanks

No problem bro, hope it helps! Once i got into some 998's i aint looked back since. Kinda.

Back
Top Bottom