Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Just copped 998 J-crew "Midnight Moon" My first pair of NB ever. Was wondering how the sizing runs? I'm usually TTS US 10.5 in AM90s. I'm usually ok with US 11 too. The NBs I just copped are an 11, just wondering if they'll be ok. I paid $100 shipped, I think it was a good deal, right? Thanks [emoji]128074[/emoji]

You'll most likely need a 10. Most in here will agree that you should go down 1/2 size on 90% of made in USA/UK models.

The Asphatlgold Fitting room app is pretty accurate for sizing as well.

Thanks for sharing that killer deal. Glad I passed on Black Friday/Cyber Monday because it was still pricey and I wasn't sure on sizing. I got both 8.5 and 9 so I can decide which fits best myself and return the other. Worked out great. Thanks again.

If the 9 works out hit me up for that 8.5

You'll most likely need a 10. Most in here will agree that you should go down 1/2 size on 90% of made in USA/UK models.

The Asphatlgold Fitting room app is pretty accurate for sizing as well.

Thanks, I'll check it out
EDIT- Well if that's correct, does anyone wanna trade these DS US 11 for preferably a 10 or 10.5? I'd be open to looking at NDS too. Like i said before these are my first pair of NB so I'm not very familiar with models/releases and such. Thanks

Last edited:
I got my first pair of 1500 and Im hooked!! 1500bk and I should have gotten the Brown joints too! Now Hanon sold out!!

familia help a homie out and keep eyes open for:
WTB dope kicka size8. 9/10 or DS only
Retail or better no Resale please.
maybe size 8.5 depends on the shoe
Of if you know of any deals in line.
1500FR Flying the Flag
1500BY
1500AGO(super wanted)
1500TN
1500LDN London Cab
998 J Crew x NB ultramarine
998 J Crew x Midori grey

tanks yall!!

Just copped 998 J-crew "Midnight Moon" My first pair of NB ever. Was wondering how the sizing runs? I'm usually TTS US 10.5 in AM90s. I'm usually ok with US 11 too. The NBs I just copped are an 11, just wondering if they'll be ok. I paid $100 shipped, I think it was a good deal, right? Thanks [emoji]128074[/emoji]
you should be good with a 10.5 since the 998 feels like it has more room in the toebox. Im slowly making the NB conversion myself!

Thanks for sharing that killer deal. Glad I passed on Black Friday/Cyber Monday because it was still pricey and I wasn't sure on sizing. I got both 8.5 and 9 so I can decide which fits best myself and return the other. Worked out great. Thanks again.
Glad to have helped 
nthat.gif

Did you cop?
Naw, I already got my 11.5. I've actually bought and returned several pairs of this model and every single one of them had issues with the lace holes. My most recent pair was the worst- left shoe had top 4 lace holes not punched through completely while the right pair had 3. Unbelievable but I managed to talk the seller into a partial refund so I ended up copping for $175 when all was said and done so it was a decent grab considering retail was $380.

I'm going to head to the flagship store this week and ask the NB1 homies there to see if they can take a look at all my shoes and punch the holes through completely so I don't have to pay a cobbler. It seems like all my shoes that have the leather liner have the same issue (both 997.5 Mykonos joints, even my Concepts Rivalry 997s). This is why I've never posted on feet pics of these shoes even though I've owned them for a while 
ohwell.gif

On a brighter note, my 1300BER have been breaking in beautifully. I'm really impressed with how they age and break in- loving the Horween models. I'm looking forward to getting the 997BEXP fixed and wearing those to the ground. Also got my eyes on the 1300BOK and I've sworn to myself that will be my last purchase for a long time. Hold me accountable, fellas.

I'm looking to pick up a pair of rf cyclades,can someone help me out with sizing. I have heard you should go .5 down but I'm a 13 and they aren't any 12.5 . Would i be ok tts or go 12? If someone has a pair in either of those sizes would you mind measuring the insole for me.

Last edited:
I'm looking to pick up a pair of rf cyclades,can someone help me out with sizing. I have heard you should go .5 down but I'm a 13 and they aren't any 12.5 . Would i be ok tts or go 12? If someone has a pair in either of those sizes would you mind measuring the insole for me.

I have the cyclades and went tts. I go tts in everything and adjust shoe lace, socks to compensate. My eyes are used to the length and anything smaller or larger, even by 0.5 inch is noticable to me.

Last edited:
For any fellow Aussies, 998DPHO available for $160AUD on NB Australia or in stores. Sizes available 8 - 9.5, 10, 12.

Back
Top Bottom