Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I have 4 of them, they're a great everyday shoe for sure. The lux leather ones are nice, the neoprene sockliner is comfortable and not super tight and constricting. The mesh/synthetic pairs are really good as well. I think it's a great shoe and silhouette.

Your ranking between Luxe and sports?

Got these in today. They a nice shoe. Should have bought my normal NB size by going a half size down, but it's fine.

Ended up copping those clay 997s off eBay for the low hoping it would curb my desire to make a custom... it didn't [emoji]128517[/emoji]

BTW, was it one of you guys standing on the corner of Lexington and El Centro today in some fire 998s smoking a cig? Felt like it could have been

Last edited:
I got to try on the 247 today. Sizing is like 998. Very comfortable but crazy heel slippage, which I really don't like.
The mesh around the toe is really stretchy.
RE 247: I can't speak on the Lux pack but they have the Sport Pack at  the Flagship in Brighton and WAS NOT IMPRESSED at all!

RE Yard Pack/Brighton Outlet: Them bad boyis dope in hand...just too wild a color way for me. I did try on and think hard on those 1500s...but full retail? Pass...funny the Flagship had the Surplus pack but they did not hit the Brighton Outlet. The  998DTK are as nice as the 998DPHO and as soon as those hit the Brighton Outlett I am scooping those bad boys on super discount!! 

RE NB1: Anybody get a shipping notification?

RE 247: I can't speak on the Lux pack but they have the Sport Pack at  the Flagship in Brighton and WAS NOT IMPRESSED at all!

RE Yard Pack/Brighton Outlet: Them bad boyis dope in hand...just too wild a color way for me. I did try on and think hard on those 1500s...but full retail? Pass...funny the Flagship had the Surplus pack but they did not hit the Brighton Outlet. The  998DTK are as nice as the 998DPHO and as soon as those hit the Brighton Outlett I am scooping those bad boys on super discount!! 

RE NB1: Anybody get a shipping notification?
They got the whole Yard Pack at the Flagship? Was there 2 weeks ago and they still didn't receive them, only the 576.

Also, the entire Surplus Pack went to another outlet not in MA. Not everything goes to Brighton.

Picked these up the other day for about $77 from Hanon during their free shipping promo. Gave me a heart attack when they finally arrived:

Thankfully shoes were just fine.

Already had the 1500BY and that one is one of my favorite NB pairs as of late, this one didn't disappoint either.

Toying with the idea of biting on one of the NB1s with the perf as well. Here are a few passes using familiar cws:
Wow the red on these is not what I imagined from the stock photos online. This seems a deeper scarlet red and online it kind of has this cloudy faded red look to it. These are killer. I only remember seeing one US13 awhile back but passed because I thought the color was different. If only I knew lol. 

I have a friend who works for them and he tells me they get hundreds of emails about quality issues and even shape concerns and they really don't do much about it. NB USA seems to me to be much larger and much more corporate then NB uk.. They don't really have a relationship with the die hard fans like UK does
I'm sure if the complaints turned into quarterly profit loss in a noticeable way we wouldn't be continuing this argument. NB Uk is only one factory and their heritage shoes like the 1500 prob make up most of their production and business so when they hear of complaints its easier for them to implement change without costing too much money. If NB USA isn't responding that just means they don't see the outcome outweighing the cost. They have 5 factories for UK's one and the Heritage shoe line extends farther than the 998 with the 990 making up most of their production. Even though we see the problem most people won't even care and even some of us continue to buy these shoes on discount from Nb retailers. Also remember that NB is a private enterprise which means they only answer to the board of investors and don't have to disclose info like regulated publicly traded companies have to. I have friends who work at some of the NB stores and tell me about production issues from the Mass. factories all the time for example the 990v4 has tissue that gets mashed down into the toebox when they come off the production line and this stretches out the mesh giving the top front a ballonish appearance from where the paper sat waded up in the shoe. You would think this would be fixed but stuff like this goes on constantly because the cost of change is all the exes see. 

J Crew has some nice products that I slept on.. Especially these 1400's in my size.​
The new J. Crews are dope, but that Perf toe and other sneakers releases has my first priority right now..​
I wish J Crew & New Balance would actually drop apparel like this for Men.​
http://www.newbalance.com/jcrew/

They do have a mens line but most of it is basically a replica of the regular NB athletic line but with a jcrew name on it and a higher price. The womens line def has more of the athleisure look to it but thats what is popular these days. I will say that they are expanding the mens lifestyle apparel line for the future and some of that will be Made in USA. 

They got the whole Yard Pack at the Flagship? Was there 2 weeks ago and they still didn't receive them, only the 576.

Also, the entire Surplus Pack went to another outlet not in MA. Not everything goes to Brighton.
Yard Pack: Nope, 1500, 576,and one more not the 577.

Surplus Pack: What! I live near the Lawrence, Brighton, and Merrimack NH outlets and you telling me the went else where? ANGRY WORDS!!

Gracias: Good looks on the heads up to the community about the brighton outlet being stocked and rocked! . I went this past weekend and got a pair of 998DPHO for a buddy in Spain, 997DTAG for a boardie, a new 3x1 winter coat for me, and my daughter a pair of 574 on the low! Was a buy one get one 50% weekend so pretty much 25% off each item

Wow the red on these is not what I imagined from the stock photos online. This seems a deeper scarlet red and online it kind of has this cloudy faded red look to it. These are killer. I only remember seeing one US13 awhile back but passed because I thought the color was different. If only I knew lol. 
They are nice in hand. They have them for FULL retail at the Brighton MA outlet(Big up MoPark!)

Going back on Friday....Day off and pick up pops at logan...$90(if there is a deal you'd get discunt) plus actual shipping....Glad to help the homies!! PM me dog!

^ 998DHO hit the outlets?! Damn. Wish there was a good outlet near NYC haha.
Going back on Friday....Day off and pick up pops at logan...$90(if there is a deal you'd get discunt) plus actual shipping....Glad to help the homies!! No Proxy fee...PM me dog!

low key bummed my size sold out on concepts for the 997JOLs

hope i can grab them on discount in the future

Anyone gonna try to cop the "Tokyo Rat" 247's this Saturday?
Personally I wouldn't cop unless on 40% off retail. Nothing special about the 247s saw them in person and tried them on. Anyone know what retail is? Wouldn't be surprised if its $150+

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom