Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Looks like a 990v2

oh wow i'm a big fan of the 990v2, count me in for a pair of another fruity coloured concepts NB!

and how in the world did you spot that @Remy?

yes there is an all white men's version of 247 coming...as i mentioned earlier, there are going to be a bunch of colors of this model coming out this year, for those of you who like the model, but not any of the colors released so far...same goes for the 1978 model.

Cncpts also commented on one of their IG posts about an upcoming NB with a grape emoji. Interested to see how they turn out

Anywhere I can still find a 991BHR in US9? Been looking at ebay, grailed and google a lot but no luck.....

Great review man! Rope laces on NB is almost always a big no in my book, but I think I'm going to swap the grey flats for the rope laces on these. They pop so well. 

I got a pair of 2006 Action Pack 577. Worn only a hand full of times. Do you think they can be worn? Clearly that is my desire but if they gonna crumble to nothing I'd rather just have em up on the shelf.

Please advise!

UnDS of the day

im not a big 990 fan, hopefully I dont like the cncpts too much
laugh.gif
Repped purely for the fact that you broke out a brand new pair of sneakers (suede and mesh, no less) with the weather as awful as it's been here in Boston/MA!

I got a pair of 2006 Action Pack 577. Worn only a hand full of times. Do you think they can be worn? Clearly that is my desire but if they gonna crumble to nothing I'd rather just have em up on the shelf.

Please advise!

When is the last time they were worn?

i still wear my 577's from around the same time/ early 2000's and they are solid, but i'm not sure how much longer..i think you'll be OK. 

Is there a sizing difference between made in US 577 and UK 577? Thanks
@JerkStore  is correct based on what I know. Only non UK made 577s I've seen are all Asia-made.

As for sizing, in my limited experience Asian-made 577s tend to run bigger than UK made 577s by about a half size.

For reference, I go:

- Size 12 in Nike Air Max 90, Jordan Retros (all models same for me), Asics Gel Lyte 3

- Size 11.5 in most U.S. made New Balances including 997/998s, most UK made New Balances including 577s

- Size 11in Asian-made 577s (only pairs I've owned or tried on in the past include the Burn Rubber Joe Louis 577s, Bodega Hyprcat 577s, Ronnie Fieg Americana 577s).

Ideally you wanna try it on, but in the case that you can't, hope this helps somewhat.

Great review man! Rope laces on NB is almost always a big no in my book, but I think I'm going to swap the grey flats for the rope laces on these. They pop so well. 
I feel the same way.  I always go with the flats and I usually like going with white flats but for these, I will be going with the ropes

Back
Top Bottom