Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I'm in Canada and we don't have any outlet deals like in the US. But I just randomly walked into a Marshalls with my wife and glanced at a M990DAN that I've looking at copping for a long time and it was on clearance for $60CAN! Then I looked down the aisle and found boxes and boxes of NB USA/UK models. Sizes were a mixed bag for my size but got it down to 5 pairs: 1300CLB, 1500FB, 997.5 GR, 997CGB, 990DAN.  My wife almost killed me because I just picked up 4 pairs in the last two months as well but I can't say no to a good deal.

I'm in Canada and we don't have any outlet deals like in the US. But I just randomly walked into a Marshalls with my wife and glanced at a M990DAN that I've looking at copping for a long time and it was on clearance for $60CAN! Then I looked down the aisle and found boxes and boxes of NB USA/UK models. Sizes were a mixed bag for my size but got it down to 5 pairs: 1300CLB, 1500FB, 997.5 GR, 997CGB, 990DAN.  My wife almost killed me because I just picked up 4 pairs in the last two months as well but I can't say no to a good deal.
your wife will forgive. those are major finds. 

Very nice

Great finds! Mind sharing which Marshall's this is?

Ottawa, Bank St location ... I went to the other locations in town this evening but nothing there. In fact it's the first I've seen a USA NB in a Marshalls ever so it might be a one time deal.

So, kinda a several part question/post.

Has anyone here used StockX? There are a couple things I'm debating trying to grab.....

Are there any known fakes of the the 998 Premier or the Ronnie Fieg "City Never Sleeps"? Any info greatly appreciated.

Pics or it never happened!!
So, kinda a several part question/post.

Has anyone here used StockX? There are a couple things I'm debating trying to grab.....

Are there any known fakes of the the 998 Premier or the Ronnie Fieg "City Never Sleeps"? Any info greatly appreciated.
Stock X trues the kicks first so you should be good to go if you use them...I have heard of Outlet finds of both those or maybe B-Grades but not of fakes. They are not that HOT or HYPED of a shoe to make a bootlegger to stop making J's. 500 pairs of Cenment 3 are 100% gonna sell...500 pairs of Premier 998 might take a bit. 

Stock X also has $25 off deal for your first purchase so you got that in your back pocet!!

Pics or it never happened!!

Stock X trues the kicks first so you should be good to go if you use them...I have heard of Outlet finds of both those or maybe B-Grades but not of fakes. They are not that HOT or HYPED of a shoe to make a bootlegger to stop making J's. 500 pairs of Cenment 3 are 100% gonna sell...500 pairs of Premier 998 might take a bit. 

Stock X also has $25 off deal for your first purchase so you got that in your back pocet!!

Thanks. Repped. I did a little researching and I just wasn't sure since down of the people associated are possibly a little shady. Plus, if there any signs of fakes it puts my mind at ease a little more. I wish I could find those at an outlet......I also wish there was an outlet near me lol. I have seen a few pairs in eBay....

Ottawa, Bank St location ... I went to the other locations in town this evening but nothing there. In fact it's the first I've seen a USA NB in a Marshalls ever so it might be a one time deal.

Thanks and repped! Will check out some spots here in Toronto. Saw someone on FB post 998 DMONs at Winners for $99.

Looks like these might be the new concepts nb 990

Not a Cncpts exclusive...these have been out in the DC/Bmore/Philly area for a month or so...990v4 is the official shoe of DC/Bmore/Philly. I've talked to shoe store owners that sell 990s to Jordan's 10 to 1. One guy in Philly told me there are days that he sells 50 pairs in one day. My store sells about 50-100 pairs of 990s a week. Just today we sold 3 pairs in our first hour.

Last edited:
Wore my Napa Valleys today. If they keep the perf option for another 2 weeks I may make a perf version of these, or these joints.. :nerd:

No sir...those kicks be UGLY like my ex girlfriend's credit score!! That model is why NB gets the grandpa tag.
I hear you, man. I was the same way initially with the 991. After the 991.5, though, I've come to really appreciate the 991. They give off the dad shoe vibe for sure but I think they are actually quite sophisticated and mature in their construction. I think that's why I really appreciate it when brands do special packs or when boutiques do collabs with the more obscure models. For example, NB's most popular "mainstream" made in USA models are undoubtedly the 997 and 998. But I think Concepts' upcoming collaboration on the 990V2 is really going to help introduce the shoe to a whole new audience who may not have messed with that model previously (even though most of us in here would agree that the 990V2 is a super dope shoe).

Same thing with the 990V3 and V4. I can see why someone wouldn't like them but I don't think these shoes are necessarily the ones that give NB the "grandpa tag." When I think of NB's grandpa shoes I am thinking of these joints right here:

These joints are so ugly. But they still got that Abzorb!
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom