Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Got my concepts in today.

I checked them out real quick on my lunch break and I am thoroughly impressed.

Was a little worried since a lot of people (including Concepts) were saying to go TTS but I went .5 down and they are perfect. Would have been huge on me in my true size.

Also lace locks look great. I originally thought they were gold or some plain shiny color but they're actually the same snail pattern as the box.

990 is 
nthat.gif

Def not dad shoe vibes

The boss prefers slacks, dress shoes, and a jacket. But over the years, I've gradually moved toward dark jeans, jacket, and now comfortable shoes
Nice. We get casual fridays, but I'm hoping at some point they just let us dress casual everyday. We don't have many customers coming into our offices, so the need for business casual just doesn't make much sense to me. 

Nice. We get casual fridays, but I'm hoping at some point they just let us dress casual everyday. We don't have many customers coming into our offices, so the need for business casual just doesn't make much sense to me. 

Totally agree, I think it's silly.

Older generation often think that you need to dress the part to do your job well which is insane.

I work in an office but am remote at least once a week and I probably work harder wearing sweatpants than I do dress pants and a button down.

Got my concepts in today.

I checked them out real quick on my lunch break and I am thoroughly impressed.

Was a little worried since a lot of people (including Concepts) were saying to go TTS but I went .5 down and they are perfect. Would have been huge on me in my true size.

Also lace locks look great. I originally thought they were gold or some plain shiny color but they're actually the same snail pattern as the box.

990 is 
nthat.gif

Def not dad shoe vibes
is it more royal purple in person?  the pics kinda look marronish.

@ohwassup many of NB's made in USA collabs ship straight from NB's distribution center in Rhode Island, as is the case with these

Last edited:

is it more royal purple in person?  the pics kinda look marronish.
definitely more royal

Those shots on concepts site make them look really maroon but only the liner and writing on the tongue are that color

Last edited:
Guess it's a 990s kind of day. Both delivered. Horween for 125 is just highway robbery. Very glad I copped. And concepts is super super plush suede. Might have to do a real comparison between these and my diadora purple tapes

Last edited:
I think Cncpts has packer beat in terms of quality

Not that purple tapes are bad at all... concepts are just insanely good  

I think Cncpts has packer beat in terms of quality

Not that purple tapes are bad at all... concepts are just insanely good  
Do you have the Purp Tapes though? Like its insanely nice suede... I will have to do a real comparison

Do you have the Purp Tapes though? Like its insanely nice suede... I will have to do a real comparison

Yeah I own the purple tapes and agree they're nice. But I was blown away pulling concepts out of the box today

Last edited:
Guess it's a 590s kind of day. Both delivered. Horween for 125 is just highway robbery. Very glad I copped. And concepts is super super plush suede. Might have to do a real comparison between these and my diadora purple tapes

Beautiful! These are my two most recent NB pickups as well. Can't wait to get home later this week and check em out in person

There's something about this model that I just can't get down with. I can't pinpoint what it is exactly... I think it might be the weird perforations in the toebox. 

Perforations I can get down with. For me, I don't like the deconstructed look with the thin tongue and lining AND the shot of the heel with this huge midsole is ugly as hell.

Perforations I can get down with. For me, I don't like the deconstructed look with the thin tongue and lining AND the shot of the heel with this huge midsole is ugly as hell.
Oh wow. Yeah that back heel shot is a definite deal breaker for me. They look like platform shoes. 

if comfort on the 1978 is anything like the 990v1 i'm in for a pair when they hit discount. 

for all the reasons you guys stated about the deconstructed look and the heel counter/midsole height i can't see paying anything over 80 bucks for these.

Back
Top Bottom