Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I think the main reason I appreciate collabs is because they often expose me to different models (and even different brands). I really think the shoe game today is over-saturated with collabs but back in the day they were a special thing. I gotta admit that Ronnie Fieg and Concepts collabs are what turned me on to NB's. First the Daytona 1600s and then the Rose 997s. I'm relatively super late to the NB game compared to some of you guys in here who've been following the brand for a lonnngg time, I know, but I was all about the swoosh and the jumpman.

With that said, I'm really glad Concepts took a risk and did a collab on a model that isn't as widely heralded as the 997 and 998, especially given its dad-shoe status. I've been sleeping hard on this model and having this shoe in hand has me on that discount hunt for other pairs of 990V2s for sure. Hope everyone else is enjoying their Tyrians!

I think the main reason I appreciate collabs is because they often expose me to different models (and even different brands). I really think the shoe game today is over-saturated with collabs but back in the day they were a special thing. I gotta admit that Ronnie Fieg and Concepts collabs are what turned me on to NB's. First the Daytona 1600s and then the Rose 997s. I'm relatively super late to the NB game compared to some of you guys in here who've been following the brand for a lonnngg time, I know, but I was all about the swoosh and the jumpman.

With that said, I'm really glad Concepts took a risk and did a collab on a model that isn't as widely heralded as the 997 and 998, especially given its dad-shoe status. I've been sleeping hard on this model and having this shoe in hand has me on that discount hunt for other pairs of 990V2s for sure. Hope everyone else is enjoying their Tyrians!
I had a very similar intro to NB as you man. RF and Cncpts collabs got me into NB because of the stark difference in quality compared to Jordan and Nike. 

MUST. RESIST. COPPING. THE. TYRIANS.

635842029419832522-149641849_freak%20out.gif

MUST. RESIST. COPPING. THE. TYRIANS.

My pair just arrived and they're way nicer in person. You won't regret it if you do end up getting them

bds120 bds120 great comparison shot. I was just thinking why I grabbed these and didn't grab the Purple Tapes. Now I know why. The shade of purple on the NB's is more to my liking.

Last edited:
My pair just arrived and they're way nicer in person. You won't regret it if you do end up getting them

bds120 bds120 great comparison shot. I was just thinking why I grabbed these and didn't grab the Purple Tapes. Now I know why. The shade of purple on the NB's is more to my liking.
Yea but they're "sold out" no? Lol

Last edited:
Does anyone know anyone good sneaker restoration spots in NYC? I want to bring my 1500 ARCs back to life...

Got my concepts in today.

I checked them out real quick on my lunch break and I am thoroughly impressed.

Was a little worried since a lot of people (including Concepts) were saying to go TTS but I went .5 down and they are perfect. Would have been huge on me in my true size.

Also lace locks look great. I originally thought they were gold or some plain shiny color but they're actually the same snail pattern as the box.

990 is 
nthat.gif

Def not dad shoe vibes
So same as your 998 size?

The boss prefers slacks, dress shoes, and a jacket. But over the years, I've gradually moved toward dark jeans, jacket, and now comfortable shoes
Nice. We get casual fridays, but I'm hoping at some point they just let us dress casual everyday. We don't have many customers coming into our offices, so the need for business casual just doesn't make much sense to me. 
Dressing nice in an office isn't just about impressing your clients, you dress formal to show that you are professional and take the job seriously. Your outfit is a reflection of your work ethic and if everyone showed up wearing casual clothes because they want to feel relaxed maybe that might start to show in your work as well. Not that this is always the case but this is the kind of thing that management def thinks about and one of the reasons why there is def a science behind the "suit". 

well, its nothing you havnt seen before, but I cant even say how happy I am to finally have a pair of these. I have a thing about worn shoes, so I was only looking for DS pairs so when this one popped up, I couldnt let them go.

What size and how much if you dont mind me asking...cnotes cw is very appealing for some reason

Perforations I can get down with. For me, I don't like the deconstructed look with the thin tongue and lining AND the shot of the heel with this huge midsole is ugly as hell.
Agree that this thick midsole is not too pleasing.....guess it is their tradeoff that they have to do it in one piece? Overall it's still more appealing to me than the 247....disco disco

Dressing nice in an office isn't just about impressing your clients, you dress formal to show that you are professional and take the job seriously. Your outfit is a reflection of your work ethic and if everyone showed up wearing casual clothes because they want to feel relaxed maybe that might start to show in your work as well. Not that this is always the case but this is the kind of thing that management def thinks about and one of the reasons why there is def a science behind the "suit". 

Yea
..this is a lie. If I come to work in a suit I would immediately be asked if I was leaving. I did the time where I had to wear suits daily but now I wear jeans and sneakers.

A suit is just that, a suit and I know a lot of folks who can dress but suck at there job.

So don't let it fool you. I have 2 degrees and two certifications and chill comfortable at work because my team gets stuff done.

Don't believe me go follow bds120 on IG.

don't mind the sonras, wanted to share my leather LPU's

Dope. I see me and you are in alignment. I have the same shoes. I'm waiting on my sonra purple delivery as we speak. I started a sonra thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom