Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Anyone know where I can find 1500WR in a 9? Pretty much looked everywhere I can think of but no luck except for eBay pairs in Germany and the UK. Don't want to pay an extra $35 for shipping at the moment.

Did anyone ever get shots of the NB1 suede swatches from the new wheel?
I haven't come across any NB1s that used the mint cream or dark cyan colors.
I saw post on IG where someone used moroccan blue and it looks completely different than online.

remy remy Ive got an NB1 using the Dark Cyan for the toe wrap and embroidery coming in tomorrow.

I'll post some in hand pics when I get a sec.

Did anyone ever get shots of the NB1 suede swatches from the new wheel?
I haven't come across any NB1s that used the mint cream or dark cyan colors.
I saw post on IG where someone used moroccan blue and it looks completely different than online.

I had to Google the dark cyan color and I hope my NB1 came out right.

remy remy Ive got an NB1 using the Dark Cyan for the toe wrap and embroidery coming in tomorrow.

Now I'm very interested to see the color in real life

I haven't heard anything about my pair shipping. I'm getting antsy!!! Lol

Sweet! pretty excited to see what you came up with.
I have a bunch of ideas I want to do but prefer to know the exact color before ordering.

I had to Google the dark cyan color and I hope my NB1 came out right.

Now I'm very interested to see the color in real life

I haven't heard anything about my pair shipping. I'm getting antsy!!! Lol
When did you order? I ordered Friday afternoon and am still waiting for shipping on my pair too.

Also if anyone cares this dude said the toe wrap color is Moroccan blue.

IMG_0335.PNG

And this is NB1s representation of it
IMG_0386.PNG

Sweet! pretty excited to see what you came up with.
I have a bunch of ideas I want to do but prefer to know the exact color before ordering.

When did you order? I ordered Friday afternoon and am still waiting for shipping on my pair too.

I ordered Sunday, but a member said I should hear something by today. Oh well, I'm just excited to get them and hope the color is right, but judging by what you just posted, I might have botched it lol

I ordered Sunday, but a member said I should hear something by today. Oh well, I'm just excited to get them and hope the color is right, but judging by what you just posted, I might have botched it lol
Ut oh lol
You used dark cyan or another color?

Screenshot_2017-08-16-16-18-57.png
Screenshot_2017-08-16-16-16-57.png

The bottom one is what Google said is "dark cyan". I tried to make a "Provider" 998. Obviously, the top is the "Provider" 1500. I'm just hope it doesn't come out too greenish looking otherwise in gonna maybe have to put in some work on them.
Ut oh lol
You used dark cyan or another color?

Screenshot_2017-08-16-16-18-57.png
Screenshot_2017-08-16-16-16-57.png

The bottom one is what Google said is "dark cyan". I tried to make a "Provider" 998. Obviously, the top is the "Provider" 1500. I'm just hope it doesn't come out too greenish looking otherwise in gonna maybe have to put in some work on them.

The bottom one is what Google said is "dark cyan". I tried to make a "Provider" 998. Obviously, the top is the "Provider" 1500. I'm just hope it doesn't come out too greenish looking otherwise in gonna maybe have to put in some work on them.[/QUOTE]

Built these last year. Unfortunately I don't remember the shade of blue.

Attachments

• 20170816_175023.png
    20170816_175023.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
Built these last year. Unfortunately I don't remember the shade of blue.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I wonder if it was the "fin blue" or if it was the "sport blue" or whatever. Hmm.....well here's to hoping what I ordered came out good.

Screenshot_2017-08-16-14-17-15.png
I got an email from the Todd Snyder people about the shoe they released.
Even the name is kinda a rip....

I don't mind them, so if I could get them for a solid disount I might consider it.

I liked his first NB1 collab (Black And Tan's) These new joints tho....

o9Ba9.gif

So do y'all think the days of J. Crew and New Balance 998's collabs is officially exhausted?​

I do like the 998s, but I'm thinking of adding some other silhouettes....maybe do some possible custom "CNS", "Tassie Tiger" and "Salmon Toe" 574s. I think the "Salmon Toe" 574s or the DRK2s are next for me.

I liked his first NB1 collab (Black And Tan's) These new joints tho....

o9Ba9.gif

So do y'all think the days of J. Crew and New Balance 998's collabs is officially exhausted?​

I think that it'll be a while before we experience the glory that was Concrete Jungles, Pebble Blues, Hilltop Blues, Nighthawks, etc... those were bangers and in hindsight I wish I had copped a couple of these pairs that I passed on initially. The most recent beach ball inspired 998 is a sham, IMO.

I know that there's been complaints about QC and shapes but to me those aren't the reasons that I personally think the 998 is in a funk. I personally think that NB1 introducing the 998 silo has contributed to the 998's current state of malaise. Seriously, some of you guys have produced some brilliant NB1s that could easily have passed for GRs or collabs and have gone on to be copied by others (I can't remember how many times I've seen remy remy 's Dusty Blossom joints reproduced on IG and I am pretty sure he was the first to do it- correct me if I'm wrong). But that's also been to the detriment of the model. I think the 998 has lost a bit of its mystique and status as a result. I find myself hunting for older GR 998s or playing with concepts on NB1 but I'm rarely attracted to the newer color ways. Maybe if NB ever decides to pull it from the NB1 program they'll give it a chance to regain its footing.

I know a lot of us in here have vouched for the 997 to be brought into the NB1 program but I think it would do the exact same thing. I've talked with NB employees before about this and they share the same sentiment... dear NB don't kill the 997, please. Recent models seem to be on the upswing with better construction (those 997CSU have fantastic shapes reminiscent of the first run of reissues). Hope it stays that way.

Jcrew is usually hit or miss. Some stuff is great. Some terrible. Look at the 997. Butterscotch were an incredible unique colorway. Moonshots, not so much. Same with their asics collab a. Blue ribbons are clean. Other cws not so much.

Last edited:
I think that it'll be a while before we experience the glory that was Concrete Jungles, Pebble Blues, Hilltop Blues, Nighthawks, etc... those were bangers and in hindsight I wish I had copped a couple of these pairs that I passed on initially. The most recent beach ball inspired 998 is a sham, IMO.

I know that there's been complaints about QC and shapes but to me those aren't the reasons that I personally think the 998 is in a funk. I personally think that NB1 introducing the 998 silo has contributed to the 998's current state of malaise. Seriously, some of you guys have produced some brilliant NB1s that could easily have passed for GRs or collabs and have gone on to be copied by others (I can't remember how many times I've seen remy remy 's Dusty Blossom joints reproduced on IG and I am pretty sure he was the first to do it- correct me if I'm wrong). But that's also been to the detriment of the model. I think the 998 has lost a bit of its mystique and status as a result. I find myself hunting for older GR 998s or playing with concepts on NB1 but I'm rarely attracted to the newer color ways. Maybe if NB ever decides to pull it from the NB1 program they'll give it a chance to regain its footing.

I know a lot of us in here have vouched for the 997 to be brought into the NB1 program but I think it would do the exact same thing. I've talked with NB employees before about this and they share the same sentiment... dear NB don't kill the 997, please. Recent models seem to be on the upswing with better construction (those 997CSU have fantastic shapes reminiscent of the first run of reissues). Hope it stays that way.

Word. I can see that the NB1 program kind of killed the 998 over the past 3 years or so... I have 46 pairs of NB1's 998's, so I may have a slight bias for the 998. I would love to see a revamped version of the 998 like the did for the 574's. :pimp:

I grabbed this from The Shoe Surgeon's Twitter last year. :pimp:

5744944398999048654-account_id=1.jpg

Also, @mykoh you really need to make these bad boys! :nthat:

4818614389451473997-account_id=1.png

Back
Top Bottom