Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

yeah i did my research, it definitely is/was sneakerff. i remember because he used to post here. but then i got all paranoid and shi because why would he have to change names if he got caught selling fakes or something :smh: so i'm good right?
they def not selling fake nbs

ba0e59875af8be6aaf4af03695d124fd8603b3d6_hq.gif
Just ordered my "City Never Sleeps" inspired pair of NB1 998.

Last edited:
I got one of those at like Burlington for 3 bucks. It is a suede and nubuck eraser and brush. I had a pair of shoes I thought was ruined from a night of drinking and failed cleaning attempt. The eraser and brush have them looking night and day better

9693D3B8-F58B-41A2-B41D-31C6879F5E5D.jpeg

837D98DB-8331-4C6B-AE62-01FDF0B276CD.jpeg

Had to put these on with the fit last night. Took me less than a week to put these things on once I got them. I definitely see the hype on 1500s now.

I got one of those at like Burlington for 3 bucks. It is a suede and nubuck eraser and brush. I had a pair of shoes I thought was ruined from a night of drinking and failed cleaning attempt. The eraser and brush have them looking night and day better

I actually got mine from Burlington as well. Well worth it.

Last edited:
sneakerchs.com
sale20
m990sc4 in size 11 and a few other nbs

if you were following my story, i've verified with NB and they claim they are a authorized retailer. also the mesh i think it was just the different lighting highlighting different part of the mesh. i hope. the lighting on mine were pretty direct sunlight coming in through my windows. if you guys could snap a pic like that maybe i'll finally feel comfortable rocking.

Thanks for posting this sale! Missed out on the initial Hyannis drop and they had the red ones in my size 13 with extra 20% off. $160 shipped, not bad at all

Cleaning process is done drily, no water?

Don't put water on your suede or nubuck at all. Ruins it, especially the suede. Clean it dry. The eraser will lift stains from the material and the brush will get the deep seeded gunk and crap out. Then you can brush the suede back to proper nap and shape and have them looking really good. I highly suggest investing in a suede protectant spray as well. Only a couple of bucks and definitely helps ya out if you get caught in a wet/rainy situation while in suede shoes or jacket.

Investing in proper preventative and maintenance materials for your shoes/clothing, especially suede, will help it stay clean and last as long as possible. I might be a bit different than most people, but as most of us sneaker/shoe fans can relate to, I really enjoy taking an hour or so once a month on a weekend and cleaning a handful of shoes and bringing them back to pristine condition. It's like getting a new pair of shoes all over again, and you'd be surprised at how clean you can get them with a little bit of work and minimal effort.

Don't put water on your suede or nubuck at all. Ruins it, especially the suede. Clean it dry. The eraser will lift stains from the material and the brush will get the deep seeded gunk and crap out. Then you can brush the suede back to proper nap and shape and have them looking really good. I highly suggest investing in a suede protectant spray as well. Only a couple of bucks and definitely helps ya out if you get caught in a wet/rainy situation while in suede shoes or jacket.

Investing in proper preventative and maintenance materials for your shoes/clothing, especially suede, will help it stay clean and last as long as possible. I might be a bit different than most people, but as most of us sneaker/shoe fans can relate to, I really enjoy taking an hour or so once a month on a weekend and cleaning a handful of shoes and bringing them back to pristine condition. It's like getting a new pair of shoes all over again, and you'd be surprised at how clean you can get them with a little bit of work and minimal effort.

100% agreed with all this. I also highly recommend SneakersER for folks in here... their starter kit comes with a brush and their solution... works like a charm.

Yep. Just as the other guy said. I got one that has like a 2 sided eraser, one for nubuck and one for suede. I am not the go to guy on cleaning. The pair of shoes I had were cheap from Nordstrom Rack and I didn't want to just throw them out. I figured they would be something I could practice on, or if it didn't work them I wouldn't feel to bad if they were destroyed. My previous cleaning attempt was bad. I used the eraser on certain areas of the shoes and then lightly brushed them with the brush. They aren't perfect but a lot better. A

jjlincoln15 jjlincoln15 exactly, I agree as well.

Erasers are the best option for suede for sure. I think I have that same cheap kiwi brand too and been using it for years lol.

What do you guys do for your mesh toe box/collar though?

I also highly recommend one of these since so many NBs have suede.

81bX94uyTML._UY395_.jpg

Very versatile, and IIRC brass bristles are some of the best at cleaning suede. Just search "Shacke Suede Brush" on Amazon.

jjlincoln15 jjlincoln15 exactly, I agree as well.

Erasers are the best option for suede for sure. I think I have that same cheap kiwi brand too and been using it for years lol.

What do you guys do for your mesh toe box/collar though?

Paper towel or cleaning cloth and a shoe detergent for me personally. Use as directed on the bottle. For mesh and ankle collars I believe in a dab and twist technique cuz it will lift the dirt instead of smearing it around if you were to just wipe back and forth. Use the same technique for flyknit as well. Helps if you put your hand inside the shoe and push out on the toe box to give it something hard for you to use the towel against if that makes sense. Could also use a soft bristle tooth brush and brush the mesh. It should clean it without ripping it like a hard brush will.

On leather and midsoles you can just go nuts and wipe like crazy until it comes out.

That’s super helpful actually, thanks dude. I’ll try to find a decent detergent and attempt it this weekend. I just hope I don’t get any of it on the suede

That’s super helpful actually, thanks dude. I’ll try to find a decent detergent and attempt it this weekend. I just hope I don’t get any of it on the suede

You should be fine. The paper towel or cloth isn't gonna be drenched in it so it's highly unlikely it'll end up on the suede. You usually dip a corner of the cloth or a small portion of it in to the cleaning mix.

Think damp section of a paper towel, not dripping wet.

I also highly recommend one of these since so many NBs have suede.

81bX94uyTML._UY395_.jpg

Very versatile, and IIRC brass bristles are some of the best at cleaning suede. Just search "Shacke Suede Brush" on Amazon.

always wondered how to use these, maybe i should youtube it

For suede cleaners, I highly recommend Lincoln EZ Cleaner.
EDIT: Also, just a heads up: erasers might rub off some suede if you rub the suede too hard and may spread smudges.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom