Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

If anyone is interested, the all red suede 1600 is $99 on Holabird - looks like all sizes are there. I can't find a current coupon for holabird.

Just FYI, if you're interested in applying, do so right here in the thread, not through PM. Remember, you need three approvals to be accepted.

Please no one PM me anymore. We have an official application process as GTFan712 has outlined. Looking forward to seeing some sick NBs, and hopefully some that haven't been seen in a long time. Thank you!

Hello,

I am applying for Team NB

I'm a size 12 , from Florida

I've only recently been into collecting sneakers. I used to wear clogs to work in the hospital but since I wear scrubs all day, I found sneakers is the one place I can add some color. I like New Balance for the quality of their shoes. They are generally well-made, and the materials are top-notch for your money. I also value the fact that NB is one of the few companies , if not the only, who still makes sneakers in the US, UK (Not to demean those that are made in Asia). It takes a lot of effort to keep a factory going here especially with the incentives to produce abroad. Furthermore, I am also amazed by the face that NB is "Endorsed by No One". It speaks volumes about the quality of their shoes!. Currently , I am loving my 1300s and my single 998. I hear that the 996s are really comfortable and would like to purchase my first pair. Lastly, I would like to apply for #10 in the roster. Sorry for the crappy Iphone picture.

Count me in for the application at roster #4.  My shoes size is a 9.5/10 and I live in Missoula, MT.  I'm not going to lie, I'm a noob to the New Balance scene.... SBs are what got me(and most other shoe collectors) into the hobby.  After sort of giving up skateboarding I decided that I needed to expand my shoe game to "grown up shoes" as my mom puts it, so I started my search.  I wasn't through with Nike yet so I tried the good old Air Max 1.  The shoe turned out to be so much more comfortable than SBs were that I was hooked on trainers/runners.  After lurking forums and doing endless amounts of internet research I finally unearthed the goodness that is NB.  My first model was a 999(and my favorite or the 577)The richness and variety of materials are unparalleled when compared to any other shoe company that mass produces shoes.  Their company also seems to have a higher code of ethics when it comes to making their products and I'm not talking about materials here, I'm talking about a set of morals at their factories.  This company isn't a sweatshop in Asia(although they do have a factory there), it employees humans on several different continents that have employment/labor laws.  This is why I rock New Balances and will continue to do so until my feet fall off.

ps.  i forgot to include my mojitos in the pic.

I forgot to mention that this thread is a big part of it. You guys have been really helpful. I think everyone starts somewhere, with nothing to contribute but instead just lurking. The vibe in this place makes one want to give back to the community. Its all about helping each other out. 

Count me in for the application at roster #4.  My shoes size is a 9.5/10 and I live in Missoula, MT.  I'm not going to lie, I'm a noob to the New Balance scene.... SBs are what got me(and most other shoe collectors) into the hobby.  After sort of giving up skateboarding I decided that I needed to expand my shoe game to "grown up shoes" as my mom puts it, so I started my search.  I wasn't through with Nike yet so I tried the good old Air Max 1.  The shoe turned out to be so much more comfortable than SBs were that I was hooked on trainers/runners.  After lurking forums and doing endless amounts of internet research I finally unearthed the goodness that is NB.  My first model was a 999(and my favorite or the 577)The richness and variety of materials are unparalleled when compared to any other shoe company that mass produces shoes.  Their company also seems to have a higher code of ethics when it comes to making their products and I'm not talking about materials here, I'm talking about a set of morals at their factories.  This company isn't a sweatshop in Asia(although they do have a factory there), it employees humans on several different continents that have employment/labor laws.  This is why I rock New Balances and will continue to do so until my feet fall off.

+1
Hello,

I've only recently been into collecting sneakers. I used to wear clogs to work in the hospital but since I wear scrubs all day, I found sneakers is the one place I can add some color. I like New Balance for the quality of their shoes. They are generally well-made, and the materials are top-notch for your money. I also value the fact that NB is one of the few companies , if not the only, who still makes sneakers in the US, UK (Not to demean those that are made in Asia). It takes a lot of effort to keep a factory going here especially with the incentives to produce abroad. Furthermore, I am also amazed by the face that NB is "Endorsed by No One". It speaks volumes about the quality of their shoes!. Currently , I am loving my 1300s and my single 998. I hear that the 996s are really comfortable and would like to purchase my first pair. Lastly, I would like to apply for #10 in the roster. Sorry for the crappy Iphone picture.
+1

Since out out of town can I just apply without a pic of my collection and add to it later? or just wait till I get back on Tuesday? probably by then we'll be like 50 pages beyond this point.

I'm applying for a spot on team nb and I wear sz 10.5 but I'll do a 10 r 11 just depends on how bad I want the shoe lol. I'm new to the whole new balance and my first pair was the yots and after wearing them I'm officially hooked! I only have about 5 pair that I will take a pic of later. Im all about helping folks get the shoes they want because its nothing like seeing someone post the pic of a shoe that they've been chasing for a while and I know in my heart that I was able 2 help them out. I'm just in it for the love of the shoes not just new balance but shoes period and I hope you guys will accept me.

I'll take any spot on roster just want to be n the team

Last edited:
Will apply later today, good pics and good support.

This thread is the main reason i stay on NT, not sugarcoating. As we all know the immaturity that spews in the other shoe threads. Few mature, helpful threads/individuals.

ran into the same problem

+1

I'd love to join the team, but I feel like that will just give me easier access to alot of shoes i don't need hahaha.  I'll stick to just being a forum guy for now. I like to help out when i can, but most of you guys are so quick on the trigger that by the time i get to the thread the deals have been posted and almost sold out.  I usually just end up pm'ing guys that are looking for specific shoes and sizes.

hopefully we will be gettin released from hospital today and i can fill out my app and take pic if collection. just hope i make it in before the first group closes

Hello,

+1s for both. gatormd and jellyfishin just need approval from Stunna.

AS OF RIGHT NOW, YOU'LL GET THE MEMBER NUMBER YOU ARE ASSIGNED. If you'd like, you can trade later on once we hit the cap and things slow down, but right now I can't keep up with everyone's requests.

kicks504, you must be a member to award applicants with the +1.

Last edited:
+1s for both. gatormd and jellyfishin just need approval from Stunna.

AS OF RIGHT NOW, YOU'LL GET THE MEMBER NUMBER YOU ARE ASSIGNED. If you'd like, you can trade later on once we hit the cap and things slow down, but right now I can't keep up with everyone's requests.
Hello,

was gonna wear my 1300JPs today but i remembered this 
frown.gif

anyone know where i can go to get these reglued in the NYC area? (im still relatively new here)

Back
Top Bottom