Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

In all my time on NT I can't believe the day has come that folks are coming at @donjuan513. Pigs have flown.

On a related note, I've never understand folks trying to recreate an existing shoe on NB1, Nike ID, etc. Like... you for real want a bootleg? Seen folks do it with Courir & Linen AF1's...and now the JFG's. So corny & uncreative.
So is ripping off another collab aka what JFG did.

In all my time on NT I can't believe the day has come that folks are coming at @donjuan513. Pigs have flown.

On a related note, I've never understand folks trying to recreate an existing shoe on NB1, Nike ID, etc. Like... you for real want a bootleg? Seen folks do it with Courir & Linen AF1's...and now the JFG's. So corny & uncreative.

Make more & no one would have to. I get what you’re saying though & don’t necessarily disagree.

The RF Asics? If that's what you're referring to, then what I'm saying is obviously different. You're talking 2 completely different brands/models.
You mentioned it’s corny using an AF CW on an NB1. So it’s corny if a regular consumer does it but isn’t corny if JFG. Bit biased if you ask me.

You mentioned it’s corny using an AF CW on an NB1. So it’s corny if a regular consumer does it but isn’t corny if JFG. Bit biased if you ask me.

I never mentioned that. You didn't understand/didn't read. I was stating making a Nike ID custom of a Courir or Linen AF1 is corny. Same with making a custom NB of an already existing NB.

I never mentioned that. You didn't understand/didn't read. I was stating making a Nike ID custom of a Courir or Linen AF1 is corny. Same with making a custom NB of an already existing NB.

so just to clarify, it’s only corny to recreate a brands color way with that brand. But it’s not corny to copy another CWand apply it too another brand? Seems logical.

so just to clarify, it’s only corny to recreate a brands color way with that brand. But it’s not corny to copy another CWand apply it too another brand? Seems logical.

I think you finally got it. Good work. I'm talking specific model to model though....AF1 to AF1, etc.

Like dude posted a couple pages back, his 997's were inspired by Nike's Piets and some other Dunk....Puddys or something. Those are cool....because he's not trying to fake anything.

Point I'm trying to make, is people trying to make/imitate JFG NB1's are 1000% fakin' the funk/stooping to desperate levels. No bueno.

Too much noise for this JFG release ...
Wore my 997CA a bit last weekend, love them :
IMG_20200208_214258_885.jpg

And i played a bit with NB1 on the 992 :
IMG_20200213_151549.jpg

I think you finally got it. Good work. I'm talking specific model to model though....AF1 to AF1, etc.

Like dude posted a couple pages back, his 997's were inspired by Nike's Piets and some other Dunk....Puddys or something. Those are cool....because he's not trying to fake anything.

Point I'm trying to make, is people trying to make/imitate JFG NB1's are 1000% fakin' the funk/stooping to desperate levels. No bueno.

1:1 JFG clones are whatever, my issue is getting team red removed as a color, jeopardizing my NB1 that has team read on the vamp lol. that’s the only red on my custom and it’s dumb somebody can complain about a previously ubiquitous color and get it removed across the board.

if they wanted to go that route certain combinations could be flagged but taking off a regular color is lazy

Last edited:

Bit hypebeasty but hey, some people don’t feel the need to have the exact shoe or don’t want to jump through hoops and pay $$$ or support a clown.

Edit: on another note, Kanye is giving out free pairs to the public and JFG is giving out free botched pairs to his friends and family.

Last edited:
I also want to take a moment and say that I’ve been lurking NT since 2004 but never really posted until because of this thread and the GXFR thread in the Music section. Really appreciate the knowledge that everyone has been dropping (Debso, etc). A name that I have ALWAYS seen and respected across a great variety of threads is Ty.

lets drop the bull**** and get back to the positivity y’all.

Back
Top Bottom