Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

My first two pairs.

agree with b. im verry happy with my 999 elites.
+1

I just got a pair of SEALs in, and I'd say the Elite joints are way comfier than those.  Obviously the quality of the Concepts joints puts the Elites to shame, but comfort-wise, it isn't even close IMO.

I sold the blue Elites--just wasn't feeling them once I got them on foot.  But I'll probably buy another pair of the reds if they drop in price some on Zappos.  They're that dope to me.    

@ fo****zles: Great shots! Are you Filipino? Saw your location Manila, Phillipines that's why I asked.

@ B Sox: dope pairs. I love my 999 red elites as well. They're gonna be worn heavily this summer

@ remedy444: Great pickup! I'm still searching for a pair in my size

Last edited:
I'm size 8, but the 999 only has size 8.5. I only got enough for 1 pair. Which ones should i get?

Do 1300 run big or small? I've got my eye on the grapes.

Do 999 run big or small? I've got my eye on the red elites.

I'm size 8, but the 999 only has size 8.5. I only got enough for 1 pair. Which ones should i get?

Do 1300 run big or small? I've got my eye on the grapes.

Do 999 run big or small? I've got my eye on the red elites.
I think the 999s run 0.5 size large so you might need to find a 8 instead, I'm a 10.5 but went with a 10.5 in the 999s because I liked the wiggle room

1300s: run 0.5 size large

999s: run 0.5 size large

check my signature, I have a link to a sizing survey that we did a while back

your $$ = your choices, personally I'm not to fond of either one but i'd lean more to the red elites

@NikeTalk: i know about the survey (i filled it out too), but for the 1500s- theres really not a clear answer (its evenly skewed). So, for you or anybody else thats ownd 1500's (UK or Asia)- how do they fit for you?

in my personal experience, i would highly recommend you go down .5 size. i've purchased size 8.5 in both a uk and asia made 1500 before, and both were way too loose for me (felt like i had 1 inch of empty space in the toebox). didn't replace the uk-made pair (couldn't return it, but i never wear it because they're like clown shoes on me), but i went down .5 size to size 8 in the asia-made pair, and they fit much better (with just a lil' bit of space now).

Good gawd those atmos 996 are str8 crack! :smokin

Edit: so are those Pigeons... Wow!

Last edited:
@ fo****zles: Great shots! Are you Filipino? Saw your location Manila, Phillipines that's why I asked.
Yessir, born and raised in Phils. Currently located in Singapore though. Missin the country already :wow:

...to add to these.
Dat Pigeon set :smokin :smokin

dope wears BSox an Fos(hizzles
as far as the elites, if i had more funds right now i would definitely scoop the blue pair- i think they look great
Thanks Cham :D

@ fo(sh)izzles - man those pics are amazing - what kind of camera are you using?
Nikon D7000 with 50mm 1.8 Lens

Wow! :smokin :smokin

foshi zzles always with clean pics! :nthat:
haha! Thanks Jeff

Finally pulled the trigger on these custom 574's.  Should be in my possession in only 5 days.  That is what I love about NB... Nike ID takes 4-6 weeks but these are shipped from Maine so they claim 5 days to your door. 

Last edited:
Finally pulled the trigger on these custom 574's.  Should be in my possession in only 5 days.  That is what I love about NB... Nike ID takes 4-6 weeks but these are shipped from Maine so they claim 5 days to your door. 
Those are dope - kinda remind me of the Harvard "Home vs. Away" pack that Concepts did awhile back.  

I never have ordered ID's from NB, but it's amazing they come with the 5 day turnaround.  I had no idea the 574 customs were "Made in USA" too - for some reason I thought it would be more difficult to do each custom pair by hand, but thinking about it, it makes sense. Damn, now you've got me wanting a pair...

My bad if someone already posted this (don't remember seeing it), but has anyone heard about this:

http://www.nicekicks.com/2013/02/new-balance-fears-end-of-us-shoe-tariffs/

Apparently there is a lobbying effort (from Nike and others) to end tariffs on sneakers coming into the US from overseas that is gaining traction.  If that happened it would undoubtedly hurt the competitiveness of companies like New Balance who manufacture sneakers in the US.  

The sneaker industry would be so much better off IMO if every company was privately owned like New Balance and not just constantly driven to maximize profits for shareholders by any means necessary.  If tariff protection was ended, that could feasibly mean the end of "Made In USA" New Balances (and the loss of the 1,350+ NB factory workers' jobs in the US).

Here's the link to the original article in the WSJ (if you're a subscriber already... you can only read if you pay): http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323764804578312461184782312.html

Back
Top Bottom