Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I don't care if my red elites crack.  Bought two pairs to turn into beaters.  Cant rock Seals, West NYCs, Pigeons, etc. everyday(unless you're in James Harden's entourage!) so these are perfect beater status.

About $300 and they're only going up in value.  If you can find a pair that's DS for under 3 then you better pounce on it!

About $300 and they're only going up in value.  If you can find a pair that's DS for under 3 then you better pounce on it!
Highly doubt a DS pair can be found for less than 3hundred. I paid $325 and $300 for my two pairs and that was a week or so after RD when there were a bunch of pairs on eBay. Right now its looking difficult to even find a pair in your size, let alone for a decent price. If you do find them I would say 325-350 max.

Highly doubt a DS pair can be found for less than 3hundred. I paid $325 and $300 for my two pairs and that was a week or so after RD when there were a bunch of pairs on eBay. Right now its looking difficult to even find a pair in your size, let alone for a decent price. If you do find them I would say 325-350 max.
I copped a DS pair in dec. from OSlife for $265 shipped!  I was stocked to say the least.  But you are correct about them now.  I can't find another 9.5 to save my life.  I'm even willing to drop $300-325.  

Last edited:
Floral 574NBs! Lovin' the black pair :smokin :smokin :smokin :

Last edited:
I don't care if my red elites crack.  Bought two pairs to turn into beaters.  Cant rock Seals, West NYCs, Pigeons, etc. everyday(unless you're in James Harden's entourage!) so these are perfect beater status.
Yeah, but with a word like "elite" tacked on the end of it, it should be just that. Elite. But they're not. I'm 50/50 on them. Some parts of them are nice quality, like the suede, laces, ripstop, and the colorblocking is great on them. But other parts, most notably the soles and the midsoles, are pretty weak. I didn't buy them to be beaters, I bought them because they looked high-quality and "elite". They've fallen short on expectations, honestly.

Yeah, but with a word like "elite" tacked on the end of it, it should be just that. Elite. But they're not. I'm 50/50 on them. Some parts of them are nice quality, like the suede, laces, ripstop, and the colorblocking is great on them. But other parts, most notably the soles and the midsoles, are pretty weak. I didn't buy them to be beaters, I bought them ecause they looked high-quality and "elite". They've fallen short on expectations, honestly.
I def. hear that.  The midsoles are crap with paint on em.  Nothing elite about that.... but you can't go wrong with the CW.

Last edited:
after 1 wear ive noticed a bit of chipping in the back 
mean.gif
 , very light but i know itll only get worse..oh well what can you do, glad i paid under 100 for both tho

I def. hear that.  The midsoles are crap with paint on em.  Nothing elite about that.... but you can't go wrong with the CW.
 I love mine and am very happy I doubled up. No problems with midsole cracking on mine just yet. Probably wore them 3-4times

I copped a DS pair in dec. from OSlife for $265 shipped!  I was stocked to say the least.  But you are correct about them now.  I can't find another 9.5 to save my life.  I'm even willing to drop $300-325.  
Wish I could find a pair for $300!

After one wear?  Yes, you can complain.  

Even my cheapest AM90 with white midsoles take longer to chip/crack
I don't expect to get a high quality shoe for under $100 so the cracking/chipping is part of the game.  Look at all the fools who drop $160-200(retail) for Jordans that do the same thing.

For those wanting the $150 1400s on J.Crew, there's a 25% off AND free shipping coupon code for purchases of at least $150: LOVEJCREW

hmm, i guess you guys are right. i suppose i'm just not used to spending $100 on a shoe—a discounted price at that—and preparing myself for them to start falling apart within a few short days.

as much as everyone rips into nike for their lack of quality, i have many air max's that have seen 100x more wear than my 999's without any signs of cracking.

I don't expect to get a high quality shoe for under $100 so the cracking/chipping is part of the game.  Look at all the fools who drop $160-200(retail) for Jordans that do the same thing.

I personally expect quality out of anything I purchase regardless of price.

Hell, roshes and solarsofts are 70 and 65 and they hold up unbelievably well over time.  

These elite 999 are a beautiful colorway, but if they crack on the first day i'd be kind of cheesed even if i paid $20. Hence why I wouldn't buy them in the first place.

The only people who can't complain are the ones that know about the quality issues and then still buy the shoes and wonder why the paint chipped off after trying it on for their "instagram on foot standing on carpet before i put them back in the box til i forget i owned them" pic.

The whole comparing it to JB quality doesn't even need to be stated, you and I both know fools gonna do what they do.

Last edited:
^QFT.

actually wore my shoes, as in walked in them on some concrete and what not, and these were the results.

Wow...thats rough. I was considering buying them at some point but not anymore. I take it the blues do the same thing? Would NB do anything about it if you contacted them with pics?

blue's would undergo the same fate i imagine.

just sent them a message along with the photos, so i'll keep everyone posted on that front.

^^I agree but you also get what you pay for. And if I spend my hard earned money on some shoes. I want them to last more than a few weeks.

Just came in the mail. They do run a half size big for anyone that's still wondering. These are 
nthat.gif
... Better pic session to come in a day or two when I have some time. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom